Suggestions for the TOL Topic of the Day

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Nope but my in-laws are. My family makes a regular trip up to Toronto about twice a year.

The common law relationships in Canada came up when I mentioned some of my stepfamily here in the states. One pair had four kids together (never married) and then the lady skipped off and is now having another kid with the in-law of the first baby daddy. It's a regular Maury Povich show.

Thankfully, they're not blood relation.

I probably have more friends on the other side of the border than this side - most of them small town, rural type folk. I'll have to remember to ask them what they think about that sort of thing when I see them next. They'll probably say it's a city thing. :chuckle:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
like all bullies, town tries to defend his abusive behavior by blaming the victim:
She got better than what she gave.

I ask a question that most Christians would have no problem answering:
and as a fellow human being, as a follower of Christ?

What did she deserve from one who claims to be a brother in Christ?

town attempts desperately to turn the discussion away from his abusive behavior:
Like being lectured on table manners by a cannibal. You routinely deny the salvation of others for little more than the sating of a personal spite. Now you're going to reinvest it to interject a criticism with the momentary credit? Your idea of witness to the unsaved involves interjecting your joy at the prospect of their eternal suffering. You're a cancer, bearing false witness, defaming and dividing the Body and an impediment to the unsaved.

So thanks, but no thanks. I don't take character analysis from those without any demonstrable evidence of possessing it.

looks like you've been taking lessons from barbie :nono:

Christian Liberty

You know, Nick, on the topics where you agree with libertarians, you REALLY agree with us. If you came around on foreign policy you might almost be there:)

I prefer chocolate but seeing as this isn't a political or religious issue, I don't really care.
Eliminated

I agree

Eliminated

Also agreed.

There shouldn't be public schools

Amen.

Not anymore.

Constitutionally speaking, the Framers did not provide for this to be a "Christian" nation or otherwise at the Federal level, but they didn't prohibit the states from doing that either.

Trash pickup and putting the trash underground and burying is recycling. Everybody recycles. Some like me just don't participate in the redistribution of money.

Amen.

Depends on the purpose.

Unless its clearly a transgender type thing I don't see how it could ever be WRONG, though it could be frivolous.

Executing offenders as God says would put a stop to it quickly.

Assuming certainty of guilt, I'm fine with this, although I don't remember if this penalty was ever given in the Old Testament or not.

In real life, considering guilt is rarely certain and appeals cost more than even life imprisonment does, I'd prefer lifetime banishing to a penal colony for this as well as murder.

Sure. Lots of information has been gathered from adult stem cells.

True.

No, just the individual members.

Why are individual income taxes OK either?

1 Samuel 8 makes it very clear that the rate must be less than 10%. my ideal is for it to be much, much lower. Remember that during the Revolutionary War, Britain was only taxing the average American about 1% of his income.

Christian Liberty

Where do you get that idea?

Sorry I missed this for like a month. I admit, I don't actually KNOW this. But I see no indication whatsoever in the Bible that Christians will somehow avoid the tribulation.

If you could show me where you think the Bible teaches that, I can tell you why I think otherwise. Its kind of hard to prove a negative.

BTW: regarding the OP, I'd like to nominate the below thread:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3580671#post3580671

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IF you believe and claim that something or someone is evil/supports evil ... is it ever okay to financially/personally profit from it?

Example ... Hanoi Jane (Fonda). Would you view one of her movies if you find her past actions reprehensible?

OJ (and other objectionable authors) ... would/should you buy and read his book?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not sure if this has been done or not (if so, please disregard) ...

IF you could run TOL (temporarily or indefinitely) what changes would you make?

Examples ... features/memberships/moderators/rules

TimLutz

Judgemental exposed.
Only God knows the heart, motive. We cannot know the handicap of circumstances.
To call someone out on their actions. As in stealing. Is not being judgemental. Calling someone a thief is dangerous, Matthew 5:22.
And for someone who had been found at fault for stealing to want to be an accountant, well... And to avoid bad examples in the church. Look to what Jesus told us to do in Matthew chapter 18.

Posted from the TOL App!