STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BELIEVER TODAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Steven Hawking died today. He was a very famous modern Physicist. He was known to be extremely intelligent, except, for one thing, he died an atheist and therefore, is, at this moment in time, suffering in Hell. Hell is a place where the people who died without Christ, will be a resident until they are brought before, God the Father, during the time of the 'Final Judgement.'

Hawking, along with those who have rejected 'God's Grace' through the death and resurrection of Christ is in a temporary place of suffering as spoken of in Luke 16:19-31;

“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell[a] from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

To be honest SOME think this may be a Metaphor or some form of symbology. While others, such as myself, regard it as a LITERAL holding place for those who have died in their sins. The book of Revelation speaks about the 'final Judgement in Revelation 20:11-15;

Revelation 20:11-15 King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Steven Hawking died today. He was a very famous modern Physicist. He was known to be extremely intelligent, except, for one thing, he died an atheist and therefore, is, at this moment in time, suffering in Hell. Hell is a place where the people who died without Christ, will be a resident until they are brought before, God the Father, during the time of the 'Final Judgement.'

Hawking, along with those who have rejected 'God's Grace' through the death and resurrection of Christ is in a temporary place of suffering as spoken of in Luke 16:19-31;

“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell[a] from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

To be honest SOME think this may be a Metaphor or some form of symbology. While others, such as myself, regard it as a LITERAL holding place for those who have died in their sins. The book of Revelation speaks about the 'final Judgement in Revelation 20:11-15;

Revelation 20:11-15 King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth), 12-27. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

I hope for your sake that you have not believed a lie in anything.

Shalom.

יגקב

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
STEPHEN HAWKING IS A BELIEVER TODAY.

No more so than yesterday or the day before.

Actually, he is dead. That means his brain is no longer processing inputs and his spirit has returned to God who gave it.

In other words, the man is not conscious of anything.

The next instance in his life will be the resurrection, the primary opportunity for eternal life.

Eternal life is a gift.

Stuu

When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.

-Stephen Hawking

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.

-Stephen Hawking

Quite simply, he was wrong.

Stuu

Quite simply, he was wrong.
I think in the case of Stephen Hawking it would be worth thinking about what he said for longer than four minutes before dismissing him.

For example, have you read the book from which this is a quote, or can you actually mount a proper argument against him?

Stuart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No more so than yesterday or the day before.

Actually, he is dead. That means his brain is no longer processing inputs and his spirit has returned to God who gave it.

In other words, the man is not conscious of anything.

The next instance in his life will be the resurrection, the primary opportunity for eternal life.

Eternal life is a gift.

ONLY to those who hear the Gospel and place ALL of their faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth), 12-27. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

I hope for your sake that you have not believed a lie in anything.

Shalom.

יגקב

Hearing the Gospel and placing ALL my faith in Jesus Christ for my salvation and eternal life is ALL that I need. You NEED that same Gospel in order to inherit eternal life. Of course, it's your choice.

KingdomRose

Stephen Hawking is not conscious anywhere today. God says that a person really DIES, he does not go anywhere. To say that Hawking didn't die is siding with Satan's lie that "you surely will not die." (Genesis 3:4)

Ecclesiastes 9:5: "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything."

The parable in Luke 16 is not to be taken literally. It was Jesus' exposure of the Pharisees' lack of caring spiritually for the common people. They were hypocritical and irresponsible. The Rich Man pictured them. The Rich Man's sojourn in Hades was a picture of how the Pharisees felt about Jesus unveiling them as wicked. He never meant to teach a literal hell-fire. It was always symbolic when he mentioned fire.

The Lake of Fire is another example of metaphor, or, symbolism. (If "hell" and the "lake of fire" of Revelation 20:14 are speaking of a hell where people go when they die, how is it that "hell" is THROWN INTO itself?) This "fire" symbolizes complete destruction.....the end result of something having been burned up---completely gone. So Jesus wasn't saying that there is a literal fire, but wicked people are destroyed AS IF they had been completely burned up.

Whoever is not found written in the book of life will be totally gone....as if asleep forever.

Stephen Hawking is dead. He is not conscious anywhere else. There is no such thing as a real fire where people literally burn. "Hell" is taken from the word "Hades" which means THE GRAVE. Hawking is in his grave and will remain there until either Jesus resurrects him or not. If he was fit for Gehenna, he will just continue to "sleep."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think in the case of Stephen Hawking it would be worth thinking about what he said for longer than four minutes before dismissing him.

For example, have you read the book from which this is a quote, or can you actually mount a proper argument against him?

Stuart

I believe spending more time than it took to read what he said, would be an Exercise in Futility. In other words, enough time was extended.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Stephen Hawking is not conscious anywhere today. God says that a person really DIES, he does not go anywhere. To say that Hawking didn't die is siding with Satan's lie that "you surely will not die." (Genesis 3:4)

Ecclesiastes 9:5: "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything."

The parable in Luke 16 is not to be taken literally. It was Jesus' exposure of the Pharisees' lack of caring spiritually for the common people. They were hypocritical and irresponsible. The Rich Man pictured them. The Rich Man's sojourn in Hades was a picture of how the Pharisees felt about Jesus unveiling them as wicked. He never meant to teach a literal hell-fire. It was always symbolic when he mentioned fire.

The Lake of Fire is another example of metaphor, or, symbolism. (If "hell" and the "lake of fire" of Revelation 20:14 are speaking of a hell where people go when they die, how is it that "hell" is THROWN INTO itself?) This "fire" symbolizes complete destruction.....the end result of something having been burned up---completely gone. So Jesus wasn't saying that there is a literal fire, but wicked people are destroyed AS IF they had been completely burned up.

Whoever is not found written in the book of life will be totally gone....as if asleep forever.

Stephen Hawking is dead. He is not conscious anywhere else. There is no such thing as a real fire where people literally burn. "Hell" is taken from the word "Hades" which means THE GRAVE. Hawking is in his grave and will remain there until either Jesus resurrects him or not. If he was fit for Gehenna, he will just continue to "sleep."

Quite simply put, you're wrong.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hearing the Gospel and placing ALL my faith in Jesus Christ for my salvation and eternal life is ALL that I need. You NEED that same Gospel in order to inherit eternal life. Of course, it's your choice.

I have faith in God and in Jesus having believed the gospel of salvation. I have the free gift of eternal life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What 'unbelievers' don't realize is, the responsibility for the Christian ends, after they've shared the Gospel. Becoming a member of the "Body of Christ" is a Spiritual process that is accomplished by the Holy Spirit. Once the 'unbeliever' has heard the Gospel and rejected it, that's on them. They are the ones who will someday stand before God and judged by their WORKS and subsequently be cast into the 'Lake of Fire.' for eternity. Satan will be cast into the SAME 'Lake of Fire.' It's a place of unending torment and, you don't want to take a chance on ending up there. God has offered anyone who hears the Gospel and places their faith in Christ alone and not in themselves or anything else, forgiveness of ALL their sins and they'll inherit eternal life with Him, in Heaven. A 'true' Christian goes directly to be with God as soon as they die. The 'unbeliever' goes directly to Hades. (Hell)

Hades (Hell) is a place of torment where the 'unbeliever' will reside until they're brought before God at the final judgment. Like I said above, they'll be judged by their WORKS and subsequently cast into the "Lake of Fire" to suffer throughout eternity. Satan will be there, as well.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Good thread! Yes, Hawking is now a believer. Unfortunately for him (unless he accepted Christ as Savior) the door has been closed for all eternity. :-( {as in Matthew 25}

You say he was an atheist. Why do you say he is now a believer??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.