SOME PROOF OF CHRIST'S DIETY AND BEING THE CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I learned that the scriptures do not teach the Trinity doctrine because I humbled myself and studied the scriptures for the truth.

You haven't learned how to humble yourself yet, have you?

You are looking at it backwards, just as you were taught to do.

You are not supposed to come up with a "truth about God" through vain philosophy and then use scripture to support it.

You are supposed to put aside your preconceived notions about God and let scripture teach you about Him.

Didn't I hear that you were a Unitarian?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
G.O. I totally understand that your're a problem child of sort? Is
this not so? No offense intended. I just like to know what I'm dealing with.
You can fully understand that, right?

Lon

Why do you post verses that do not support the Trinity doctrine?

If you think the verses you posted support the Trinity doctrine, maybe you should take Remedial Reading 090 and try to get something higher than a "D".
Yeah, I'm not really impressed with you :nono: I've taught English/Language Arts. You? :nono:

If you can show me where you think the Bible says we must understand the nature of God (as opposed to fearing Him, worshipping Him, and obeying Him) to be saved, then please go right ahead and post the scriptures.
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Psalm 2:12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Arians and Unitarians are oddballs with little language skills yet something strange in their heads that make them think they are 'more special' than not studying hard allows :(

genuineoriginal

G.O. I totally understand that your're a problem child of sort? Is this not so?
Are you projecting your faults onto me?

No offense intended. I just like to know what I'm dealing with. You can fully understand that, right?
No, I don't understand why you are trying to find a label other than what I have provided.

If you want to label me, call me a scripturalist

_____
scripturalist

1: one who derives his religious beliefs and general philosophy of life from a body of scripture teaching a single harmonious system of doctrine
2: one learned in or a devoted student of a body of scripture
_____​

Whenever there is a disputed doctrine, such as the doctrine of the Trinity that has been disputed for 1700 years, I turn to the scriptures and check for whether that doctrine is taught in the scriptures, as opposed to the people that check to see if it can be supported by the scriptures.

I am therefore able to see how much support there is for Unitarianism (a lot, so there is no shame in believing it), Binitarianism (some significant points, enough to justify believing it), and Trinitarianism (almost none, not enough to support believing it).

The Bible does teach that the Father is the only true God and that we are to honor Him as such.
The Bible does not teach that we are to treat Jesus as if He is God, but it does say that the Father raised Jesus up higher than the angels.

If you want to believe Jesus is God Himself along with the Father, then there is probably no harm in you doing that, even though scripture teaches us to worship the Father as higher than Jesus.

If you want to teach others that they are not saved or not believers or not Christians (followers of the Messiah) because they do not believe in the Trinity, then there is great harm in that.

genuineoriginal

If you can show me where you think the Bible says we must understand the nature of God (as opposed to fearing Him, worshipping Him, and obeying Him) to be saved, then please go right ahead and post the scriptures.
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 5:23
that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Psalm 2:12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
You posted scriptures that have nothing to do with what I wrote.

If you still believe you are a teacher, why don't you show exactly where the verses you posted say we must understand the nature of God in order to be saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you projecting your faults onto me?

No, I don't understand why you are trying to find a label other than what I have provided.

If you want to label me, call me a scripturalist

_____
scripturalist

1: one who derives his religious beliefs and general philosophy of life from a body of scripture teaching a single harmonious system of doctrine
2: one learned in or a devoted student of a body of scripture
_____​

Whenever there is a disputed doctrine, such as the doctrine of the Trinity that has been disputed for 1700 years, I turn to the scriptures and check for whether that doctrine is taught in the scriptures, as opposed to the people that check to see if it can be supported by the scriptures.

I am therefore able to see how much support there is for Unitarianism (a lot, so there is no shame in believing it), Binitarianism (some significant points, enough to justify believing it), and Trinitarianism (almost none, not enough to support believing it).

The Bible does teach that the Father is the only true God and that we are to honor Him as such.
The Bible does not teach that we are to treat Jesus as if He is God, but it does say that the Father raised Jesus up higher than the angels.

If you want to believe Jesus is God Himself along with the Father, then there is probably no harm in you doing that, even though scripture teaches us to worship the Father as higher than Jesus.

If you want to teach others that they are not saved or not believers or not Christians (followers of the Messiah) because they do not believe in the Trinity, then there is great harm in that.

Do you feel confidant enough to give a public testimony of how you
came to know Christ as your Savior? How did you become a child of
God? What influence did the Holy Spirit have on your coming to Christ?
Most won't give such a testimony for a few reasons:

1) They're not a true believer?
2) They don't know how to articulate their conversion?
3) The question makes them angry?
4) The question makes them flee?
5) They're too arrogant?

Can you give your public testimony of how you came to Christ?

theophilus

You obviously do not know what the Trinity is. The Trinity is One God, three separate beings, Bingo. What did you think it was?

Hey "Reverend" Jakes...you know that's modalism, right? Which is not the same as three, eternal coexistent persons.

Coexistent does not equal separate.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, your version of the Trinity is one of the versions condemned as heretical?

This is from an accepted source that describes the Trinity:
_____
What is the Trinity?
But in God there are not three entities nor three beings.
_____​
I think BR knows this. His "three beings" was infelicitous in the heat of the moment.

AMR

Lon

Lon, if you are as great at comprehending what is written as you claim you are, why don't you put aside your preconceived ideas and actually read the Bible for what it actually says.
Scripture demands a triune view. It is as simple and as complicated as that.
You posted scriptures that have nothing to do with what I wrote.
Yeah. They did.
If you still believe you are a teacher
:doh: Master's degree hanging on the wall, paycheck stubbs....hello?

why don't you show exactly where the verses you posted say we must understand the nature of God in order to be saved.

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

Arians and Unitarians are oddballs with little language skills yet something strange in their heads that make them think they are 'more special' than not studying hard allows :(
Aren't they self-explanatory? Read each one, one at a time.

If you dis-honor the Son, and Father (John 5) what does that lead to (Psalm 2)?

Matthew 7:22-23 Jesus will say "I never knew you," and that to people that thought they were His followers. This is no trivial matter. It is a grave matter that we cannot treat lightly.

musterion

G.O., sorry to pesk but did you address this? If so please share post #.

attachment.php

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21350&d=1452563941

Reactions: Lon
Status
Not open for further replies.