Tattoos

Tattoos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

If they want to they can, but it's definitely not required in order to participate in the thread.

Buzzword

The question is too vague.
Tattoos which have a deeper meaning for the person, or are a unique work of art, are appealing to me.

For example, my wife received a tattoo of a treble clef encircling a heart this past summer because she was about to start her career as a music teacher.
Another example are family crests (especially if it is a familial tradition to wear it on one's body), or the names or symbolic representations of deceased loved ones.

What I personally DON'T find appealing are tattoos purchased on a whim, on a dare, or while intoxicated.
Marking oneself permanently as a result of a temporary situation is never advisable.

It also bothers me that too many people seem incapable of just having ONE.
They get their first one for a specific, deeper purpose, then get another for a more shallow reason, then another "just cuz" and on and on.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some.

It depends where they are and the size. Oh, and how many.

musterion

The sub-question is, Do visible tats do anything for a woman's appearance?

I say, Most Definitely! They detract from an attractive woman's looks and make an unattractive woman even more so. Just my opinion.

musterion

The question is too vague.
Tattoos which have a deeper meaning for the person, or are a unique work of art, are appealing to me.

For example, my wife received a tattoo of a treble clef encircling a heart this past summer because she was about to start her career as a music teacher.
Another example are family crests (especially if it is a familial tradition to wear it on one's body), or the names or symbolic representations of deceased loved ones.

What I personally DON'T find appealing are tattoos purchased on a whim, on a dare, or while intoxicated.
Marking oneself permanently as a result of a temporary situation is never advisable.

It also bothers me that too many people seem incapable of just having ONE.
They get their first one for a specific, deeper purpose, then get another for a more shallow reason, then another "just cuz" and on and on.

I understood your position upon seeing the 'yes' vote.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think they add any appeal whatsoever.

I would prefer a man with none. When I see one with a tattoo, I usually feel like scrubbing them down with a wash cloth.

musterion

I can understand (sort of) the old timer's USN or Airborne tat on the forearm or bicep; it actually MEANS something and, one can argue, is earned. I almost got one but never got around to it.

It's the barbed wire, oriental characters, faux-tribe markings and buttcrack stamps that are a statement of...what, exactly? Bold individuality? Or a sheep following a life-scarring fad?

GFR7

I say, Most Definitely! They detract from an attractive woman's looks and make an unattractive woman even more so. Just my opinion.
AGREED -I've been surprised at the amount of "normal" people who have tattoos - both men and women - and a great number of them - even those tattoo sleeves: These used to be for drug dealers and prostitutes and lower class people. But since the '90s, it seems college educated people born after 1984 get them. :idunno: To me, it seems a form of self-mutilation......

Green-and-blue-Sleeve-Tattoo-Designs-For-Women.jpg

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
DEETSTAT_zpsd21bd4b4.jpg

I'm on the left with the hat, the hand tattoos, and the budweiser. In response to the OP, I don't care if someone has tattoos or not. Some women with tattoos are more attractive because of them, some are not. Some women without tattoos are beautiful, and could be more so with, some wouldn't look as beautiful. We are all individuals who express ourselves differently, and thats cool with me. :cheers:

*edit... I've got around 80 hours of tattoos so far, and I don't mind answering questions for some of you who may not be comfortable asking questions to someone on the street. :D

heir

TOL Subscriber
She should wear a pretty blouse instead. If it ends up losing it's shape and it starts to sag she can throw it away; she's not stuck with it. :)

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I've seen how they age. Some mag look really cool while they are new, but 50 or so years down the road they will look terrible. I can't get that out of my mind so they lose their appeal.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I've seen how they age. Some mag look really cool while they are new, but 50 or so years down the road they will look terrible. I can't get that out of my mind so they lose their appeal.
exactly why women should go to the mall for a blouse and not the tat shop

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She should wear a pretty blouse instead. If it ends up losing it's shape and it starts to sag she can throw it away; she's not stuck with it. :)
Good point.

I don't have anything against tats, per se.
I just personally do not see the appeal in them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DEETSTAT_zpsd21bd4b4.jpg

I'm on the left with the hat, the hand tattoos, and the budweiser.
I recognize you from other pics you've posted in the past.

Now, where's my washcloth?
hehe!

And what's with the "atheist" bit?
I'm gonna have to wash your brain too.

Anyway, how's the baby?