SOME PROOF OF CHRIST'S DIETY AND BEING THE CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Let's hear your personal testimony of how you became a child of God?
You're new on TOL and we don't know if you're a true believer or not?
What do you believe? We know that you enjoy judging others, however,
tell us a little more about your belief system?

The motive of your heart is not right, you're just looking for stones to throw and I'll pass, other than to say I believe the Word.

No, only impertinent bullies, who belittle others that they perceive as weak in some form or another, for fun. Peace

I'm gonna place you on ignore along with your mentor Keypurr. By,by.

Lon

Prove it if you can. God created his exact IMAGE, that destroys your eternity past statement. God was alone until he created his son, who is a spirit.

John 1:1-3;17:5 Hebrews 7:3,17; 13:8

:think:
Hebrews 1:8-10 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

10 And:

“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

God the Father calls His Son, God. God the Father also said,
that His Son laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens
are the work of Your hands.

If God Himself calls His Son, God Who among us can deny
Christ's Deity?

Lon

Bs"d

This is what God says:

" “Hear, O Israel: Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is one! 5 You shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Psalm 110:1
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
In the end, you must accept or reject the Lord Jesus Christ. A continual rejection of Him is your choice and cannot be another's. Matthew 23:37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

And according to WLJ, if anybody has the audacity to actually do this, then he is slimy and pathetic.
It is a rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

He prefers his own idols.
I don't have a human being as God; my God is Y-H-W-H who is one.
If we dictate beyond His own words, who He is, we too make idols. Isaiah 55:8-9 It comes down to whether God continued in the NT to tell who He was, or He did not. You are responsible for that information as a Jew.

Whoever He is, He dictates Himself, and we do not limit or qualify based on that Revelation. I empathize on this, but long ago came to the conclusion that I am NOT Him, and He will be what He is, regardless of my say. I believe the New Testament demands something more of us.

I don't know about your creator, but this is my Creator:

"And Y-H-W-H God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."
Gen 2:7
Colossians 1:16-18

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government is upon his shoulder, and his name was called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

These are things which had happened already in the days of Isaiah.

If, despite these facts, you still want to apply these verses to JC, than read verse 5, 6, and 7, and see that JC didn't do any of those things. He never ruled on the throne of David
He "Does" rule on the throne of David. It is an eternal throne. David's physical throne is gone. David's line is physically, gone, unless it is Christ. Psalms 110:4 Hebrews 7:17

Your sacrifices are physically gone, unless you trust in Christ. Leviticus 4:20
he never had any government on his shoulders,
Government IS on His shoulders Romans 13:1 Colossians 1:17
and there never was endless peace over his kingdom.
It never happened in Isaiah's time either. Think about that...
Psalm 72:7 Revelation 21:1,4 Isaiah 11:6

The Talmud explains that under the rule of the God fearing Hezekiah the Jewish kingdom rose to great heights, and that's why he was entitled to those impressive titles.
Isaiah 61:1 Luke 4:18,21
Jesus Christ was either lying or He was telling the truth. Your argument is with the New Testament. I am but a gentile. The New Testament is given to you Jews. It came to us gentiles, but it was/is your's first and you must wrestle with God over them. I cannot come between you and them.
Because of the fact that the name of the son is "Mighty God", (or "God is Mighty", both are possible translations) and "Eternals Father", the Christians deduce that the boy spoken about must have been God.
HOWEVER, a name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
:nono: I have ever thought the Rabbis weak on this point. It is a contrivance.

Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the child in Isaiah 9 wasn't God.
But NOT "Mighty God Everlasting Father."

Even so in Isaiah 9 the word "El" does not necessarily mean "God". Therefore the text in Isaiah 9 is in no way a proof that the child spoken about was God.
Isaiah even goes further, to say He is ALL of those names.

But people will find ways to justify their idolatry, and refrain from worshipping the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.
Yes. They will. The gospels were written to you Jews. We gentiles preserve and cherish them.
"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H.

Joshua 24:14-15
I do choose to serve Him. I do not know how to explain Isaiah 9:6 but I do not believe the rabbis did a good job of trying to explain it. The gospels, written to Jews, are a different commentary that do not agree with the former rabbis. You may esteem the former rabbis. You may not worship them or call their commentary the scripture of God. Only God may countermand the rabbis, but it appears to me, He has. Even some of the rabbis disagreed with the main of the others. Interpretation is fine. To make a god of those interpretations may very well be idolatry, in its own right, and probably often is.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would God be jealious of the son he created? He did not make another God, he made a form of God to do his work. Your statement does not make any sense friend.

This is God's work, not mans.
You just do not wish to think beyond your church box.

Now you even dispute God when He says that no other will be before him. Exodus 20:2-3

Reactions: Lon

keypurr

John 1:1-3;17:5 Hebrews 7:3,17; 13:8

:think:

I have done a lot of thinking Lon, I see things different from you. Jesus the Man and the son spirit that was in him have a God over thrm. I do not think you fully understand why I think that way. To do so would require you to open your mind to new thoughts. You can not do that.

God created his exact image, a spiritual son, the son of man. He created everything through this spirit son. When the time was right he sent this son to dwell in the body he prepared for him, Jesus.

Ponder on that for awhile and digest the idea that Jesus is only the skin on the true son of God. I wish you peace Lon, I respect your right to disagree, but you seem to only have partial truth.

keypurr

Now you even dispute God when He says that no other will be before him. Exodus 20:2-3

I am not the one who created another God, the church did that many years ago. There is only one true God, the Father, YHWH. CHRIST tells you that in John 17:3. Listen to him. Listen to the Apostle Paul when he says we have one God AND one Lord.

You have no clue what I have been trying to show you. Neither does GM.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one true God, the Father, YHWH. CHRIST tells you that in John 17:3.

When Jesus said that he was a mortal human. The Most High is neither mortal nor human. Christ's former glory that he gave up to become human was restored to him by a resurrection from the dead.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one true God, the Father, YHWH.

YHVH means self-existing, no one gave him life, it was inherent.

This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens... (Genesis 2:4 NKJV)​

The word "LORD" is a substitute term for YHVH, which means life inherent.

All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made. (John 1:3 NKJV)​

A young child could understand this, why do you choose to reject it?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not the one who created another God, the church did that many years ago. There is only one true God, the Father, YHWH. CHRIST tells you that in John 17:3. Listen to him. Listen to the Apostle Paul when he says we have one God AND one Lord.

You have no clue what I have been trying to show you. Neither does GM.

You truly are a heretic. God has created NO OTHER gods

keypurr

When Jesus said that he was a mortal human. The Most High is neither mortal nor human. Christ's former glory that he gave up to become human was restored to him by a resurrection from the dead.

If you say that the son (Christ), not Jesus, is a spirit I will agree.
Jesus the human did not exist until he was born.
Jesus Christ is NOT the most high.

keypurr

YHVH means self-existing, no one gave him life, it was inherent.

This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens... (Genesis 2:4 NKJV)​

The word "LORD" is a substitute term for YHVH, which means life inherent.

All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made. (John 1:3 NKJV)​

A young child could understand this, why do you choose to reject it?

Where did I say I rejected it?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Listen to the Apostle Paul when he says we have one God AND one Lord.

We have one president who is the government CEO, but he is not the only American.

We have one Most High God who is CEO over all that exists, but he is not the only Spirit. We have one general manager who reports to the CEO and he directly supervises us.

:salute:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where did I say I rejected it?

Oh, so you acknowledge Jesus Christ is YHVH and that he will give us immortality?

...as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
(John 17:2 NKJV)​

keypurr

You truly are a heretic. God has created NO OTHER gods

It is you who says that Jesus is God, not me.
It is you that says there are more than one God.
I agree with Jesus that only his Father is the true God.

Jesus Christ is a FORM of God, not God.

Status
Not open for further replies.