The divinity of Jesus Christ.

6days

John 8:58*Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"
Ex. 3:14*God said to Moses,*"I AM*WHO*I AM.*

Genesis 1:1 in the beginning, *God created the heaven and the earth.
Col.1:16*For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Isaiah 9:6*For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor,*Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Hebrews 1:8*But to the Son he says, "Your throne,*O God, endures forever and ever.*
John 10:25*Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28*I give them eternal life*and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30*I and the Father are one.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
True in regard to His ministry of 3 years, however He now is---

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

The same will occur for all true believers of the resurrection as He was.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jesus Christ is SENT FROM the Father - Jesus Himself plainly states He is from the the Father and does nothing but from God who sent Him - should i type it ? or can you read

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

Jesus is sent from His Father - He is not God but does God's Will on earth and is One with the God, but the Son and the Holy Ghost PROCEED FROM GOD and there is no two or three ways about it. Father - Son - Holy Ghost -- In that order

keypurr

You used to deny He had a pre-existence, now here you admit He existed before He took upon Him the form of flesh and blood.

Don't misunderstand me Totton. Jesus, the man, did not pre-exist. But the spirit Christ in him did. The son that God sent was not Jesus, it was Christ. Jesus became the Christ at his anointing.

The express image in Hebrews 1 is a spiritual being, not a man. That spirit became a man by dwelling in Jesus. Phil 2 tells you that he lowered himself to take the form of man, so he was not a man until Jesus was anointed with him. This is very important to understand friend. Jesus is the flesh son of God, he is the body God prepared for his spirit son Christ. God created everything through Christ. Jesus was born as a man to be the Saviour of mankind, but he became Christ when he was about thirty.

God is God and Christ is Lord. Only the Father is greater than Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Define what divine means to you.

Divinity.
noun, plural divinities.
the quality of being divine; divine nature.
deity; godhood.
a divine being; God.
the Divinity, (sometimes lowercase) the Deity.
a being having divine attributes, ranking below God but above humans:
minor divinities.
the study or science of divine things; theology.
godlike character; supreme excellence. From Dictionary.com

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't misunderstand me Totton. Jesus, the man, did not pre-exist. But the spirit Christ in him did. The son that God sent was not Jesus, it was Christ. Jesus became the Christ at his anointing.

The express image in Hebrews 1 is a spiritual being, not a man. That spirit became a man by dwelling in Jesus. Phil 2 tells you that he lowered himself to take the form of man, so he was not a man until Jesus was anointed with him. This is very important to understand friend. Jesus is the flesh son of God, he is the body God prepared for his spirit son Christ. God created everything through Christ. Jesus was born as a man to be the Saviour of mankind, but he became Christ when he was about thirty.

God is God and Christ is Lord. Only the Father is greater than Christ.

Luke 2:11

achduke

John 14:9 states: "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

achduke said:
Joh 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father,

and the Father in Me?

The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority

but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

keypurr

Divinity.

noun, plural divinities.

the quality of being divine; divine nature.

deity; godhood.

a divine being; God.

the Divinity, (sometimes lowercase) the Deity.

a being having divine attributes, ranking below God but above humans:

minor divinities.

the study or science of divine things; theology.

godlike character; supreme excellence. From Dictionary.com

Note that it does not always mean being God, it can be godlike.
Christ is the express image of God, he was given the powers of God, but he is not God, he is godlike, or "a" God.

Jesus Christ is a god, a created FORM of God. He is our Lord. God was alone before he created Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Note that it does not always mean being God, it can be godlike.
Christ is the express image of God, he was given the powers of God, but he is not God, he is godlike, or "a" God.

Jesus Christ is a god, a created FORM of God. He is our Lord. God was alone before he created Christ.

Your thoughts are heretical/polytheistic. Jesus is not a god. He is God, John 1:1, 14. Get over it.

kayaker

Is Jesus divine or not. Support your position with scripture.

Jesus said He is the light of the world in John 8:12 KJV.

Jesus' paternity was challenged by those seeking His crucifixion (John 8:28 KJV, John 8:37 KJV) in John 8:13, 19, 25, even inherently in John 8:41 KJV.

Jesus said He and His Father are TWO witnesses to Jesus' divine origin in John 8:18 KJV. Witnesses testify, so where are those to testimonies in said dialogue between John 8:12 KJV, and John 8:47 KJV?

Jesus' testimony to His divine origin is found in John 8:38 KJV. What specifically and succinctly did Jesus see WITH His Father?

God's testimony to Jesus' divine origin is found in John 8:40 KJV. What specifically and succinctly did Jesus hear from God that even Abraham didn't hear, even though Abraham "rejoiced to see (Jesus') day: and he saw it, and was glad" (John 8:56 KJV)?

So, I can get that close, Bright Raven. But, I have no difficulty understanding the concept of two witnesses. Unveiling the explicit and succinct details these two testimonies, Jesus' in John 8:38 KJV, and God's in John 8:40 KJV, sounds like a job for the Holy Spirit (John 14:16 KJV, John 14:17 KJV, John 14:26 KJV).

I've yet to find a theologian or layperson who can render up the explicit details. Nonetheless, I'm confident such is found in the Bible.

kayaker

keypurr

Your thoughts are heretical/polytheistic. Jesus is not a god. He is God, John 1:1, 14. Get over it.

Your verses only proves MY point BR.

God sent his son, not himself.

The WORD became flesh, Jesus was BORN FLESH.

It is not me that must get over it BR.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your verses only proves MY point BR.

God sent his son, not himself.

The WORD became flesh, Jesus was BORN FLESH.

It is not me that must get over it BR.

i retract my previous posts to you about Christ and that He IS God. He plainly states many many times that He is SENT from the Father God to fulfill God's Word and scriptures. Jesus is NOT God He is the Son of God

Ben Masada

Yes, but according to the gospel of Paul in II Cor. 13:19. That's how Jesus became part of the Trinity; therefore, one with God. But which one of the two was and remained a Jew to the last day of his life, Jesus or Paul? Jesus of course! So, every thing about Jesus in the gospel of Paul was not true.

iamaberean

Jesus is man in flesh and was sinless.

1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

He was God in spirit and in the old testament he is spoken of as the redeemer.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus, as a man, prayed to God, walked on the earth, was tempted by the devil, but as God he healed the sick and raised the dead and this is what he told his disciples to tell John when he asked.

Mat 11:3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

Mat 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Ben Masada

1 - Jesus is man in flesh, God in spirit. In the old testament he is spoken of as the redeemer.

2 - Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

3 - 1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

4 - Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

5 - Jesus, as a man, prayed to God, walked on the earth, was tempted by the devil, but as God he healed the sick and raised the dead and this is what he told his disciples to tell John when he asked.

6 - Mat 11:3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? Mat 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

1 - God Himself is the Redeemer of Israel. (Isa. 41:14)

2 - As you see, the Lord Himself, the King of Israel is Israel's own Redeemer.

3 - Here, Paul was speaking about Jesus and he did not know that Jesus did not preach to the Gentiles. He even forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. (Mat. 10:5,6)

4 - Here, Paul preached about Jesus as part of the Trinity although in body in contradiction to Deut. 4:15,16.

5 - As God, Jesus raised the dead in contradiction to God Himself for having inspired His prophets with the Word that once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23)

6 - Neither is he who should come nor should you wait for another. The Messiah is according to Prophet Habakkuk 3:13.

achduke

i retract my previous posts to you about Christ and that He IS God. He plainly states many many times that He is SENT from the Father God to fulfill God's Word and scriptures. Jesus is NOT God He is the Son of God
Hi patrick jane,

When did you come to this understanding?

daqq

Your thread title says the divinity of Jesus CHRIST not just "Jesus".

In the beginning was the Memra-Logos, and the Memra-Logos was with the Elohim-Angels, and the Memra-Logos was Elohim. In the beginning Elohim cuts down the Shamayim and the Erets: and the Erets is without form, and a vacuous void, and Darkness is upon the face of the abyss, and Ruach Elohim broods like a Yonah Dove upon the face of the waters. :)

:sheep:

iamaberean

1 - God Himself is the Redeemer of Israel. (Isa. 41:14)

2 - As you see, the Lord Himself, the King of Israel is Israel's own Redeemer.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
He shall stand upon the earth, means the redeemer is a man.

3 - Here, Paul was speaking about Jesus and he did not know that Jesus did not preach to the Gentiles. He even forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. (Mat. 10:5,6)
Jesus was and is the Jews messiah, and as their messiah, he dealt with the Jews. But in the end they rejected him.
Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

4 - Here, Paul preached about Jesus as part of the Trinity although in body in contradiction to Deut. 4:15,16.
Huh?

5 - As God, Jesus raised the dead in contradiction to God Himself for having inspired His prophets with the Word that once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23)
God was speaking of the unjust not returning from the grave. In II Sam, David said that he would go to him, spiritually, when he died.

6 - Neither is he who should come nor should you wait for another. The Messiah is according to Prophet Habakkuk 3:13.
Huh!

Ben Masada

1 - Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: He shall stand upon the earth, means the redeemer is a man.

2 - Jesus was and is the Jews messiah, and as their messiah, he dealt with the Jews. But in the end they rejected him.

3 - Mar 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

4 - Here, Paul preached about Jesus as part of the Trinity although in body in contradiction to Deut. 4:15,16. Huh?

5 - God was speaking of the unjust not returning from the grave. In II Sam, David said that he would go to him, spiritually, when he died.

6 - Neither is he who should come nor should you wait for another. The Messiah is according to Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. Huh!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

1 - As I see, you do not understand metaphorical language.

2 - Are you implying that Jesus lost the deal with the Jews?

3 - Luke says that Jesus' disciples saw him after his passion or sufferings. To see someone after his passion or sufferings is no evidence that he even died, let alone that he resurrected. (Acts 1:3)

4 - Does "huh!" mean that you did not know about Deut. 4:15,16. You need to study the Bible a little bore.

5 - Again "huh!" Are you implying that the newborn baby of king David with Bathsheba will be of the unjust who will not return from the grave? Not too kosher.

6 - Finally, another "huh". Does it mean you have never read Prophet Habakkuk? I agree with him that the Messiah is according to the collective concept of the People of Israel and not an individual
because an individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? I don't think so. Besides, the Messiah is not supposed to physically die but to remain as a people before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-35)