The Hebrew Epistles: Where Do They Fit?

Lon

There are some people on this forum who deny that the doctrine found in the Hebrew Epistles are for those in the Body of Christ.

But were not all the believers who received those epistles in the Body? Let us determine to whom 1 Corinthians was addressed. Paul wrote:
"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).
All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so Paul's words in this epistle applies to them. And here is what he told every Israelite believer in every place:
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).
There can be no doubt whatsoever that all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus in every place must include all of the believers among the Israelites so they were told that they were baptized into the Body of Christ.

Perhaps there is at least one person among those who deny that the Hebrew epistles contain doctrine for the Body of Christ will address these two verses from 1 Corinthians?
First Corinthians says it is addressed to all Christians. Just because mail comes to 'my' house doesn't mean it is 'all' to me. Most of it is. "Occupant" means me. "Lon" means me. My daughter 'can' open 'occupant' but really shouldn't open "Lon" (by example, not a fast rule in this house).

I know this makes sense, and I think it applies to Hebrews:
First, the name: "Hebrews" - clear enough. Corinthians were likely all gentile converts.

Second, Hebrews 1: 1In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways - "ancestors" that God spoke through were definitely Hebrews as were nearly all "prophets."

Imho, we are further away from 'occupant' and a bit more specific. So much so, I'd probably put the letter back in the mail with the flag up. This letter is addressed to "Hebrews." I'm not one of those.

Because the letter is in my Bible, some Hebrews definitely shared with the church. We have this book to look upon but we have to discern "if/when" anything specifically addressed to Hebrews isn't mistakenly taken by us gentiles. I think too, it is yet an important book for Jews who become Christians today, and so needs to be in our Bibles for their sake too.

I hope/pray this is of some encouragement/blessing. I 'think' this post of mine is observable and applicable and appreciable by all across board from most denominations but double-check me (with all sincerity). I have no problem being corrected concerning my observations.

-Lon

Jerry Shugart

A secret parenthetical dispensation with a secret resurrection.......Dispensationalism is really a mess !!!!

Of course you have been shown this verse many times and all you do is to pretend that there is no such thing as a "dispensation of the mystery":

"and to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery which for ages hath been hid in God who created all things" (Eph.3:9).​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
They didn't sell the houses they lived in.

(Acts 8:3) But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

If they sold the houses they lived in, then why later did Saul go "house to house" to find these people?

Later, Saul stayed in the house of Judas, who was a believer.

(Acts 9:11) The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Why didn't Judas sell his house on Straight Street?

Still later, Peter stayed at the house of Simon of Joppa, who was a believer. Simon's house was by the sea:

(Acts 10:6) He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.

Why didn't Simon of Joppa sell his house by the sea?

Still later, after Peter escaped from jail, Peter stayed at Mary the mother of John's house:

(Acts 12:12) When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying.

Why didn't Mary the mother of John sell her house?

I could go on and on. Lydia's house is found in Acts 16:15, Jason's house is in 17:15, Aquila and Priscilla's house is in 18:1-3, Titus has a house in 18:11, Philip has a house in 21:8, and Mnason has a house in 21:16.

Also, MAD claims Paul was the first member in the BOC. Even though Paul tells us Aquilla and Priscilla were in Christ before him, MAD claims Aquilla and Priscilla were not in the BOC.

However, Aquilla and Priscilla have a house:

(Rom 16:5) Greet also the church that meets at their house.

Why didn't Aquilla and Priscilla sell their house?

Your Dispensationalism is a mess!

That's right.

And John W. forgets whose boat Jesus and the boys were sailin' around in.

Then he spins a lie about Ananias and his wife keepin' back part of the land.

It was the cash from the sale they held back, not the land.

He still refuses to answer where Paul got the notion Jesus said it is more blessed to give than receive.

What's really sad is, he instead posted a bunch of verses with no understanding behind them.

And unsurprisingly, one of the ole deceived hens started cooing.

Reminds me of one a them seminars that scam folks outta their money. :noway:

Jerry Shugart

Imho, we are further away from 'occupant' and a bit more specific. So much so, I'd probably put the letter back in the mail with the flag up. This letter is addressed to "Hebrews." I'm not one of those.

You are not Timothy either so you must believe that the doctrine found in 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy is not for you.

We have this book to look upon but we have to discern "if/when" anything specifically addressed to Hebrews isn't mistakenly taken by us gentiles. I think too, it is yet an important book for Jews who become Christians today, and so needs to be in our Bibles for their sake too.

It is only those who are in the Body of Christ who dwell in the very presence of God because only those in the Body have been raised up and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved); And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God" (Col.3:1).​

Those to whom the book of Hebrews were addressed also had access to the heavenly sphere:

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh" (Heb.10:19-20).​

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Heb.4:16).​

Corinthians were likely all gentile converts.

1 Corinthians was not just addressed to the church at Corinth but also to everyone in every place who call on the name of the Lord Jesus:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

So this letter is addressed to all who believe in the Lord Jesus in every place. And here is what Paul tells all of those believers:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Therefore, all of the epistles from Romans to Jude contain doctrine which is for those in the Body of Christ.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Of course you have been shown this verse many times and all you do is to pretend that there is no such thing as a "dispensation of the mystery":

"and to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery which for ages hath been hid in God who created all things" (Eph.3:9).​

Scripture twister.

Ephesians 3:9 KJV

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Lon

You are not Timothy either so you must believe that the doctrine found in 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy is not for you.
It is written to a pastor, so yes, I believe some of it gets very specific. Wouldn't I be presumptuous to drink a little wine for my stomach? Don't you read that too, understanding it was for Timothy? If so, don't you read it exactly the same? You 'can' argue with me, Jerry. I'm just not sure that you need to think you 'have' to do so.

It is only those who are in the Body of Christ who dwell in the very presence of God because only those in the Body have been raised up and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved); And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).
"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God" (Col.3:1).
Those to whom the book of Hebrews were addressed also had access to the heavenly sphere:
"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh" (Heb.10:19-20).
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Heb.4:16).​

You and I are 'both' American but that doesn't mean you are French. That means anytime "American" is mentioned you can pay attention, but when "French" is mentioned, you probably shouldn't (in this case "Hebrew"). I already said I understand your disagreement. I don't want to go too far down this particular road other than just explaining what I already said. I'm fine with leaving it there.

1 Corinthians was not just addressed to the church at Corinth but also to everyone in every place who call on the name of the Lord Jesus:
"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).
So this letter is addressed to all who believe in the Lord Jesus in every place. And here is what Paul tells all of those believers:
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are w
e all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).
Therefore, all of the epistles from Romans to Jude contain doctrine which is for those in the Body of Christ.
I think you 'can' say this concerning the uni-direction, like saying we are all Americans, but it doesn't necessarily follow that we all are "French" because of that or that what concerns the French concerns you too, at least after that same manner. However, I do agree with your statement just not exactly the same way. Again, I don't drink wine for my stomach, that was directly given to Timothy. And, I don't 'believe' I have Hebrew forefathers.

I don't believe the warning in Hebrews 6:4 applies to gentiles and see the application as indirect. As gentiles however, we can fall into a similar trap of rejecting Christ's sacrifice by 'trying to work/earn' salvation.

-Lon

nonanomanon

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved); And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

Satan as a whole body does not rise until the Gospel is completed. In the mean time, there are people being saved and they are counted with "Star Wormwood" sure. In some respects the Holy Spirit is simply an arm of the Holy Ghost, but they are not the same, and their conclusions are not the same, that is heaven or the new universe.

NEHEMIAH 8:3 And he read therein before the street that [was] before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people [were attentive] unto the book of the law.
NEHEMIAH 8:4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, [and] Meshullam.
NEHEMIAH 8:5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

Having your blood turned into water is a description of salvation. "Shem" specifically is a name that can mean "passover". So when the "Book of the Law" is opened, "the people will be resurrected". .................. The book of revelation talks about a book of the lamb being opened that is heavenly salvation, but it also talks about a "little book being opened", or a lesser book, that would have to be a description of having your "Blood turned into Water".

HEBREWS 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
HEBREWS 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
HEBREWS 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Which of the Angels did God tell sit at my right hand until I defeat your enemies? The Answer is Satan. God tells Satan in the Book of Revelation, that the devil is driven from the women, that has warred with the saints in attempting to keep the commandments of Jesus. ................ We have a second reference to Satan ............. remember "Jesus is the Ministering Spirit in his Gospel, he is the voice of the Saints", Jesus is an individual .............. Satan on the other hand is a multitude, and Hebrews 1:14 says, all of these many people are "ministering spirits", that are going to obtain the salvation (the "vesture" or new clothing).

The book of Hebrews really begins to make declarations about Satan being caught up with God and the Saints. For this reason, "Benjamin and Joseph" are often paired together, "Joseph being the Blessing". God puts them together until the inheritances of Satan are articulated in the New Universe. By all means, the Jewish people claim in the book of Hebrews that they are the first portions of Satan that are caught up with God as the Bride of Jesus, and then God pulls the rest of Satan into heaven, to complete the judgment, at the end of time.

(There are descriptions in the New Testament ... "no man", "son of perdition", as well as the Old Testament, "sodom", and "amalek" ........ these are simply other names for the devil, the portion of souls/people that have no satisfaction as inheritors in the covenant. Revelation simply calls these the "devil". .............. in this instance the tone is singular because "having no value is singular" ......... the gospel sees them all the same. ........ Similarly the "Body of Benjamin" or heavenly salvation is singular ............... where as satan is plural because the Holy Spirit deals with a multitude, the "Body of Benjamin" is not seen, but diversities in the judgment ............... the statement "Body of Christ" as the Gospel's Program, includes Satan and the Saints, at least momentarily. Because the judgment is completed when the Tribes are all unified and given to Star Wormwood, as a parable)

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
More Dispensational looniness.

Now you guys have to have a "secret resurrection" before the "first resurrection" in order for Darby's rapture to work out.

A secret parenthetical dispensation with a secret resurrection.......Dispensationalism is really a mess !!!!

Like this satanic, Preterist "looniness," punk, which you lied about? The Roman army, sweetie, is "the second time," the second coming?:

"Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe
You believe that,
Christ returned in 70AD in the form of the Roman army."

Tettie's response:"STP tells the lie, and you guys perpetuate the lie"

Habitual liar...

Vs.

"Tet: "The LORD Jesus Christ returned in the form of a Roman Army." "-STP

"Never said that."-Tet.

That is your MO/"ministry" on TOL-habitual lying.

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD via the Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Clown. Satanic punk.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's right.

He still refuses to answer where Paul got the notion Jesus said it is more blessed to give than receive.

What's really sad is, he instead posted a bunch of verses with no understanding behind them.

My post, with scripture, after scripture, vs. the above spam, "opinion, Jeff? That's your best shot?

Have a seat, junkie. You're not in my class.

john w

Hall of Fame

(Acts 8:3) But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

If they sold the houses they lived in, then why later did Saul go "house to house" to find these people?

(Acts 9:11) The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Still later, Peter stayed at the house of Simon of Joppa, who was a believer. Simon's house was by the sea:

Still later, after Peter escaped from jail, Peter stayed at Mary the mother of John's house:

(Acts 12:12) When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying.

I could go on and on. Lydia's house is found in Acts 16:15, Jason's house is in 17:15, Aquila and Priscilla's house is in 18:1-3, Titus has a house in 18:11, Philip has a house in 21:8, and Mnason has a house in 21:16.

Also, MAD claims Paul was the first member in the BOC. Even though Paul tells us Aquilla and Priscilla were in Christ before him, MAD claims Aquilla and Priscilla were not in the BOC.

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

Do it, Craigie.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's right.

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

Do it, Jeff.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's right.

"Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee." Mark 10:28 KJV

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee." Luke 18:28 KJV

Do it, Jeff.

john w

Hall of Fame

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Do it, Craigie. Send us your 401(k) $'s. Oh yes, you don't work.

Don't you believe the bible, Craigie? We learned that from you, clown.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's right.

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Do it, Jeff. And sell all your pot, and give it to others, as needed.

john w

Hall of Fame

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Do it, Craigie.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's right.

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Do it, Jeff. Communism, Spicoli.

I thought so, fraud.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Do it, Jeff. Communism, Spicoli.

I thought so, fraud.

Yer the fraud, bud.

Answer the question.

All yer doin' is runnin' scared when I backed you into a corner.

Runnin' through all yer baseless rhetoric saying nothing and lookin' for support from yer cronies.

Got a little to close for comfort there, hunh big boy?;)

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Tettie's response:"STP tells the lie, and you guys perpetuate the lie"

Yes, we all know Tet believes the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ was a Roman army destroying Jerusalem.

Why is he playing games about it?

Jerry Shugart

I don't believe the warning in Hebrews 6:4 applies to gentiles and see the application as indirect. As gentiles however, we can fall into a similar trap of rejecting Christ's sacrifice by 'trying to work/earn' salvation.

I think that you are missing the point of this thread. So let me start by asking you a couple of questions. Can you see that 1 Corinthians is addressed to all believers in every place?:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

Matthew Henry wrote:

"In conjunction with the church at Corinth, he directs the epistle 'to all that in every place call on the name of Christ Jesus our Lord, both theirs and ours' " (Matthew Henry, Commentary at 1 Corinthians 1:2).​

Do you agree that the doctrine found in 1 Corinthians applies to every believer on the earth?

If your answer is "no" then explain why you do not believe that Paul's words at 1 Corinthians 1:2 do not include every true believer in the world. If your answer is "yes" then do you agree that every believer on the earth are members of the Body of Christ, especially since these words from the same epistle are directed to all the believers on the earth?:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Again, if your answer is "yes" then can you understand that all the epistles, beginning at Romans and continuing through Jude, are all addressed to members of the Body of Christ?