the church

God's Truth

How can we tell. All you do is lie.

We can tell, who is a Christian, by what they do.

If a Christian has sinned, there will be no excuses, there will be sorrow and repentance...and an eventual overcoming of the sin.

What do Calvinists do that prove they go against Christianity?

Calvinists say we CANNOT obey until after we are already saved.

We have to obey to get saved and to stay saved, so then, if it is as the Calvinists say, no one has to do anything to be saved; which is against the written Word of God.

What do Catholics do to show they are saved?

They also do nothing to show they are saved.

God says do not call each other 'father'. Catholics call all their brothers in instruction 'father'. Not only do the parishioners call their instructors in Christ 'father', the 'fathers', the instructors, they call EACH OTHER 'father'.

The Catholics do many things we are told not to do.

So to bring us back to the question of how do we know who is a Christian...a Christian is one who obeys the written Word of God.

God's Truth

I am a Christian not because i did something

Stop right there, for Jesus tells us to do SOMETHING to be saved.

to become one like asking Jesus in my heart,

We are to ask for the Holy Spirit, but who can ask for the Holy Spirit? Those who are already obedient to God can ask for the Holy Spirit. How do we know who is a child of God? We know by what we do, do we obey?

Please ask me to give you the scriptures in which I speak. I can prove everything I say with scripture references.

saying a sinners prayer,

Don't put down asking for forgiveness and help. We are to confess, repent, and call on Jesus to help us.

going to church

No one has to join any church/denomination to be a Christian. In fact, staying out of denomination's is a good thing.

getting baptised,

Getting water baptized is something God says to do. If you do not have anyone to baptize you in a body of water, do your own ceremony and promise yourself, and by yourself, in your bathtub, or pool, if you are so fortunate to have.

The water baptism is a ceremony of a promise to God. If you are bed ridden or in a wheel chair, make your ceremony by yourself with a cup of water and sprinkle it on yourself.

The infant water baptism of the Catholics is evil, for their is no repentance.

Repentance means you acknowledge your sin and will stop doing it. If you cannot stop, call on Jesus to help you, after you have done everything you can do with your own will to stand.

The Catholics give the impression of purity and beauty, as they dress little infants in a gown of white, and take them to a Catholic church surrounded in magnificent looking pictures and statures, the stained glass windows, the high ceilings, and the carvings through out...it is the pride that I had as a Catholic, and it is a smoke screen of holiness. The Calvinists have their own sins. Both the Catholics and the Calvinists do not obey the written Word, and that is how they are exposed.

having faith and repent or because i am smart or Good enough.

If you are those things and have done all that...it means you have been given much in life. If you have been given the ability in life to be able to read, and write, and obey, then much more will be demanded of you. However, I am not speaking about a special enabling, I am speaking about whether or not you were born disabled and mentally incapacitated.

I am a Christian by the grace of God through the blood and righteousness of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ alone.

God gives His grace to those who have faith and obey Him! How many times have I given you those scriptures and you just ignore them? Here is one of many: Acts 5:32.

My faith and repentance is evidence of me being a Christian not the other way around we don't put the cart before the horse.

Jesus saves those he wants to save. Jesus SAYS he saves those who believe and obey him.

My salvation is in Christ and what he did for his sheep on the Cross by bringing in a righteousness that i could not bring to God. I only bring my filth to God as a sinner

If that is all you bring to God, then you are not saved.

that is why the objet of ones salvation should not be what work they

The work we are SUPPOSED to do is God's WORKS, Jesus' commands.

do or what denomination church they belong to

No denomination can give you the Holy Spirit. Only Jesus can give you his Holy Spirit. Who does he give it to? Does he give it to those who join the right church? NO. He gives his Holy Spirit to those who admit they are sinners, they CONFESS AND REPENT OF THEIR SINS, and they PROVE THEIR REPENTANCE BY DOING RIGHT.

Why did John the baptizer get beheaded?!!! Think about it! You cannot come to Jesus to be saved and to have your sins washed away if you are not prepared to give up all your sins and do right.

but there object of salvation is and only is the The Lord Jesus Christ and his blood and righteousness alone.

Jesus' blood cleans those who REPENT of their sins.

Now my repentance is turning from ever thinking i am good enough to earn heaven by my wicked righteousness. Only in Christ am i righteous because of his paying form my sin by his blood and righteousness. I am so thankful for Christ death is secure and does save all those that are in him.

Again, your testimony is tainted by the false teachings and spirit that influenced John Calvin.

Jesus choose those he saves, and he saves those who obey.

dodge

LOL! Hitting the sauce a little early?

Welcome back. Try acting like a human being with a little common sense and you may not get booted again.

The FACTS are you pray to other than God and depend on other than God, which by scriptural definition makes you an idolater.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Welcome back. Try acting like a human being with a little common sense and you may not get booted again.

The FACTS are you pray to other than God and depend on other than God, which by scriptural definition makes you an idolater.

Yes yes yes, your song and dance is well known, and worn out, and ignorant... ..just like you.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Thank God there is still a bible around to expose the lies and deceptions of the RCC ILK.

LOL. You mean the Bible we gave you (and that you can't seem to read correctly). I love how you accept the Catholic Church's decision to ratify 27 books of the New Testament, and then think you can turn that very same New Testament against Holy Mother Church as a weapon. You really are a deranged person.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit
was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

dodge

LOL. You mean the Bible we gave you (and that you can't seem to read correctly). I love how you accept the Catholic Church's decision to ratify 27 books of the New Testament, and then think you can turn that very same New Testament against Holy Mother Church as a weapon. You really are a deranged person.

FYI, the bible was COMPLETE before there ever was an idolatrous Roman Catholic ilk.

dodge

You're an idiot. The New Testament was ratified at the end of the 4th century, by Pope Damasus I and the bishops with him.

More POMPOUS CLAIMS FROM THE RCC ILK. Making a claim does not make it truth. God had HIS scripture written and compiled without any help from the RCC. You obviously worship your religion. I suggest you worship God and only God.

Cruciform

Jesus did not affiliate or start the idolatrous CC.
Jesus Christ founded the Catholic Church, which remains today as Christ's one historic Church, just as the Lord promised it would (Mt. 16:18-19).

You are blind and deceived.
According to the entirely non-authoritative opinion of your preferred recently-invented, man-made anti-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

Cruciform

Do not confuse Christians WITH IDOLATROUS Roman Catholics.
No confusion. Protestant sectarians derive their beliefs, ideas, and assumptions from various human informational sources (doctrinal traditions), just as Catholics do. You are no exception.