The Gospel That Makes All Religions Worthless

Danoh

Don't you care that only you and your elk believe that? Don't you care what God thinks?

It's called projection.

But the likes of such an individual are often so deeply entrenched in their way that it feels right to them.

It is a dynamic we each ought to strive to be careful to examine in our selves.

Or as the Apostle Paul (who was personally very familiar with such ignorance) might have noted - nothing knew in Corinthianism...

2 Corinthians 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

musterion

Don't you care that only you and your elk believe that? Don't you care what God thinks?

Did you just call us elk? :sibbie:

I take great offense at that. Glory is much more of a graceful impala, leaping nimbly across the vast savannic expanse that is TOL, while I am a baboon. There, I said it, but a baboon not to be trifled with.

But I am NOT an elk. I've never joined any secret lodges.

God's Truth

Did you just call us elk? :sibbie:

I take great offense at that. Glory is much more of a graceful impala, leaping nimbly across the vast savannic expanse that is TOL, while I am a baboon. There, I said it, but a baboon not to be trifled with.

But I am NOT an elk. I've never joined any secret lodges.

Hahahahaha

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Glory is much more of a graceful impala,
Road trip for the ladies!

1958_Chevrolet-Impala.jpg

God's Truth

It's called projection.

But the likes of such an individual are often so deeply entrenched in their way that it feels right to them.

It is a dynamic we each ought to strive to be careful to examine in our selves.

Or as the Apostle Paul (who was personally very familiar with such ignorance) might have noted - nothing knew in Corinthianism...

2 Corinthians 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

The way I understand the scriptures you posted are if one has to examine themselves then they are not living through the Spirit, they are not being right.

A person who lives through the Spirit is obeying Jesus' teachings, for that is how we live through the Spirit, by obeying his teachings. Everything that a person living through the Spirit does is they do everything with love.

Robert Pate

Banned
The way I understand the scriptures you posted are if one has to examine themselves then they are not living through the Spirit, they are not being right.

A person who lives through the Spirit is obeying Jesus' teachings, for that is how we live through the Spirit, by obeying his teachings. Everything that a person living through the Spirit does is they do everything with love.

What you have described is not living in the Spirit, it is living according to the law. Those that are living by Spirit are resting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. They believe that they are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. They believe that in Jesus Christ they have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

musterion

The whole point of "examine yourselves" was in the context of people doubting Paul's apostleship, which would throw his Gospel into doubt. His point was, if he was fake then his Gospel, which they believed, was fake, so their salvation was fake. GT turns it into a work standard, but then so does most of Christendom.

God's Truth

The whole point of "examine yourselves" was in the context of people doubting Paul's apostleship, which would throw his Gospel into doubt. His point was, if he was fake then his Gospel, which they believed, was fake, so their salvation was fake. GT turns it into a work standard, but then so does most of Christendom.

You have so much confusion.

That is not what that scripture means.

If Paul was a sinner, it does not mean what he taught was wrong.

HOWEVER, Paul made sure he did not sin while he preached the gospel.

God's Truth

What you have described is not living in the Spirit, it is living according to the law. Those that are living by Spirit are resting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. They believe that they are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. They believe that in Jesus Christ they have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

If you have to examine yourself to see whether or not you are in the Spirit, then you probably are not.

You brought in the old law because you go against the new law, the New Covenant, which Paul is a minister.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you have to examine yourself to see whether or not you are in the Spirit, then you probably are not.

You brought in the old law because you go against the new law, the New Covenant, which Paul is a minister.

You are not "In Christ". If you were, you would be resting in him, Hebrews 4:10. You have not entered into his rest, instead you are striving to be good enough to be saved.

God's Truth

You are not "In Christ". If you were, you would be resting in him, Hebrews 4:10. You have not entered into his rest, instead you are striving to be good enough to be saved.

Resting in him does not mean no longer obeying God. Can it get any more ignorant than that?

Robert Pate

Banned
Resting in him does not mean no longer obeying God. Can it get any more ignorant than that?

Works of the law include keeping the law. You believe that you are keeping the law.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law (your obedience) there shall no flesh (you) be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The law says that you are a sinner. You say that is not true, because I keep the law. Someone is lying, it is not the Bible.

God's Truth

Works of the law include keeping the law. You believe that you are keeping the law.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law (your obedience) there shall no flesh (you) be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The law says that you are a sinner. You say that is not true, because I keep the law. Someone is lying, it is not the Bible.

Jesus gave us the rules for the new law.

God's Truth

There are no laws for Christians, because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Here is who the law is for, 1 Timothy 1:9.10. If the shoe fits then wear it.

You misunderstand Paul.

You tried to use Romans 1:17 to speak against obeying Jesus' teachings.

Here is Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

See how Paul is speaking about having faith and living by faith, but you turn that faith into disobedience.

Paul says have faith in the gospel and what Jesus says, the new law, the law that requires faith.

Faith in what? What does the gospel say? The gospel says that Jesus died for us and his blood washes us clean of the sins we repent of doing. Nowhere anywhere is Paul saying we do not have to obey.

By faith in Jesus' blood versus getting an animal for its blood, as the old law tells us to do.

You also misused 1 Timothy 1:9-10.

Look at the scripture just before the ones you posted.

Look at 1 Timothy 1:8.

1 Timothy 1:8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

The scriptures say THE LAW IS GOOD if one uses it correctly.
You go against the law all around.
You misuse the law for your false doctrines.
Christians uphold the law, not put it down and condemn others with it, as you do.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Now where did you go wrong in your understanding?
You need to study and search that out more, because Paul does NOT contradict himself; AND, true saved do NOT ignore scripture, so forget about ignoring 1 Timothy 1:8 and Romans 3:31.

The law was made for sinners, and we all have sinned. Living by faith means you repent of sins and have those sins washed away and you become born again, a new person without the old sins.

Robert Pate

Banned
You misunderstand Paul.

You tried to use Romans 1:17 to speak against obeying Jesus' teachings.

Here is Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

See how Paul is speaking about having faith and living by faith, but you turn that faith into disobedience.

Paul says have faith in the gospel and what Jesus says, the new law, the law that requires faith.

Faith in what? What does the gospel say? The gospel says that Jesus died for us and his blood washes us clean of the sins we repent of doing. Nowhere anywhere is Paul saying we do not have to obey.

By faith in Jesus' blood versus getting an animal for its blood, as the old law tells us to do.

You also misused 1 Timothy 1:9-10.

Look at the scripture just before the ones you posted.

Look at 1 Timothy 1:8.

1 Timothy 1:8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

The scriptures say THE LAW IS GOOD if one uses it correctly.
You go against the law all around.
You misuse the law for your false doctrines.
Christians uphold the law, not put it down and condemn others with it, as you do.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Now where did you go wrong in your understanding?
You need to study and search that out more, because Paul does NOT contradict himself; AND, true saved do NOT ignore scripture, so forget about ignoring 1 Timothy 1:8 and Romans 3:31.

The law was made for sinners, and we all have sinned. Living by faith means you repent of sins and have those sins washed away and you become born again, a new person without the old sins.

You are trying to bring THE NOT YET INTO THE NOW this is a very common practice with those that practice a holiness theology. We are not yet sanctified (made righteous) the reason for this is because we are still occupying our Adamic bodies that are sinful. If you were as holy as you think that you are you would be in heaven. You apparently have not arrived yet, so, why don't you just accept the fact that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

God's Truth

You are trying to bring THE NOT YET INTO THE NOW this is a very common practice with those that practice a holiness theology. We are not yet sanctified (made righteous) the reason for this is because we are still occupying our Adamic bodies that are sinful. If you were as holy as you think that you are you would be in heaven. You apparently have not arrived yet, so, why don't you just accept the fact that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

Notice you just ignored all the scriptures I gave that say we do not nullify the law we uphold it.

Notice that you ignore all the scriptures that say Jesus' blood sanctifies us.