The Gospel That Makes All Religions Worthless

glorydaz

Your old man is still in you and will be in you until the day that you die. Paul struggled with sin, see Romans 7:13-25. And we will also struggle with sin because we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. GT doesn't struggle with sin because she is not indwelt with the Holy Spirit. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit are waring against their Adamic nature just like Paul.

So you think Paul was carnal, sold under sin? Romans 7:14

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.​
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.​

So you think Paul could not do the good that he wanted? Romans 7:19 Phil. 4:13

What he hated, that he did? Romans 7:15

That how to perform the good, he found not? Romans 7:18

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​

That he practiced evil? Romans 7:19

"Oh wretched man..." Really? We have PEACE...we "stand and rejoice". Doesn't sound like a wretched man grovelling in his inability to me.

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.​

Danoh

See the wiggle room he leaves himself?:devil:

No, o clueless one, I was merely pointing out I understood where SHE was coming from.

But you have an issue with me as a result of my having called out you and your pal's hypocrisy.

As a result, you cannot but read my being up to no good in any of my posts now.

Gospel of the Grace of God my foot; you're a hypocrite.

Plain and simple.

Fact of the matter- I do not play favorites.

Rom. 5:8

glorydaz

No, o clueless one, I was merely pointing out I understood where SHE was coming from.

But you have an issue with me as a result of my having called out you and your pal's hypocrisy.

As a result, you cannot but read my being up to no good in any of my posts now.

Gospel of the Grace of God my foot; you're a hypocrite.

Plain and simple.

Fact of the matter- I do not play favorites.

Poor Danoh.....he thinks he sees so clearly.

Put the lid down when you leave, Danny boy. :comeout:

Robert Pate

Banned
So you think Paul was carnal, sold under sin? Romans 7:14

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.​
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.​

So you think Paul could not do the good that he wanted? Romans 7:19 Phil. 4:13

What he hated, that he did? Romans 7:15

That how to perform the good, he found not? Romans 7:18

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​

That he practiced evil? Romans 7:19

"Oh wretched man..." Really? We have PEACE...we "stand and rejoice". Doesn't sound like a wretched man grovelling in his inability to me.

Romans 5:1-2
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.​

The Christian life is a struggle. We have, but we have not. This is what Paul is saying. We are all wretched men because we are still in these Adamic bodies that are prone to sin. But we know and look forward to the day when we will be like him and see him as he is. I believe all of Romans 7. The victorious Christian life has already been lived. It was lived for me in my name and on my behalf. It is really my life and is the only life that God accepts.

musterion

The Christian life is a struggle.

I hear what you're saying but that's where I disagree. If we realize and believe ALL has been done in Christ, it's a life not of struggle but of rest in Him by faith. His strength becomes ours as we renew the mind of the new man, and the struggle with flesh takes care of itself. Can we still fail by giving in to the old man and his lusts? Yes. Do we have to? Is it inevitable? No.

Robert Pate

Banned
I hear what you're saying but that's where I disagree. If we realize and believe ALL has been done in Christ, it's a life not of struggle but of rest in Him by faith. His strength becomes ours as we renew the mind of the new man, and the struggle with flesh takes care of itself. Can we still fail by giving in to the old man and his lusts? Yes. Do we have to? Is it inevitable? No.

We have, but we have not. This is why, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" and not by rules, laws, or religion. The Christian can boast about his new life in Christ, but when the roof falls in and trials and tribulations come and there is nothing left except faith. It is then that the reality of life as a Christian can become a wake up call.

Danoh

Musterion didn't think it was clear, and Danoh proved he thought it was clear.

Not only that, but built into what I laid out towards proving your post was clear as is - built into that is the very pattern of studying a thing out that "reason of use" so easily allowed me to get your intended meaning, to begin with.

Of course, wanting to know objectively what any writer is actually talking about - absent of bias, including the bias animosity - makes it much easier to see what one or another writer had actually meant.

Makes it much easier to practice the principle of "things that differ" and it's companion principles.

That was all I did, GT.

It's pattern is evident in that post.

Clear...as..day.

One would think any supposedly "seasoned" MAD would have seen that, automatically.

Simply due to Hebrews 5 principle that another principle - the principle of "things that differ" (Rom. 2:18) ends up becoming "by reason of use."

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Acts 17:11, 12.

God's Truth

Not only that, but built into what I laid out towards proving your post was clear as is - built into that is the very pattern of studying a thing out that "reason of use" so easily allowed me to get your intended meaning, to begin with.

Of course, wanting to know objectively what any writer is actually talking about - absent of bias, including the bias animosity - makes it much easier to see what one or another writer had actually meant.

Makes it much easier to practice the principle of "things that differ" and it's companion principles.

That was all I did, GT.

It's pattern is evident in that post.

Clear...as..day.

One would think any supposedly "seasoned" MAD would have seen that, automatically.

Simply due to Hebrews 5 principle that another principle - the principle of "things that differ" (Rom. 2:18) ends up becoming "by reason of use."

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Acts 17:11, 12.

What you did was right and good, this time. lol You are in a debate group and saw someone speak error, and you spoke up and then proved yourself.

I am so glad you did that.

Danoh

I made an observation about a possibility, hence my sentence beginning with "Or..." I didn't say it was a fact. Stop being spiteful.

Were it spite, I would not have bothered to track down that Bob Hill book you mentioned elsewhere and posted my finding it was still available to you.

Your "spite" conclusion is nothing more than one more example of your obvious reading into a thing.

Fact is that neither you, nor I, are the issue, but in your own mind(s).

Christ alone...is the issue.

At some point, you're simply going to have to actually allow Him to be the issue much more than your rhetoric.

Acts 17:11,12

musterion

Were it spite, I would not have bothered to track down that Bob Hill book you mentioned elsewhere and posted my finding it was still available to you.

Was the original comment, wondered aloud if it might be spite, directed at me? As I recall, no.

You've had a rough couple of days in more than one thread. Need a break perhaps?

Danoh

Was the original comment, wondered aloud if it might be spite, directed at me? As I recall, no.

You've had a rough couple of days in more than one thread. Need a break perhaps?

At some point you're just going to have begin to see your perspective on such things, for what it too often is - the wisdom of this world.

Unless Romans 5 is a lie and tribulation does not work patience over time, to where not much phases the Believer who has long since learned to automatically rest in the "strong meat" of Rom. 5 - "by reason of use" Heb. 5:14.

During one of the roughest times I have ever had in my life, I turned to, and remained focused in Romans 5.

Romans 5's intended perspective became automatic, as a result.

And that was that - on an actually very rough time in my life.

A few strangers on a forum?

Not even on the radar, beyond addressing their assertions.

And I long ago found out the uncertainty of professed friendships, as I began to leave the secular world behind.

So, again, I've yet to experience "a rough few days" on this forum.

The dynamic within this stability?

The operating principle?

What, in light of the following, can phase any Believer who "by reason of use" has long since arrived at a point wherein the following is an automatic joy as a focus, when ANY tribulation comes?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Tribulation?

An explosion going off behind the Believer, as he walks on calmly and confidently in his "knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

That love of God The Spirit through The Scripture studied out on the things of God, so wonderously lays out - how that "when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. "

And GD, you don't need to go right on in your fleshly mind's desire to lead you to see things in others from your old nature's fallen perspective, not only so clearly still your too often automatic perspective, but one you are just as clearly still so blind to.

Your eternal loss, sis.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Acts 17:11,12