The GOOD news is God's power unto salvation

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I never asserted that Paul, all at once, preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-progressive revelation.

You deceitfully changed the subject/argument of yours-you assert that there is only one piece of good news in the book. You made that up, and thus, have to assert that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, along with the 11, prior to the occurrence of the DBR. The 11 never preached the good news that "Christ will die for your sins...be buried...be raised for your justification...Believe it to be saved!!"at least prior to its occurrence. You can't show it.

On record-you assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. Satanic.

Now you are agreeing with me, that we do not need to hear the full message in one go in order to be saved. Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ will save us.

He therefore is the good news, from Genesis to Revelations.

I completely agree that Peter and the others did not preach or even understand the dbr until Pentecost. Nor did they even then understand it like what they should have done. But the dispensation was in place from the cross onwards.

Paul was given the fullest revelation of it and especially how it relates to the Gentiles. THAT we agree

john w

Hall of Fame
Now you are agreeing with me, that we do not need to hear the full message in one go in order to be saved. Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ will save us.

No, I'm not. That's satanic. With the full revelation of the scripture, as revealed to Paul, from the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven" you certainly must, in this dispensation, believe the good news that "Christ died for our sins...was buried...was raised again for our justification."

You made up that you just must "Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ," for that is fuzzy, and was the past content of faith. The 12(eventually) knew more than the prophets, who knew more than those that preceded them, ..............=progressive revelation.

If you deny this biblical principle, you need to go back and bury your head in the book, and stop posting.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, I'm not. That's satanic. With the full revelation of the scripture, as revealed to Paul, from the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven" you certainly must, in this dispensation, believe the good news that "Christ died for our sins...was buried...was raised again for our justification."

You made up that you just must "Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ," for that is fuzzy, and was the past content of faith. The 12(eventually) knew more than the prophets, who knew more than those that preceded them, ..............=progressive revelation.

If you deny this biblical principle, you need to go back and bury your head in the book, and stop posting.

Never the less we see that Paul's message to the Jailer is "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

john w

Hall of Fame
He therefore is the good news, from Genesis to Revelations.

"The good news is the same throughout the whole bible dearest john, acknowledged apostle of humility.....s all the same"-you

You cannot "divorce" the "person" of the Lord Jesus Christ, from what He did/does-that is a false dichotomy on your part.

Matthew-John is focused primarily on who He is, while Romans-Philemon, tells us, in this dispensation, what He did/does, i.e., the doctrinal significance, in light of Matthew-John.

You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz. There is plenty of good news, and we must, through the study of details, since the bible is a book of details, pay attention to them, and, specfically, what particular "good news"/gospel is being discussed..

I do pay attention to details. You do not. My evidence? Your posts.

I completely agree that Peter and the others did not preach or even understand the dbr until Pentecost. Nor did they even then understand it like what they should have done. But the dispensation was in place from the cross onwards.

Paul was given the fullest revelation of it and especially how it relates to the Gentiles. THAT we agree.

Then stop spamming that "one piece of good news in the book" jazz, and that the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV is equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom"-it is not.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There is an underlying theological argument here and it is the one that asserts that all salvation begins with a work of the Holy Ghost in the soul.

He brings our spirits ALIVE by the power of the gospel and that leads to our believing and being saved.

That is another hot dispute but if you believe it as I do then you easily understand how simply believing on the Lord Jesus saves.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"The good news is the same throughout the whole bible dearest john, acknowledged apostle of humility.....s all the same"-you

You cannot "divorce" the "person" of the Lord Jesus Christ, from what He did/does-that is a false dichotomy on your part.

Matthew-John is focused primarily on who He is, while Romans-Philemon, tells us, in this dispensation, what He did/does, i.e., the doctrinal significance, in light of Matthew-John.

You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz. There is plenty of good news, and we must, through the study of details, since the bible is a book of details, pay attention to them.

I do, You do not. My evidence? Your posts.

Then stop spamming that "one piece of good news in the book" jazz, and that the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV is equivalent to "the gospel of the kingdom"-it is not.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You can't divorce His Person from what He does amen...therefore believing on Him is the essential part and what He does to save is comprehended in our believing on Him....

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is no point in me adding to Angel's posts...you just too stubborn.

When the crowd came they said to the woman "now we believe not for your saying but we have heard Him ourselves and know for sure that this is the Christ the Saviour of the world"

That is the gospel.
That is not the gospel of Christ

IMJerusha

The gospel that is the power of God unto salvation is not just "Jesus Christ". The gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth is called the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16 KJV). Isn't it interesting how "Totty" left that part out. The gospel of Christ is the WHAT of the cross! What did Christ do for us? Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day. That is the "good news"! IT is the good news of Christ/the gospel of Christ that Paul declares in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is the gospel (Paul's my gospel) by which we are saved! It was a mystery before given by revelation of Jesus Christ to Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

We're to consider what Paul says and the Lord give us understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:7 KJV) remembering that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead according to Paul's my gospel (2 Timothy 2:8 KJV meaning Christ was not raised from the dead concerning us to sit on David's throne as Peter preached to Israel (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:30 KJV), but for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV) as Paul preached.

Things that are different are not the same. There is more than one gospel in the Bible and not all are the power of God to save you. The Lord will judge you according to Paul's gospel (Romans 2:16 KJV). You're either saved by it or not saved at all.

There is only One Gospel message. You've glommed onto this Paul's "my gospel" as if it were something different. The fact is that from the beginning the Gospel of Yeshua has been; it is from Genesis on forward. Nothing that Yeshua told Paul is different from what Yeshua preached on earth. What is scary and yes, I mean scary, is that you have divided Yeshua and believe you are right in doing so and others who believe in Yeshua's words are at a total loss. There is absolutely no way that could be true. Yeshua stated that we are either for Him or against Him, not for Him after Him through Paul. Yeshua can not be divided against the Body. Yes, we take the writings of Paul into consideration because Yeshua worked through Him but He also worked through every single one of the twelve and their words are to be considered as well in addition to the words of God through Moses and every prophet.

heir

TOL Subscriber
He preached the kingdom, Christ the Messiah. that is gospel.
The gospel of Christ is an IT. You shouldn't call the Lord an IT.

bold my emphasis

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The gospel of Christ is an IT. You shouldn't call the Lord an IT.

bold my emphasis

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Your too lazy to study scripture...you need to be spoonfed

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

You made up this "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" jazz. There is plenty of good news, and we must, through the study of details, since the bible is a book of details, pay attention to them, and, specfically, what particular "good news"/gospel is being discussed..

I do pay attention to details. You do not. My evidence? Your posts.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Do you equate the kingdom of God with only the earthly kingdom?

I believe in the earthly kingdom, but there is the heavenly part too.

Our real point of difference is whereas you see ALL the Jews in the earthly part I see the church Jews in the heavenly part and we Gentiles brought in with them.

The earthly part will be ethnic Israel not church Israel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is only One Gospel message.
Presently, yes.
You've glommed onto this Paul's "my gospel" as if it were something different.
It wouldn't be called Paul's "my gospel" if it were the same as every one else's.
The fact is that from the beginning the Gospel of Yeshua has been; it is from Genesis on forward.
It was kept secret since the world began, but now (then) was made manifest,...

bold my emphasis

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Nothing that Yeshua told Paul is different from what Yeshua preached on earth.
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. But now, baby!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Paul was the first Jesus Christ would shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. You don't believe that either.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

What is scary and yes, I mean scary, is that you have divided Yeshua and believe you are right in doing so and others who believe in Yeshua's words are at a total loss.
I'm rightly dividing the word of truth. Where's yours to rightly divide?
There is absolutely no way that could be true. Yeshua stated that we are either for Him or against Him, not for Him after Him through Paul. Yeshua can not be divided against the Body.
I'm not the one dogging Paul who was given a dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles. I'm not ashamed of the Lord nor of His prisoner Paul. You're the one with the problem.

IMJerusha

Biblical cite of Judas preaching the good news. Judas was not saved, Christ even stated as much and stated the reason Judas was chosen was because he was a devil.

Jesus also said it would be better for him had he never been born. Pray tell why it would be better that a believer never be born?

All sin is of the devil. All sin betrays God. We can't put Judas on the devil pedestal and not put ourselves there too. Consider this prophecy and tell me if you think Yeshua would have chosen a devil (as you mean it) for a disciple. "Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me." Psalm 41:9

As for Biblical citation of Judas preaching the Good News, I would refer you to Matthew 10:1-7 "He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, preach this message: "The kingdom of heaven is near." ' " Is Yeshua not the Kingdom of Heaven realized? And as far as Judas not being saved, tell me how evil can cast out evil? Yeshua stated it could not be done.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

LOL

I study daily.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV If you had a word of truth, you could study too.

You've studied Scripture to its perversion; to suit a means with which to divide, not rightly, as no one who divides the Body of Yeshua is for Yeshua. Best be studying 2 Timothy 2:14 and put away your pride and boasting as it is not in Yeshua if you are dividing Him.

IMJerusha

Presently, yes. It wouldn't be called Paul's "my gospel" if it were the same as every one else's.It was kept secret since the world began, but now (then) was made manifest,...

Again, Paul's words do not intimate a different Gospel, only that he had accepted THE Gospel for his own.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Still not a different Gospel nor a different faith simply because Paul was making it known to Gentiles.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

This isn't about observing the Law for salvation. That can not be done any longer as Yeshua is the New Covenant and the Old has passed away.

Paul was the first Jesus Christ would shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. You don't believe that either.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Really, you KJVO'ers need to get out more. That's not saying what you want it to say, as though Paul was the first of many and there were no believers (Jew or Gentile) before him. "First" as the KJV has it, refers to him considering himself the chief of sinners, foremost of sinners. In other words he was owning his sin, describing himself as unworthy just as we all are.

I'm rightly dividing the word of truth.

You just keep telling yourself that.

Where's yours to rightly divide?

Genesis through Revelation just like yours but with the help of Ruach HaKodesh. You might wish to give Him a nod.

I'm not the one dogging Paul who was given a dispensation of the grace of God to us Gentiles.

I'm not dogging Paul either. I'm just not putting him up there with Yeshua. And the dispensation of Grace God gave Paul is the same as He gave to Adam and Eve and every one of us sinners, Jews and Gentiles alike. Try as you will, you can not divide the Body of Yeshua.

I'm not ashamed of the Lord nor of His prisoner Paul.

Nor am I ashamed of the Lord. Paul, however, is not on the same level as the Lord and he would be the first to say so. Oh, he did..."But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ." He counted himself no worse and no better than any of the Apostles. So why would you or anyone else?

You're the one with the problem.

Simplicity and purity of devotion to Yeshua is not a problem.