The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I asked a question. I can't find one that's real. Can you?

On Feb. 11, 2015, Elon Musk of SpaceX tweeted this photo, showing the Falcon 9 rocket's second stage carrying the DSCOVR satellite to its parking orbit. The Earth shines in the background:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA0NS82MTEvb3JpZ2luYWwvZmFsY29uLTktZHNjb3ZyLWVhcnRoLmpwZw==

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, so, the Bible does not say that God created darkness (and in the same way, He did not create sin). Darkness is a result of a lack of light. In other words, without light, there can be no darkness.

In the same way that darkness exists (because God created light), gravity exists because God created matter. In other words, gravity is a result of God creating matter.

Do you get what I'm saying?

This does not contradict any cosmology verses in the Bible, but is in fact consistent with them.

For instance, In Genesis 1:1-2, God created the heavens and the earth, and the earth was void and without form.

Might I suggest that the word "earth" in verses 1-2 does not mean planet Earth, but "earth," as in what Earth is made of, rock.

Instead of imagining a single, earth-sized blob of matter, though, imagine all of the matter in the universe in one giant blob, and this is what God used to make every celestial body in the universe, from the tiniest moon, to the largest star, in galaxies that span hundreds of thousands of light-years of space, which make up the tendrils of a superstructure of galaxies like the structure of a giant sponge, and the earth is almost dead center in it.

And then, on day 4, God stretched out the heavens, so that the universe was even bigger, drawing out the light from the stars like he drew out the plants from the ground we stand on.

You may be interested in these, as they (attempt to) answer the question about why the universe is billions of light-years across, yet creation only happened ~6k years ago:

https://answersingenesis.org/astron...ew-solution-to-the-light-travel-time-problem/

http://kgov.com/creationist-answer-to-the-starlight-and-time-problem

If you agree that the Bible and true science will never contradict, then I recommend you check out those articles.

For the reasons you have just given is why I said gravity can exist even if not mentioned in the Bible. I have no problem with your argument. But as you say, "imagine all of the matter.." and I I believe that gravity is imagined. But if gravity does exist then I would consider your argument to be correct.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 1:6-7 KJV - [FONT=&quot]And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.[/FONT]

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Genesis 1:6-7 KJV - [FONT="]And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.[/FONT]

The Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion states:

What did the universe look like to the biblical authors? The most common picture is a three-storied cosmos. The earth is a disk floating on an expanse of water, with another expanse of water above it. The sky, or firmament, is an arched structure, a dome, with the celestial bodies fixed in it and with openings through which rain, from the upper watery expanse, falls to earth.​

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
View attachment 26128 View attachment 26129

This is where I rollerblade on the Brooklyn side. As you can see there is no curvature of water under the bridge.

The two tall columns were built vertically straight with levels and plumlines at each location. The largest cables were then strung between the two towers. Then the cables hanging from the large cables were put in place before the spans of steal across the bridge.

There was no consideration for the curvature of the earth. That these two very tall columns nearly a mile apart are only 1 5/8 inches more at the top than from the bottom is not nearly what one would expect from an 8 inch drop in curvature from one end the other. No has ever actually measured the distance anyway. The difference is a mere calculation by someone who presupposes a curvature. Even if they there 1 5/8 inch wider at the top they are still "virtually" perpendicular to each other given their height and the distance between them.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
View attachment 26128 View attachment 26129

This is where I rollerblade on the Brooklyn side. As you can see there is no curvature of water under the bridge.

The two tall columns were built vertically straight with levels and plumlines at each location. The largest cables were then strung between the two towers. Then the cables hanging from the large cables were put in place before the spans of steal across the bridge.

There was no consideration for the curvature of the earth. That these two very tall columns nearly a mile apart are only 1 5/8 inches more at the top than from the bottom is not nearly what one would expect from an 8 inch drop in curvature from one end the other. No has ever actually measured the distance anyway. The difference is a mere calculation by someone who presupposes a curvature. Even if they there 1 5/8 inch wider at the top they are still "virtually" perpendicular to each other given their height and the distance between them.

--Dave
[h=1]Rob Skiba proves the Chicago skyline (as seen from the other side) is NOT a mirage[/h]

https://youtu.be/zdFqK1wTx0A

Status
Not open for further replies.