The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
View attachment 26128 View attachment 26129

This is where I rollerblade on the Brooklyn side. As you can see there is no curvature of water under the bridge.

The two tall columns were built vertically straight with levels and plumlines at each location. The largest cables were then strung between the two towers. Then the cables hanging from the large cables were put in place before the spans of steal across the bridge.

There was no consideration for the curvature of the earth. That these two very tall columns nearly a mile apart are only 1 5/8 inches more at the top than from the bottom is not nearly what one would expect from an 8 inch drop in curvature from one end the other. No has ever actually measured the distance anyway. The difference is a mere calculation by someone who presupposes a curvature. Even if they there 1 5/8 inch wider at the top they are still "virtually" perpendicular to each other given their height and the distance between them.

--Dave
Wrong video in my last post Dave. Chicago from across Lake Michigan.

https://youtu.be/o37t6iBS_q4

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Wrong video in my last post Dave. Chicago from across Lake Michigan.

The first shot of Chicago from 42 miles out, you can only see the very top of the Willis building which is 1,729 ft. tall to the tip. If you put that distance into the curvature calculator and subtract the difference, what the camera captured lines up perfectly for the Earth being round. Again when 27 miles out, you can only see about half or a little more of the building, and again if you calculate the curvature it comes out to exactly what it should be on a ball Earth. From 42 miles, at an estimated 10 feet above the water, about 970 feet of the skyline should be hidden by the horizon. See https://www.metabunk.org/curve/ to calculate it. And that's exactly what you see at 7:17. You can only see the TOPS of the tallest buildings. The "architectural" top of the Willis tower is 1450 feet, so it makes sense you can see the top. I can't imagine how you think this could work on a flat earth. Why do we only see the tops of the tallest buildings instead of all the buildings all the way to the ground? Wow.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The first shot of Chicago from 42 miles out, you can only see the very top of the Willis building which is 1,729 ft. tall to the tip. If you put that distance into the curvature calculator and subtract the difference, what the camera captured lines up perfectly for the Earth being round. Again when 27 miles out, you can only see about half or a little more of the building, and again if you calculate the curvature it comes out to exactly what it should be on a ball Earth. From 42 miles, at an estimated 10 feet above the water, about 970 feet of the skyline should be hidden by the horizon. See https://www.metabunk.org/curve/ to calculate it. And that's exactly what you see at 7:17. You can only see the TOPS of the tallest buildings. The "architectural" top of the Willis tower is 1450 feet, so it makes sense you can see the top. I can't imagine how you think this could work on a flat earth. Why do we only see the tops of the tallest buildings instead of all the buildings all the way to the ground? Wow.
Wrong again, tough guy. :chuckle: You better re-check your data, you've been hoodwinked all your life.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
View attachment 26131 View attachment 26132

Gravity pulls planets toward each other but they never collide into each other. Why not?

Planets and moons are moving in orbits around other planets or suns. What is the cause of their movement?

If gravity moves planets toward each other then what moves them in another direction, a direction that is not toward each other?

Add to this that the universe is expanding and this expansion is accelerating. One would think that long after the big bang the expansion would slow down.

Here is our moving universe of impossible multi directions.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
View attachment 26131 View attachment 26132

Gravity pulls planets toward each other but they never collide into each other. Why not?
Because gravity is NOT the only force in the universe. Why do you keep stumbling over this?

Planets and moons are moving in orbits around other planets or suns. What is the cause of their movement?
God set them in motion. Is this also hard to understand?

If gravity moves planets toward each other then what moves them in another direction, a direction that is not toward each other?
Inertia. Once again Dave, why are this simple things so hard for you to understand?

Add to this that the universe is expanding and this expansion is accelerating. One would think that long after the big bang the expansion would slow down.
What if the "Big Bang" cosmology is wrong?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Circumnavigation is one of many strong arguments for flat earth. All of the proofs in the above video are pretty strong, imo. Nobody can sail a ship south around or past Antarctica (south pole) and then sail back up to the north. All supposed circumnavigation is fro east to west and is simply a circle around a flat earth. Flight patterns in the southern hemisphere are another dead giveaway.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because gravity is NOT the only force in the universe. Why do you keep stumbling over this?

God set them in motion. Is this also hard to understand?

Inertia. Once again Dave, why are this simple things so hard for you to understand?

What if the "Big Bang" cosmology is wrong?

Then what is the cause of the inertia that is moving the earth, moon, and planets?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then what is the cause of the inertia that is moving the earth, moon, and planets?

--Dave

If God just "set" the earth, moon, etc. in motion, then the big bang and gravity are not required and gravity does not exist.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If God just "set" the earth, moon, etc. in motion, then the big bang and gravity are not required and gravity does not exist.

--Dave
No, Dave. God created an orderly universe, not one that doesn't have any order to it.

An object in motion will remain in motion, unless acted upon by an outside force.

That's one of the most basic physical laws. If gravity did not exist, the earth would spin, yes, but it would not orbit the sun, because there is no force acting on it to keep it constantly changing direction.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

--Dave
By the way, stop equating the, for lack of a better word, belief in gravity for the belief in the Big Bang. They are not the same, nor does believing in one require believing in the other.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way, stop equating the, for lack of a better word, belief in gravity for the belief in the Big Bang. They are not the same, nor does believing in one require believing in the other.

Since God sets all bodies / planets / moons / stars in motion then no big bang, no natural cause, is required.

Since God created all bodies / planets / moons / stars no gravity was needed to pull the particles together after the big bang.

Since God set all bodies, etc. in motion, no natural cause required, I would suppose he also set the path they would follow, no natural cause required.

God created the planets, etc. set thm in motion, and prescribed the path they would follow. No natural causes needed, no big bang needed for the inertia, no gravity needed for the coming together of particles, and no gravity needed to pull planets toward each other.

Newton said that what pulled the apple, and everything else, to the ground on earth was the same thing that kept the moon in orbit around the earth. I quess Newton did not know it was God, not a natural cause he called gravity that put the moon in orbit in the path that God set it.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Since God sets all bodies / planets / moons / stars in motion then no big bang, no natural cause, is required.

Since God created all bodies / planets / moons / stars no gravity was needed to pull the particles together after the big bang.

Since God set all bodies, etc. in motion, no natural cause required, I would suppose he also set the path they would follow, no natural cause required.

God created the planets, etc. set thm in motion, and prescribed the path they would follow. No natural causes needed, no big bang needed for the inertia, no gravity needed for the coming together of particles, and no gravity needed to pull planets toward each other.

Newton said that what pulled the apple, and everything else, to the ground on earth was the same thing that kept the moon in orbit around the earth. I quess Newton did not know it was God, not a natural cause he called gravity that put the moon in orbit in the path that God set it.

--Dave

Dave, I want you to do something for me. I want you to pick up a baseball, and tie a string around it, and then swing that ball around (outside, please, I don't want you breaking any vases).

Then I want you to try to do the same thing, without the string or anything else holding onto the ball. Tell me how difficult it is to keep that ball in orbit around your hand.

Impossible, right?

Yes, God is supernatural, and His power is beyond measure.

But what you're saying is that God is constantly doing a miracle to keep the moon in orbit around the earth, and the earth around the sun. The universe is physical, Dave, and physical objects in this physical universe must follow the laws of the physical universe.

"An object in motion will stay in motion, and an object at rest will stay at rest, all unless acted upon by an outside force."

Dave, when you roll that baseball across a table, what happens? The ball moves in a straight line (disregarding the seams, for a moment), no? That's because there's no outside force (other than gravity, which is keeping it on the table) acting on it to change it's direction. However, when you put a string on the baseball, and try to swing it around your head, there's a force acting on the baseball that is constantly changing it's direction, called centripetal force, caused by the string.

The centripetal force acting upon the moon and the earth is gravity. God doesn't need to supernaturally keep something in orbit around a planet or star, He can use the laws of the universe He created to do so.

Many times in the Bible, God used a natural force to accomplish tasks. Take for example, when Israel was fleeing Egypt, God used the wind to push back the waters of the Red Sea so that His people could walk on dry land, and then again used the wind to bring back the waters onto the egyptian army. Or even when God designed the earth with a way to wipe out His creation if they rebelled. He used the moon's orbit as a tidal pump to build pressure under the hydroplates (see here), which eventually cracked the earth's firmament and flooded the entire earth.

God uses the natural laws of the universe to do thing in the natural universe.

And Dave, when I say I don't believe in the Big Bang, could you please do me the favor of not arguing with me against it? We both agree (correct me if I'm wrong) that it didn't happen. So please stop arguing as if I think it did.

I believe that God created the heavens and the earth (matter) on day one, then used it throughout the rest of the creation week to form everything else. When God created matter, it had intrinsic properties that He used to build the universe. One of those properties was gravitational attraction.

Now, I don't claim to understand gravity, or how it works, or what causes it. But what I do understand is that it DOES work, and that it works well, and that it keeps the tides of the oceans moving, which keeps the ocean life alive. It keeps me grounded, so that when I'm driving along on the highway, and I hit a bump, I stay on the ground, instead of getting catapulted into the air.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think it took 500 pages for the Newt to try explaining it. It still can't be proven.

What are expecting in the way of proof? We can use the Theory of Gravity to predict where a projectile will land. We can use it along with your density to calculate the force you exert on the ground: your weight. We can use to predict the orbits of planets, put satellites into orbit and to send men to the moon and bring them back again. What kind of proof are you looking for?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What are expecting in the way of proof? We can use the Theory of Gravity to predict where a projectile will land. We can use it along with your density to calculate the force you exert on the ground: your weight. We can use to predict the orbits of planets, put satellites into orbit and to send men to the moon and bring them back again. What kind of proof are you looking for?
You're too far gone, sir.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You're too far gone, sir.

So you have no idea what constitutes proof of gravity. How can you possibly provide compelling evidence for your position if you do not understand your own arguments? The theory of gravity explains and accurately models what we observe in world around us. All you have is that density makes things fall. Density is not a force, density is a property of matter, one of many, that allows us to compare different substances.

Status
Not open for further replies.