the church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the only time Jesus got angry was when they disrespected the temple
-Jesus might feel the same way about the church
-paul said give none offence to it

-give none offence to His mother

SaulToPaul 2

So, pretty much the same thing the RCC has done throughout its history?

Its always been motivated my money, just as the money changers that Jesus drove out.

Yes, the same thing that the King of Tyre/Satan does.

Ezekiel 28
4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:

5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:

And to this end,

8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.

9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

HisServant

who else has history?
-who else has survived the test of time?

two irrelevant questions.... even Satan knows Christ and knows what he is, but it is of no avail to him.

The fact still stands that your religion is nothing more than a religion dreamed up by the Roman Empire... and borrowed almost everything from Mithraism.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
two irrelevant questions.... even Satan knows Christ and knows what he is, but it is of no avail to him.

The fact still stands that your religion is nothing more than a religion dreamed up by the Roman Empire... and borrowed almost everything from Mithraism.
Holy Catholicism is more than a religion. It is not less than, but is more than a religion. Plus, when we speak about history, we're talking about the physical, visible, even obvious, organization or corporation, that is traced directly back through the ages to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, Who said, "I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build." Matthew 16:17-18

What He would build, is in a sense beside the point, that He said He will build. What did He build? And should whatever He did build, assuming that He did indeed build, still be visible? If He were building an obelisk, if instead of saying He would build His Church, but instead said that He would build "His obelisk," should we expect that His obelisk still stands today? Yes, because whatever He means in saying that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against" His obelisk, we should at least believe that He meant that His obelisk would not ever be knocked down or destroyed.

Compare with the Temple.

HisServant

Holy Catholicism is more than a religion. It is not less than, but is more than a religion. Plus, when we speak about history, we're talking about the physical, visible, even obvious, organization or corporation, that is traced directly back through the ages to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, Who said, "I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build." Matthew 16:17-18

What He would build, is in a sense beside the point, that He said He will build. What did He build? And should whatever He did build, assuming that He did indeed build, still be visible? If He were building an obelisk, if instead of saying He would build His Church, but instead said that He would build "His obelisk," should we expect that His obelisk still stands today? Yes, because whatever He means in saying that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against" His obelisk, we should at least believe that He meant that His obelisk would not ever be knocked down or destroyed.

Compare with the Temple.

God was extremely specific about how his Temple was to be built... down to the materials and ornamentation. No such instructions were given in the New Testament about any 'churches'. As a matter of fact, the Jews were prohibited from building anything without God's explicit permission.

As far as you tracing your church back to Jesus... it just isn't so. None of the Apostles, nor Jesus liked Rome at all... in fact, Rome was their mortal enemy and cursed for all eternity for what it did to Israel.

And you are basing your ENTIRE RELIGION OFF ONE OBSCURE VERSE that appears in only one of four Gospels. It just isn't that important or it would have been repeated elsewhere (remember scripture is basically a witness to what Jesus and the Apostles did... nothing more and nothing less).

But I digress... if you want to remain a pagan and be at enmity with God.. by all means remain a Romanist/Mithraist.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Holy Catholicism is more than a religion.

yes
-religion is preserving traditions
-each industry has standards based on what works
-the church has all that and more
-the church teaches
-like the shepherd feeds his flock
-it is what peter was asked to do
-three times