The GOOD news is God's power unto salvation

IMJerusha

I'm neither ashamed of my Lord nor of His prisoner Paul!

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

I know that Christ died for my sins, was buried and rose again the third day and that I am saved by trusting the Lord having believed that event took place.

I also know that Paul filled up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for Christ's body's sake.

You're a Christian. Nothing I've posted diminishes that or puts that in doubt contrary to some of the things you've posted to and about me.

IMJerusha

You don't even know what it means to rightly divide. You don't even know what the word of truth is! You think it's "Genesis through Revelation!

I know the meaning you and some others here have given it. Rightly dividing has nothing to do with identifying dispensations. Rightly dividing has nothing to do with the doctrines of men. Rightly dividing has to do with understanding Scripture with the wisdom of the Ruach.

:chuckle:

I don't find humor in the belittling, demeaning, lording over and division of the Body by any means.

There is nothing wrong with magnifying Paul's office (Romans 11:13 KJV).

Twisted, Sister. "I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?" Paul did not magnify himself to the level of Yeshua. Why do you?
bold my emphasis

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.[/QUOTE]

None of these verses brings one to the doctrine of division you espouse with the blessing of Yeshua.

IMJerusha

First you say the Lord Jesus Christ (which you refuse to utter) is the good news and now you say He is the NC. :kookoo:

He will make a NC with the house of Israel and the house of Judah (FUTURE) Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

That's not TO any of us in the Body of Christ!

Which I refuse to utter? What's your problem with me using the Hebrew? I choose to use that over the Greek. Get over it.

There is nothing kookoo about Yeshua's words, "This is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed in exchange for the many for the release of sins." I'm sorry if you don't believe that He is your Mashiach. I thought you were a Christian....at least that is what you claim. I took you at your word.

john w

Hall of Fame
]I know the meaning you and some others here have given it. Rightly dividing has nothing to do with identifying dispensations. Rightly dividing has nothing to do with the doctrines of men.

Wow! That "the doctrines of men" does it every time, spammer. That's "fluff," a "filler," as that does NADA for your "argument," nor does anything to refute the doctrines proposed by MADists/dispensationalists.

We laugh at the grade school approach of yours, with that cliche sound byte.

You teach "the doctrines of men."

See how that works, tike?
Rightly dividing has to do with understanding Scripture with the wisdom of the Ruach.

You made that up. No scripture says that. This fool thinks she is talking to her Aunt Sally, when she engages in a "debate"(loosely used here).

Please have a seat. Your beginning to bore us, with your kiddie games.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I know the meaning you and some others here have given it. Rightly dividing has nothing to do with identifying dispensations.

Correct.

"Rightly dividing" the Word of God, means to rightly interpret the Word of God, which requires depending upon letting Scripture interpret Scripture.

IOW's God the Holy Spirit will lead the sons of God into all Truth, according to the Word and Authority of Godly Truth, alone.

Sola Scriptura!

IMJerusha

John, if you want me to take anything you have to say seriously, you'll have to post with a modicum of accuracy concerning quote tags. That's a cheesy divergent.

john w

Hall of Fame
Which I refuse to utter? What's your problem with me using the Hebrew? I choose to use that over the Greek. Get over it.

There is nothing kookoo about Yeshua's words, "This is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed in exchange for the many for the release of sins." I'm sorry if you don't believe that He is your Mashiach. I thought you were a Christian....at least that is what you claim. I took you at your word.

Matthew 20:28 KJV
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

1 Timothy 2:6 KJV
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

IMJerry: It all says the same thing.

Fool-biblical illiterate.

And start talking in English, clown-we are not impressed.

IMJerusha

Correct.

"Rightly dividing" the Word of God, means to rightly interpret the Word of God, which requires depending upon letting Scripture interpret Scripture.

IOW's God the Holy Spirit will lead the sons of God into all Truth, according to the Word and Authority of Godly Truth, alone.

Sola Scriptura!

I don't know all the ins and outs of Sola Scriptura, the doctrine, but I do know that we are to test all spirits by Scripture and the leading of the Ruach Who will never lead against the Scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
John, if you want me to take anything you have to say seriously, you'll have to post with a modicum of accuracy concerning quote tags. That's a cheesy divergent.

Stuff your "accuracy of quote tags," loser. And who asserted that I wanted, or needed to take you seriously, toots? Most laugh at you on TOL, and your kindergarten "posts,: in contrast to me, a feared, and respected legend.

Clown.

IMJerusha

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

"For many" does not mean anything more than not all will believe. It doesn't mean He didn't give His life for all. Do you need to be elevated over others, John?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Stuff your "accuracy of quote tags," loser. And who asserted that I wanted, or needed to take you seriously, toots? Most laugh at you on TOL, and your kindergarten "posts,: in contrast to me, a feared, and respected legend.

Clown.

Yah, yah, yah . . . snort, grunt, drool . . .while you laugh, fool . . .

TOL CLOWN #1 = Johnny

:loser:

IMJerusha

Clown.

What, no smileys to go with your tirade?

john w

Hall of Fame
letting Scripture interpret Scripture.

Wow, wolf-ette!! We've never heard that zinger, "original" stock cliche before!!! So impressive.

Of course, all you SOF'ers just heard someone say that, and think, "It sounds good...It must be true, so I will post it, and everyone will think I know the bible, and am 'scholarly'."

That does NADA for your, anyone's argument. It's a sound byte, and no scripture says it. What? "Auto pilot" scripture, interpreting itself? Made up.

IMJerusha

Wow, wolf-ette!! We've never heard that zinger, "original" stock cliche before!!! So impressive.

Of course, all you SOF'ers just heard someone say that, and think, "It sounds good...It must be true, so I will post it, and everyone will think I know the bible, and am 'scholarly'."

That does NADA for your, anyone's argument. It's a sound byte, and no scripture says it. What? "Auto pilot" scripture, interpreting itself? Made up.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Do you expect the Ruach to lead us against God's Word? What do you test the spirits by, John, if not God's Word?

john w

Hall of Fame
"For many" does not mean anything more than not all will believe. It doesn't mean He didn't give His life for all. Do you need to be elevated over others, John?

Made up, as she asserts that the LORD God is a moron, like herself.

1 Timothy 2:6 KJV
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

=Lazy, lackadaisical, spiteful, disrespect for the details of the bible.

Wickedness.