SOME PROOF OF CHRIST'S DIETY AND BEING THE CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And, here I was being merciful on them. I was treating them
with Kid gloves. However, they still packed their bags and
headed out of Dodge.

genuineoriginal

Yeah, you both think like heretics.
I see your definition of "heretic" is "someone that believes the scriptures instead of the doctrines of men".

Acts 24:14-15
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.​

genuineoriginal

I just noticed that, when I started to use my mighty "WIT," they all
ran for the hills. Obviously, they're no match for GM.
They never stood a chance anyway. Poor fellas.
It is true that you have much more experience than we do in this kind of argument.
Spoiler
6c446b8f8bb47e7b4afe8fb2712622fb.jpg

musterion

θεῖος theios - a general name of deities or divinities as used by the Greeks

θειότης theiotēs - divinity, divine nature

θεότης theotēs - deity

That is what Thayers says about the words translated as godhead.

Thayer denied the concept of the Trinity, did he not? I've seen it claimed but figure you'd know for sure.

Lon

A general name for God, I'm assuming? It seems to me that Paul has more than that in mind simply by the way he uses the word. THE GODHEAD. This comes after our Lord was revealed as God with us, and after the Holy Spirit came to dwell in us. What did Paul know that those before Christ came did not seem to understand?

Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Yes, and GeO only posted a limited scope of Thayer's writing. Thayer said that the Godhead was the state of 'being God.' θεότητος means literally 'being God.' Thus Colossians 2 says that all of the being of who God is, is Christ.
Thayer denied the concept of the Trinity, did he not? I've seen it claimed but figure you'd know for sure.
He and others have wrestled with the accuracy of scripture, but not the deity of Christ that I'm aware of. GeO doesn't realize Thayer was saying Jesus was the being God.

Lon

If all you have is name calling and blind belief in a non-scriptural doctrine, you are not doing very well.

If you can show me where you think the Bible says we must understand the nature of God (as opposed to fearing Him, worshipping Him, and obeying Him) to be saved, then please go right ahead and post the scriptures.
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 5:23
that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Psalm 2:12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
It doesn't matter which Scriptures posters show you, you'll misinterpret it in accordance with your heretical mindset.
Likely but scripture will accuse the wrong and uphold the right. Arians and Unitarians are oddballs with little language skills yet something strange in their heads that make them think they are 'more special' than not studying hard allows :(

Lon

It is amazing how resistant the Pharisees (you) are to correction.
Not to mention 'smarter'.... a small handful of wanna-bees isn't going to ever do much but appeal to the uneducated and socially awkward. Because of that, I think God can love a weirdo cultist, but I have to think He is going to provide correction:
Hebrews 12:5-8 Don't be so prideful and arrogant that you can no longer be taught. Or go ahead, but it is foolish and has every appearance of 'not too bright though.' I generally don't do these threads, but to support those who are trying to use scripture to support a truth about God. I generally only see you Arians/Unitarians when others quote you because I choose to ignore that which is painfully obvious as ignorant, purposefully or not.

musterion

He and others have wrestled with the accuracy of scripture, but not the deity of Christ that I'm aware of. GeO doesn't realize Thayer was saying Jesus was the being God

I've read mixed reports on it but don't own anything of Thayer to check for myself. I do remember something about the Watchtower citing him favorably but don't know precisely why.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

By the way, check the link below and look at the post from August 21st at 12:58 that mentions someone named Nazaroo. Same guy or coincidence? Interesting discussion there, too.

http://bibleversiondiscussionboard.yuku.com/topic/4634/Is-Thayer-getting-a-bum-rap
Great! Thank you.

I've read mixed reports on it but don't own anything of Thayer to check for myself. I do remember something about the Watchtower citing him favorably but don't know precisely why.
I've seen GeO's quotes given by them, but they aren't recognizing the actual Greek discussion. Thayer said the root word was 'deity' but the suffix makes it 'being' deity (theo God).

genuineoriginal

If you can show me where you think the Bible says we must understand the nature of God (as opposed to fearing Him, worshiping Him, and obeying Him) to be saved, then please go right ahead and post the scriptures.
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Philippians 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 5:23
that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
Psalm 2:12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Why do you post verses that do not support the Trinity doctrine?

If you think the verses you posted support the Trinity doctrine, maybe you should take Remedial Reading 090 and try to get something higher than a "D".

genuineoriginal

Don't be so prideful and arrogant that you can no longer be taught.
I learned that the scriptures do not teach the Trinity doctrine because I humbled myself and studied the scriptures for the truth.

You haven't learned how to humble yourself yet, have you?

I generally don't do these threads, but to support those who are trying to use scripture to support a truth about God.
You are looking at it backwards, just as you were taught to do.

You are not supposed to come up with a "truth about God" through vain philosophy and then use scripture to support it.

You are supposed to put aside your preconceived notions about God and let scripture teach you about Him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why do you post verses that do not support the Trinity doctrine?

If you think the verses you posted support the Trinity doctrine, maybe you should take Remedial Reading 090 and try to get something higher than a "D".

Looks as if you're posting to yourself? And, that would make perfect sense. Some posters have a tendency to talk to themselves, no doubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.