Tattoos

Tattoos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I enjoy seeing people's tattoos.

Even though they've become much more acceptable, tattoos just wouldn't be the same without the holier-than-thou crotchety old judgmental busybodies going on about them.

So you think its wrong to dislike them and think they are aesthetically unappealing?

Buzzword

So you think its wrong to dislike them and think they are aesthetically unappealing?

I haven't seen anything on this thread to suggest that.

What I personally find wrong is making moral or character judgments based on the fact that this hypothetical person has tattoos.
As opposed to making those judgments based on WHAT they have chosen to tattoo themselves with, given that it could be anything from tributes for lost loved ones to "I was really drunk within walking distance of the tattoo parlor".

I try really hard to not make even those kinds of judgments, but they are far more understandable for rational people than simply "EEK! Tattoo!"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oddly enough I don't think dyed hair is attractive. Piercings and tats don't bother me, but dyed hair does. My wife is 33 and has quite a bit of gray hair. She quit dying it a few years back and I love it. She is beautiful with those silver streaks.

Brings up another question, what do y'all think of dyed hair?

Doesn't bother me, even when i dislike the weird color choices some people pick, tats don't bother me either - i just don't personally think they add anything to anyone and actually think they distract and are not aesthetically pleasing, to me it looks like when a child has their friends write all over them at school.

They look horrible too when older people have them and they are faded and stretched weird.

I think a less permanent decoration would be better but thats me.

Hair color is easily changed, permanent ink in ones skin and big holes in ears aren't.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I haven't seen anything on this thread to suggest that.

What I personally find wrong is making moral or character judgments based on the fact that this hypothetical person has tattoos.
As opposed to making those judgments based on WHAT they have chosen to tattoo themselves with, given that it could be anything from tributes for lost loved ones to "I was really drunk within walking distance of the tattoo parlor".

I try really hard to not make even those kinds of judgments, but they are far more understandable for rational people than simply "EEK! Tattoo!"

Well i think they are unattractive no matter what their thinking was when they got them, and im sure some people would think it unattractive that i wear makeup and have my ears peirced multiple times too.

Thinking something is not physically attractive, is not a "judgment" its what someone likes or doesn't like.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Who are the idiots who said NO?

Seriously, you guys need a blunt, a case of whiskey, some free time, some smokes, few burgers, and a camping trip.

JEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Seriously, you guys need a blunt, a case of whiskey, some free time, some smokes, few burgers, and a camping trip.

JEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

Maybe if you poured some whiskey down my throat on a camping trip and covered my eyes with smoke, i might think they are ok looking...

What a weird thing to say granite.

Poll question:

Are visible tats visually appealing?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If I'm at a party and Lighthouse shows up and doesn't talk to me because I have large holes in my ears, they have served their purpose and more than paid for themselves!
I don't avoid people for such reasons. But now we know looking stupid isn't just a choice you made.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Still younger than me, kid.
Not by much, though... right?? :DK:

You do know that such representations of Jesus are not what Jesus looked like, right?

Oh yeah. I think if I had gotten something more like Jesus, people may have been really confused. :crackup: I really enjoy the american traditional look, so that's the type of piece I wanted. He may or may not have tattoos on his face and neck, also. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

JEEEEEEEEEEEZ.
You buying? I'll change my vote. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

AGREED -I've been surprised at the amount of "normal" people who have tattoos - both men and women - and a great number of them - even those tattoo sleeves: These used to be for drug dealers and prostitutes and lower class people. But since the '90s, it seems college educated people born after 1984 get them. :idunno: To me, it seems a form of self-mutilation......

Green-and-blue-Sleeve-Tattoo-Designs-For-Women.jpg

I guess it's just a question of taste then. I personally find the tattoo pic rather artistically done although the woman would be undoubtedly pretty with or without. I'm not a fan of excessive tattoos, especially where it comes to any on the face or a load on the hands but I have no problem with them on principle at all.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Maybe if you poured some whiskey down my throat on a camping trip and covered my eyes with smoke, i might think they are ok looking...

What a weird thing to say granite.

Poll question:

Are visible tats visually appealing?

Yes, depending.

Next silly question.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think most of us can agree that "tramp stamps" are like the reverse of a gold ring in a pig's snout. It totally ruins the image of an otherwise attractive woman.

Not by much, though... right?? :DK:
My 34th birthday was last Tuesday.

Oh yeah. I think if I had gotten something more like Jesus, people may have been really confused. :crackup: I really enjoy the american traditional look, so that's the type of piece I wanted. He may or may not have tattoos on his face and neck, also. :chuckle:
:chuckle:

zoo22

No not at all. Some folks like tattoos, some people don't, and for any number of different reasons. No problem. And some people are holier-than-thou judgemental busybodies that just want to come down on other people. Like when that busybody was making judgemental comments about your makeup. As far as I'm concerned, they can jump in a lake. Or better yet, throw some stones at themselves.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No not at all. Some folks like tattoos, some people don't, and for any number of different reasons. No problem. And some people are holier-than-thou judgemental busybodies that just want to come down on other people. Like when that busybody was making judgemental comments about your makeup.
Yep.
I like what I like.

As far as I'm concerned, they can jump in a lake. Or better yet, throw some stones at themselves.
How about if I just go ahead and push them into the lake? They are already all wet anyway.