the church

KingdomRose

the church is controlled by men
-and
-they are all sinners
-so
-we are not surprised at what you will continue to say

So you willingly consort with the worst kind of evildoers? You support and defend murderers, adulterers, liars, cheats, thieves of the most sordid sort? Men will sin, but Christ will not abide PRACTICING, WILLFUL SINNERS. His church is not run by such men, men that have ruled the church with blood just gushing off their guilty hands.

(Check out the Borgias, if you want some interesting reading.)

:noway:

KingdomRose

No it isn't. Why don't you try looking it up, rather than act like you know what you are talking about??

"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.[1][2] As a medical diagnosis, specific criteria for the disorder extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13"

You are :kookoo:

God's Truth

You aren't clear in your arguments because you often neglect to state what scripture you are referring to. I thought you were referring to IPeter 3:18-20. But I guess you were talking about IPeter 4:6. IPeter 4:6 is a whole different ball game. Taking into consideration that the scriptures say that the dead are conscious of nothing (Eccles.9:5,10), we know that Peter must have been talking about the spiritually dead. There are references to the spiritually dead quite often in the scriptures, I'm sure you know. There is a cross-reference in the margin there at that verse in IPeter 4:6, and it takes us to Ephesians 2:1 where it refers to being spiritually dead:

"Furthermore, it is you God made alive though you were dead in your trespasses and sins." (Ephesians 2:1)

"Jesus said to him: 'Keep following me, and let the dead bury their dead.'" (Matthew 8:22)

:eek:linger: (As in this little picture.)

Don't blame me for you not knowing scripture.

I told you which scripture.

The scriptures say Jesus went to prison in his Spirit after dying. He preached the gospel to those who were dead.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there is a lot of confusion
-freewill?
-work?
-saved?
-is Jesus God?
-the church settles arguments
-the church has the authority to do so

KingdomRose

You said the scripture about those who are dead in prison are the angels!

When I asked you to prove angels die you could not.

I did too! Just read my posts again. Why should I re-post everything?

The ones in "prison" ARE the fallen angels. That's IPeter 3:20. The other scriptures we were discussing were not the angels, but the spiritually dead people.

KingdomRose

Don't blame me for you not knowing scripture.

I told you which scripture.

The scriptures say Jesus went to prison in his Spirit after dying. He preached the gospel to those who were dead.

Where does it say they were dead??? Quote the scripture back to me and show me where it says they were dead.

God's Truth

I did too! Just read my posts again. Why should I re-post everything?

The ones in "prison" ARE the fallen angels. That's IPeter 3:20. The other scriptures we were discussing were not the angels, but the spiritually dead people.

Oh so now you decided to change it up.

You had to add spiritually dead to those who are NOW dead.

It doesn't work.

God's Truth

The scriptures plainly say that when Jesus died on the cross, he went to prison where those spirits were, those who died long ago. Jesus went back to the first people and first sinners. Jesus filled the universe.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
-18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter
-19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven
-peter got the keys
-and
-the power to bind and loose
-that means he was in charge
-someone must be in charge
-that should be clear
And he ordained two and two ordained two more and those two more ordianed two more others and all that happens in just hours. 2000 years later and 999 quadtrillions of ordianed pastors preached the gospel
And
you want to narrow it back down to just a few.

Why cant you use your mind? It's common sense you're gonna get a lot of preachers and you want yo fight them all and strip them by your own authority.

Very selfish!!!!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Does "the church" agree with your Revelation (harebrained) theories?

the church
-never has
-and
-never will have
-an official view of the apocalypse
-if anything
-the church promotes a spiritual view
-the church has always encouraged the study of the apocalypse
-you will never hear the church accuse islam of being the second beast
-that is my job

SaulToPaul 2

the church
-never has
-and
-never will have
-an official view of the apocalypse
-if anything
-the church promotes a spiritual view
-the church has always encouraged the study of the apocalypse
-you will never hear the church accuse islam of being the second beast
-that is my job

Did Peter not have a view?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The church has all of the original teachings handed down to them.
The LORD spent a great deal of time talking to them about the Apocalypse.

Why did Peter not pass this information down?

the church gave us the bible
-and
-guides us in our understanding of it
-everyone need not understand the apocalypse
-it is there for those who have the time and interest
-I have the time and interest
-so
-it must be my job