STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BELIEVER TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

Hey, Stuu, I'll be back in a few hours to see if you've laid another rotten egg.
Hey, that was a good joke. Starved of blood by life preserver...

I think it is a particularly good metaphor for christianity, too.

But I never like the way Americans seem to need to have the jokes explained after the punchline, so no more.

Stuart

Stuu

Yeah, I noticed you were here, all WEAK.
I find this thread quite amusing, and I'm sure Stephen Hawking would have as well.
Here you are, setting up a kind of memorial to one of the most well-known scientists of all time, but then predictably supplying exactly the kind of 'he discovered god on his deathbed' trolling that famous atheists predict will happen when they die. It was done to Charles Darwin, and Christopher Hitchens, and no doubt will be done to any number of public atheists.

And then, you complain about the responses you get from people who seem to disagree with you.

It looks to me like you see yourself as the person to pronounce judgement: the number of neg reps you deal out to people and the very judgmental tone you take makes me think you see yourself as your god's great enforcer.

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I find this thread quite amusing, and I'm sure Stephen Hawking would have as well.
Here you are, setting up a kind of memorial to one of the most well-known scientists of all time, but then predictably supplying exactly the kind of 'he discovered god on his deathbed' trolling that famous atheists predict will happen when they die. It was done to Charles Darwin, and Christopher Hitchens, and no doubt will be done to any number of public atheists.

And then, you complain about the responses you get from people who seem to disagree with you.

It looks to me like you see yourself as the person to pronounce judgement: the number of neg reps you deal out to people and the very judgmental tone you take makes me think you see yourself as your god's great enforcer.

Stuart

Although I'm not crazy about your conclusions, I readily admit, relishing the fact that you're more than willing to involve yourself in 'Verbal-fisticuffs' with 'Old GM.' That, at least shows a modicum of passion, regarding the late Physicist, Steven Hawking. It is true, I have given you a few, rather sparse 'Neg-reps' in order to keep your opinions and views, relevant and focused. That you have shown offense to my chosen strategy shows how willing you are to humiliate yourself in almost any public venue. Your continued, fierce and ravaging posts appear to show your 'rabid' desire to bring about the early demise of this thread and to secure yourself as the number one, Steven Hawking proponent on this site/forum. You sound as if you're ready, able and willing to maintain the memory of Steven Hawking very much alive on TOL. I'm certain your fellow Atheists and Agnostics on this site, owe you a debt of gratitude for your unashamed and relentless pursuit to establish, Hawking as a prominent fixture in the area of 'Theorized Science' and 'unsubstantiated fictional ponderings.'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Stuu, Unfortunately for you, when it comes to a 'War of words,' you are stymied by your total lack of imagination when it comes to witty banter and the ability to articulate, not even, a minuscule amount of literary fortitude. Your attempt to sound as if you're, somehow, in the upper echelon of the intelligentsia, is, remarkably ineffectual and uninspiring. It appears, the harder you TRY the less you accomplish? That, of course, is not a good sign. In fact, it reveals you as a person who tries to establish credibility while at the same time, defending the indefensible. I'm not without empathy regarding other people's shortcomings, which permits me to show a certain amount of patience when it comes to someone with an opposite opinion, then my own. I find people who readily use 'name calling' as a FIRST resort to be the worst kind of bore. In fact, if one's ONLY 'verbal/written, weapon of choice' is, name-calling, they've already lost the debate.

jaybird

Stuu is overboard about your typo. You spelled the last name wrong.

ohh i see now, bless his heart, i added the "S" on the name and it really confused him. lol now he thinks there is another famous scientist that died on the same day with same name.

Stuu

Although I'm not crazy about your conclusions, I readily admit, relishing the fact that you're more than willing to involve yourself in 'Verbal-fisticuffs' with 'Old GM.' That, at least shows a modicum of passion, regarding the late Physicist, Steven Hawking. It is true, I have given you a few, rather sparse 'Neg-reps' in order to keep your opinions and views, relevant and focused. That you have shown offense to my chosen strategy shows how willing you are to humiliate yourself in almost any public venue. Your continued, fierce and ravaging posts appear to show your 'rabid' desire to bring about the early demise of this thread and to secure yourself as the number one, Steven Hawking proponent on this site/forum. You sound as if you're ready, able and willing to maintain the memory of Steven Hawking very much alive on TOL. I'm certain your fellow Atheists and Agnostics on this site, owe you a debt of gratitude for your unashamed and relentless pursuit to establish, Hawking as a prominent fixture in the area of 'Theorized Science' and 'unsubstantiated fictional ponderings.'
Perhaps I should feel honoured that you pass on to me, Stuart, the judgement of your god as you have interpreted it. It is a lucky god to have you as its henchman at times like these.

Stuart

God's Truth

Perhaps I should feel honoured that you pass on to me, Stuart, the judgement of your god as you have interpreted it. It is a lucky god to have you as its henchman at times like these.

Stuart

It's real creepy that there are Christians who think they are saved and can be as rotten as they please; and that God even wants them to!

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Stuart

Your total lack of discernment regarding the world about you is rather alarming.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's real creepy that there are Christians who think they are saved and can be as rotten as they please; and that God even wants them to!

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

Of which Christians do you speak of?

Stuu

Your total lack of discernment regarding the world about you is rather alarming.
It's not me believing in an impossible conspiracy of invisible friends running the universe. I think you would imagine to be unhinged a person who was dedicated to the reality of, say, the events depicted in the TV show Star Trek. But what should that person think of your reality?

Stuart

Stuu

ohh i see now, bless his heart, i added the "S" on the name and it really confused him. lol now he thinks there is another famous scientist that died on the same day with same name.
Richard Dawkins complains people keep confusing him with Stephen Hawking

Richard Dawkins tweeted:

Many excellent young science graduates would give their all for a job in television. So where did a leading TV company find the “Editorial Producer” who just invited to me “to talk to us about the life and legacy of your colleague Richard Hawkins”?

Now another TV producer wants me to talk about “the death of Professor Hawkins.” I heard Prince Philip make the same mistake when presenting Professor Hawking with a big medal. Once, after a talk at a Lit Fest, the first question I got was “Why aren’t you in your wheelchair?”

So the spelling can matter...

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's not me believing in an impossible conspiracy of invisible friends running the universe. I think you would imagine to be unhinged a person who was dedicated to the reality of, say, the events depicted in the TV show Star Trek. But what should that person think of your reality?

Stuart

In my opinion, it takes MORE faith to believe that EVERYTHING was created by NOTHING, than, it does to believe, something created EVERYTHING. I guess, in this case, I don't have as much faith as the Atheists have?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As a side note; Stuu's opinions don't seem to be very popular on TOL. He's been here since 2008, yet, he's only garnered '107' Pos-reps? I suppose that says a lot about his opinions, huh?

Stuu

In my opinion, it takes MORE faith to believe that EVERYTHING was created by NOTHING, than, it does to believe, something created EVERYTHING. I guess, in this case, I don't have as much faith as the Atheists have?
So you still have the something that created EVERYTHING: where did that come from?

Did an invisible friend create the invisible friend?

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So you still have the something that created EVERYTHING: where did that come from?

Did an invisible friend create the invisible friend?

Stuart

I feel like I'm communicating with a sixteen-year-old with a learning disorder? So, I'll no longer, indulge you. Henceforth, I'm placing you on my "hi:rotfl:" list. That will be my only response to you from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.