ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocking You

You do not think He REJECTED the Holy Spirit, instead of RECEIVED it, do you?

Will you answer that question please?

This is called the magician's choice--pick one of the answers I supply.

The answer is that the Holy Spirit descending from the sky in the form of a dove while God's voice was booming is affirmation that Jesus is God's son. It was a symbolic event.

john w

Hall of Fame
I thank God that I'm am a priviledged to have known the great John W., and perhaps he will show me the good news again, so that I can be saved, as right now, I'm a bit confused, as my bong had some good haseesh in it, and I'm lost, you see, well, uh, urr,....

I can misquote like you.

Arsenios

This is called the magician's choice--pick one of the answers I supply.

Well, thank you for your confession then...

Because it was YOU who SUPPLIED the yes/no RECEIVED when YOU asked ME YOUR MAGICIAN's QUESTION...

You are a sly dog! :)

The answer is that the Holy Spirit descending from the sky in the form of a dove while God's voice was booming is affirmation that Jesus is God's son. It was a symbolic event.

Thank-you!

The Dove and the Booming Voice and Jesus Christ together demonstrate the TRINITY...

But this IS CHRIST's BAPTISM...

It IS in WATER...

It is UPON ARISING that
1 - The Heavens Open...
2 - The Spirit Descends...
3 - And ALIGHTS on Christ...

It is the Baptism of the Christian Jews...

It is the Baptism that Ananias gave to Saul/Paul...

Agreed?

Arsenios

Arsenios

No. I've only been here a week. Why do people think I've had multiple user names here?

Because you are a wiley and crafty and sly DOG!

Must be your two teen boys...

Talkin' survival here!

With teen boys!

You have old-timer veteran TOL contours in your postings...

And in your user name...

Arsenios

Arsenios

That "meds" cliche has never been spammed before on TOL, and we are all just stunned, by your originality, and shining brillance...

Sounds like they are wearing off...

You DO remember my old folks home promise to you, don't you?

Make that YOUR old folks home...

Arsenios

Mocking You

The Dove and the Booming Voice and Jesus Christ together demonstrate the TRINITY...

Agreed.

But this IS CHRIST's BAPTISM...

It IS in WATER...

It is UPON ARISING that
1 - The Heavens Open...
2 - The Spirit Descends...
3 - And ALIGHTS on Christ...

This is the narrative in Matthew 3. In Luke 3 Jesus is praying (presumably after baptism, but it's not clear.)

It is the Baptism of the Christian Jews...

No, it is John's baptism of repentance.

It is the Baptism that Ananias gave to Saul/Paul...

Agreed?

Sorry, but no. John the Baptist's baptism was NOT Christian baptism. He was the last and greatest prophet of the Old Testament.

Mocking You

Because you are a wiley and crafty and sly DOG!

Must be your two teen boys...

Talkin' survival here!

With teen boys!

You have old-timer veteran TOL contours in your postings...

And in your user name...

Arsenios

My two boys keep me hoppin' yes, but I've been on internet forums for years. I started out on USENET in the 1990's. I've seen it all. Frankly, there are only a few pros on TOL.

Arsenios

My two boys keep me hoppin' yes, but I've been on internet forums for years. I started out on USENET in the 1990's. I've seen it all. Frankly, there are only a few pros on TOL.

So what's with the "might have just picked his nose" avatar??

And what name would you like me to use when I pray for you?

I do pray for ALL TOLers...

Arsenios - My real name, btw

Levolor

So, Jesus is baptized into Christ and then part of Himself (the Holy Spirit) is given to Him?

All righty-then...

Jesus lived His life as a template to show what we are also to do and experience. The baptism is done so that we can, just as Jesus said for Himself, fulfill all righteousness. But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him. Matthew 3:15

As Jesus said this is to be done for us to fulfill all righteousness.

We must, as Jesus said, pick up our cross and follow Him in order to be worthy of Him. (Luke 9:23)

Mocking You

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agreed.

This is the narrative in Matthew 3. In Luke 3 Jesus is praying (presumably after baptism, but it's not clear.)

No, it is John's baptism of repentance.

Sorry, but no. John the Baptist's baptism was NOT Christian baptism. He was the last and greatest prophet of the Old Testament.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.
Act 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
Act 8:10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
Act 8:11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mocking You,

John was Gods priest.

He baptized Jesus according to the washing of the great sea which stood before the entrance to the Holy Place.

It was this sea that all who will not give their life to Christ after believing, do avoid and thus never enter into the Holy Place.

All of mans religions do that when they turn away from Christ--

Ahaz.

2 Kings ch 16.

LA

Check out ch 17

These things are the history of the Church and churches of our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.