The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Good. Do you understand gravity? Can you prove gravity? Is there a test that proves gravity? Let's hear it, genius.
Which model would you like to use? Newtonian or General Relativity? Both work. Newtonian is usually easier to work with and it did put men on the moon and get them back. General Relativity will also work but it is more complex, harder to work with for near earth effects. Either way, when I throw a ball up into the air it will absolutely come back down. We observe a force acting on the ball to slow it down, stop it, reverse its motion and then accelerate it back down to the ground. We define that force as gravity. Whether it is a property of mass or a property of the time-space continuum, we still call it gravity.

WizardofOz

Q: How big does a building have to be before the curvature of the earth becomes a factor in its design?
A: The curvature of the earth amounts to about 8 inches per mile. Any kind of construction that you would do of something that big would have to take this into account. This would include long bridges and tunnels. - Ronald L Klaus, Worked in the space program and taught chemical engineering and computer science. 3 careers: science and math professor, Christian pastor, overseas development.

Link

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You see, a "flat" or enclosed earth would prove God and the Bible. People in control don't want that. When did we start being told the earth was a globe in an endless universe (expanse)? I just started checking this last night but if true, it's the biggest lie ever told to mankind. If they can raise doubts about Genesis and creation then the whole Bible is easily discarded.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Which model would you like to use? Newtonian or General Relativity? Both work. Newtonian is usually easier to work with and it did put men on the moon and get them back. General Relativity will also work but it is more complex, harder to work with for near earth effects. Either way, when I throw a ball up into the air it will absolutely come back down. We observe a force acting on the ball to slow it down, stop it, reverse its motion and then accelerate it back down to the ground. We define that force as gravity. Whether it is a property of mass or a property of the time-space continuum, we still call it gravity.
Wrong, it proves that things fall back to earth. I does not prove a "force" of any kind. You "call" it gravity but you can't prove gravity.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Why don't planets fall into the sun?

Centripetal force. I posted a short video explaining this a couple of pages ago. Gravity is a fairly weak force.
pOWxlgtOPq7OCNb4UsqI4QyBbz5MGQubHBUFOx0l J0oFKCYFAIJBlePJgyJCm3V1zSemvROlApYRAIBAIZCWgUkIgEAgEshJQKSEQCAQCWQmolBAIBAKBrARUSggEAoFAVgIqJQQCgUAgKwGVEgKBQCCQlXiHUkrgBje4wQ1ucPvot2U18V UruEQCAQCgWxnoFJCIBAIBLISv65Twg1ucIMb3OD2MW8S3DolfoMVPRAIBAKB8OSw9hUCgUAgkJV5m1L f1V 09aYNyVgAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already said I don't know. Your turn.

--Dave
Ok, so, the Bible does not say that God created darkness (and in the same way, He did not create sin). Darkness is a result of a lack of light. In other words, without light, there can be no darkness.

In the same way that darkness exists (because God created light), gravity exists because God created matter. In other words, gravity is a result of God creating matter.

Do you get what I'm saying?

This does not contradict any cosmology verses in the Bible, but is in fact consistent with them.

For instance, In Genesis 1:1-2, God created the heavens and the earth, and the earth was void and without form.

Might I suggest that the word "earth" in verses 1-2 does not mean planet Earth, but "earth," as in what Earth is made of, rock.

Instead of imagining a single, earth-sized blob of matter, though, imagine all of the matter in the universe in one giant blob, and this is what God used to make every celestial body in the universe, from the tiniest moon, to the largest star, in galaxies that span hundreds of thousands of light-years of space, which make up the tendrils of a superstructure of galaxies like the structure of a giant sponge, and the earth is almost dead center in it.

And then, on day 4, God stretched out the heavens, so that the universe was even bigger, drawing out the light from the stars like he drew out the plants from the ground we stand on.

You may be interested in these, as they (attempt to) answer the question about why the universe is billions of light-years across, yet creation only happened ~6k years ago:

https://answersingenesis.org/astron...ew-solution-to-the-light-travel-time-problem/

http://kgov.com/creationist-answer-to-the-starlight-and-time-problem

If you agree that the Bible and true science will never contradict, then I recommend you check out those articles.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah 45:7 KJV
(7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
But it's strong enough to hold the moon in orbit, yet a bird can fly.

That is correct. The gravitational attraction between the Earth and the Moon keeps the moon in orbit. Yet the force of lift generated by the wings of the bird is sufficient to counteract gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.