The Hebrew Epistles: Where Do They Fit?

Jerry Shugart

There are some people on this forum who deny that the doctrine found in the Hebrew Epistles are for those in the Body of Christ.

But were not all the believers who received those epistles in the Body? Let us determine to whom 1 Corinthians was addressed. Paul wrote:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so Paul's words in this epistle applies to them. And here is what he told every Israelite believer in every place:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

There can be no doubt whatsoever that all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus in every place must include all of the believers among the Israelites so they were told that they were baptized into the Body of Christ.

Perhaps there is at least one person among those who deny that the Hebrew epistles contain doctrine for the Body of Christ will address these two verses from 1 Corinthians?

Last edited:

Interplanner

Never heard the expression or category before in 40 years of study. Not even that the namesake letter was only for them. I did notice of course that D'ist people had an extremely hard time handling it. Why would anyone think the Johns were just for them?

Once again, it shows how much steam is headed up on the most baseless of ideas and scotch-taped onto the Bible.

Interplanner

OK, that I've heard, but thought it as due to lack of 'responding to a situation' which made no sense about any of them (the appeal in Hebrews to believe during that generation; the antichrist spirits in Johns; the perverts in Jude). So I forgot about the designation as someone's amateur attempt.

nonanomanon

There are some people on this forum who deny that the doctrine found in the Hebrew Epistles are for those in the Body of Christ.

But were not all the believers who received those epistles in the Body? Let us determine to whom 1 Corinthians was addressed. Paul wrote:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

When the Tribe of Ephraim had the "Head of the Priesthood" title, the Hebrews were of one body with Christ, since Christ has a covenant with them for them to record the gospel, and they were still recording the gospel then. To further signify this, the name of the "Lord" was removed from the Book of Esther, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Solomon. (Because the Antichrist's reign has already began, the Tribe of Joseph holds this title, not that Joseph is a priesthood tribe, God does not want to give the tribe of benjamin this title since its already used for heavenly salvation .......... God has not directly acted on Joseph holding this title, so that Aaron could finish its conviction as the technical "Head of the Priesthood", until the "Two Witnesses are slain.)

EPHESIANS 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;
EPHESIANS 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

The name of the lord is removed from 1John and from 3John, to signify the uniting of the "Body of Benjamin", when the Heavenly Salvation program is completed, when the "3 Days of Darkness" begins, and the Tribe of Benjamin is separated from the Tribe of Joseph. (So this does indicate the Tribe of Joseph holding the "Head of the Priesthood Title", for the "3 Days of Darkness" .......... before Star Wormwood takes the Tribes, and invalidates this previous argument in the gospel ............. Judah doesn't receive the title of Head of the Priesthood)

All of the Jewish believers living in the first century did indeed call on the name of Jesus Christ so Paul's words in this epistle applies to them. And here is what he told every Israelite believer in every place:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

The Tribe of Judah would be baptized by having the Jewish People gathered there. This fulfills the Jewish people's population as a marker for the "Heart of Judah" or Zion, to satisfy the Separatist Inheritance* of Judah. (The Jewish People were untied with the Body of Christ in the Old Testament since David, and this lasted until Peter was Baptized .............. in the New Testament, the Jewish people are united with the body of Judah ............. a few statement made about this in this discussion, Article Link).

Jerry Shugart

When the Tribe of Ephraim had the "Head of the Priesthood" title, the Hebrews were of one body with Christ, since Christ has a covenant with them for them to record the gospel, and they were still recording the gospel then.

The Body of Christ did not even exist back then.

RevTestament

There can be no doubt whatsoever that all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus in every place must include all of the believers among the Israelites so they were told that they were baptized into the Body of Christ.

Perhaps there is at least one person among those who deny that the Hebrew epistles contain doctrine for the Body of Christ will address these two verses from 1 Corinthians?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, or who you allege discounts Hebrews. This I know - Hebrews is quite important and is inspired. It teaches some of the most important principles of the oracles of God. People who understand it may truly be blessed. It contains "secrets" the general church ie Gentiles, have lost.

Jerry Shugart

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, or who you allege discounts Hebrews. This I know - Hebrews is quite important and is inspired. It teaches some of the most important principles of the oracles of God. People who understand it may truly be blessed. It contains "secrets" the general church ie Gentiles, have lost.

Just like I said, there are some on this forum who say that the doctrine contained in the Hebrew epistles (or the General Epistles) are not for those in the Body of Christ.

They say that the doctrine found in these epistles are for "kingdom saints," the Israelites who will be living at the time when the earthly kingdom will be ushered in.

Notice that none of those who teach that have attempted to defend their ideas on this thread. Their silence speaks volumes.

Danoh

Jerry not only well knows that he has posted this - "Mid-Acts issue" - on the wrong forum for its exploration, together with the four or five other issues he has been vomiting up for several decades now, but also; that he has no real interest in actually exploring them afresh.

Interplanner

Just like I said, there are some on this forum who say that the doctrine contained in the Hebrew epistles (or the General Epistles) are not for those in the Body of Christ.

They say that the doctrine found in these epistles are for "kingdom saints," the Israelites who will be living at the time when the earthly kingdom will be ushered in.

Notice that none of those who teach that have attempted to defend their ideas on this thread. Their silence speaks volumes.

That's 2P2P. It is not in the NT. It is a cancer attacking it from outside.

CherubRam

God is not a multiple, He is a single living being, and Holy Spirit is one of His many name titles.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be ONE as we are one.

RevTestament

Then let me be a "kingdom saint" by all means!!! And let me be found doing the work of Christ when He comes and His kingdom is built!

Matthew 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry not only well knows that he has posted this - "Mid-Acts issue" - on the wrong forum for its exploration, together with the four or five other issues he has been vomiting up for several decades now, but also; that he has no real interest in actually exploring them afresh.

I am trying my best to give you and your fellow Neo-MADists a chance to address the verses which I quoted from 1 Corinthians.

Of course one of the giants of MAD, J.C. O'Hair, had the following to say about your teaching as well as the teaching within the Neo-MAD camp:

"Peter and James and ten other apostles are going to sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:27 and 28). But I do not agree with Christians who say that the twelve apostles were not members of the Body of Christ...I make no such foolish statement...that these Epistles of Peter and James are not for this age...I use 1 Peter 3:18 in preaching the gospel of grace as frequently as I use any other verse" [emphasis mine] (O'Hair, The Accuser of the Brethren and the Brethren Concerning Bullingerism).​

Why would you object to me starting a thread on this subject here? Are you ashamed of your beliefs? Why have you not even attempted to answer what I said about the two verses which I quoted from 1 Corinthians?

Jerry Shugart

Then let me be a "kingdom saint" by all means!!! And let me be found doing the work of Christ when He comes and His kingdom is built!

They teach that you can be only one or the other.

But they fail to understand that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that those in the Body will be with Him:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

According to their ideas those in the Body of Christ will remain in heaven when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth!

Danoh

I am trying my best to give you and your fellow Neo-MADists a chance to address the verses which I quoted from 1 Corinthians.

Of course one of the giants of MAD, J.C. O'Hair, had the following to say about your teaching as well as the teaching within the Neo-MAD camp:

"Peter and James and ten other apostles are going to sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:27 and 28). But I do not agree with Christians who say that the twelve apostles were not members of the Body of Christ...I make no such foolish statement...that these Epistles of Peter and James are not for this age...I use 1 Peter 3:18 in preaching the gospel of grace as frequently as I use any other verse" [emphasis mine] (O'Hair, The Accuser of the Brethren and the Brethren Concerning Bullingerism).​

Why would you object to me starting a thread on this subject here? Are you ashamed of your beliefs? Why have you not even attempted to answer what I said about the two verses which I quoted from 1 Corinthians?

Why?

What decades have proven as to your actual agenda...

Matthew 11's:

16. But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
17. And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
18. For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19. The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

john w

Hall of Fame
There can be no doubt whatsoever that all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus in every place must include all of the believers among the Israelites so they were told that they were baptized into the Body of Christ....Notice that none of those who teach that have attempted to defend their ideas on this thread. Their silence speaks volumes.

Never trust a drone, such as Jerry S., who is always right, that finds it necessary to include in their argument:

"There can be no doubt whatsoever....none...have attempted to defend ....silence speaks volume..."

Translated: Their is doubt, and he is just blowing hot air, with these kindergarten cliches.

Kindly provide us chapter, verse, that requires us to answer all questions posed, especially those, that have an unteacheable "spirit," such as yourself.