Some Jerk Brought TNP to ToL

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
the problem is, you moron, that Clete is talking about God's Law

and you, moron that you are, are talking about man's law

I forget (over look) the fact that many are unable to understand this.

I don't know how much clearer I can be! I've stated repeatedly that vigilantism is unjust and so what is it that they think I'm suggesting other than that I believe that God got it right when He said to execute homosexuals the same way He got it right when He said to execute murderers?

I happen to believe that I AM NOT as smart or as wise or as merciful or as just as God is. I trust implicitly that God knows the right way to do things and that we would do well to follow Him and to practice justice as He has described it.

Do I think that this country will ever do so? Certainly not. But does that mean I shouldn't advocate justice? Does that mean I should sit by and watch while something as evil and destructive as sexual perversion is turned into something that is considered good and admirable? Absolutely not!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I do not agree with the hardline judgment of homosexuals, but I liked your post, because you didn't express a desire to round them up and kill them.

I'm not certain if people realize how sufficient God's grace is.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Where has anyone expressed such a desire?

And on what basis do you disagree with what God's word says ought to be done with homosexuals?

Do you also disagree with the hardline judging of murderers and rapists or is it just homos you think we ought to be nice to?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Who's Blood is the issue NOW, though?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Admittedly... I would really have to focus on all that were I to encounter a pedophile in the middle of his heinous act against a child.

How anyone can allow themselves to act on such an impulse - to so easily destroy the preciousness of our greatest joy - our children...

Admittedly, my first impulse in the face of that is that other joy - the joy of swinging a baseball bat with everything in me and then some...

Thing is; one does not find the Apostle Paul going on about much of these issues.

And he ministered far and wide within the mighty Roman Empire.

An empire in which what we are only seeing a very miniscule glimpse of had become the accepted norm at all levels of society.

Human trafficking; rampant, out in the open pedophilia; rampant hetero and homosexual prostitution and or households; murder for sport; you name it; it was all the accepted norm.

And yet, very little on any of that by the Apostle of the Gentiles.

The above passages, and then some; is why.

Where was God's voice in Lot at Sodom and Gomorrah?

Bad enough the guy could have stood even living in such a foul place.

Where was God's voice?

I suspect it was right there in what the Apostle Paul would reiterate centuries later in Romans 1 and 2.

Oh but that baseball bat o how it calls out every fiber of my being...

Admittedly...

As for homosexuals; well that is on them; they are the ones consenting with one another...

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Until the wrath to come, resulting in...

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

You like the idea of a baseball bat because you intuitively understand justice.

Proverbs 21:15 When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.​

And as for what Paul did or didn't say about specific issues, one must keep in mind that his writings are not about social issues or about criminal justice and so one shouldn't expect a great deal of discussion on those issues.

That isn't to say that he was completely silent on such things however (some of which you already alluded too)...

Romans 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

1 Timothy 1:8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I forget (over look) the fact that many are unable to understand this.
It's an easy qualification to make at the outset. Given your factually errant remarks relating to the age of consent, which is a purely legal question, if you're mixing one consideration with another it's up to you to qualify.

I don't know how much clearer I can be! I've stated repeatedly that vigilantism is unjust and so what is it that they think I'm suggesting other than that I believe that God got it right when He said to execute homosexuals the same way He got it right when He said to execute murderers?
But you didn't make that declaration, Clete. I don't know who you thought believed you were advocating vigilantism. I never suggested it.

Here's what you actually wrote: "Homosexuality is a sin and a crime."

When I responded it is a sin but not a crime you didn't qualify your answer for the second time. And when, in that same response, I noted the role of our secular republic you didn't qualify it again, instead doing the one-off, "Why should I care what you think?" Or, when met with a clear context that only required you to qualify your remarks contextually you didn't. Given that and your consideration of the age of consent it was reasonable to continue with a rebuttal at law.

I happen to believe that I AM NOT as smart or as wise or as merciful or as just as God is. I trust implicitly that God knows the right way to do things and that we would do well to follow Him and to practice justice as He has described it.
I don't think you're as smart, wise or merciful as God either. Do you think you're wiser, smarter and more merciful than everyone else? That's more the question. I don't practice all sorts of things God told the Jews to and do you know why? Because I'm not supposed to.

Do I think that this country will ever do so? Certainly not. But does that mean I shouldn't advocate justice? Does that mean I should sit by and watch while something as evil and destructive as sexual perversion is turned into something that is considered good and admirable? Absolutely not!
That's a lot of straw in the air, but no one is suggesting you have to condone homosexuality. Not that I've read. I'm certainly not. Call it a sin. It is. But don't go to the cafeteria of the OT and pick what suits you. If you're going to adopt the law in that form then you had better be prepared to meet all of it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not agree with the hardline judgment of homosexuals, but I liked your post, because you didn't express a desire to round them up and kill them.
What do you think of GOD telling Israel to do just that?

Leviticus 20:13 KJV
(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

Was it unloving for GOD to do that?

Danoh

You like the idea of a baseball bat because you intuitively understand justice.

Proverbs 21:15 When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.​

And as for what Paul did or didn't say about specific issues, one must keep in mind that his writings are not about social issues or about criminal justice and so one shouldn't expect a great deal of discussion on those issues.

That isn't to say that he was completely silent on such things however (some of which you already alluded too)...

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete; our understanding is obviously different on this issue.

The baseball bat thing has to do with my sense of morality against pedophiles.

Plenty of lost people have this same sense of morality.

It has to do with the society we are raised in.

In a cannibalistic society, for example; the late; sicko sodomite; psychopath: serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer; would have been viewed; not as a monster of a nightmare on society, but as a legendary warrior of a hunter who was a hog - who did not share his spoils with the tribe.

Same thing with the baseball bat; it is the moraility I was raised under.

It just so happens a large part of the society I was born into still holds that as "right."

The fact is that God set in motion only "one nation under God" in all of history, and it is not, never was, nor never will be this nevertheless great land of ours.

That nation of God's was in the Middle East. That nation will one day again be in the Middle East.

To throw that out as a Mid-Acts Dispy just because we take issue with some segment of the lost behaving like one should expect the lost to behave, breaks with the Mid-Acts distinction that God is not right now claiming real estate.

Plain and simple.

That is the Amillennial notion that the Body is to remoralize the world so that the Lord can return.

Chuck Colson's would be marriage of church and state nonsense all over again.

The Apostle Paul does deal with every moral and or societal issue.

When one thinks in principles, not in concrete; here it is in this verse here ideas.

Take addiction (or ANY compulsion, and or compulsion made habit "by reason of use") for example.

Romans 6 is "the treatment."

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Why, Clete; does the Apostle of the Gentiles raise the point that "sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace"?

What you and Enyart have failed to understand is why putting the ten commandments in schools was doomed to fail to begin with.

The Law proved what it was meant to - it's "thou shalt not" having been meant to show man that man cannot but do the opposite.

To what end?

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

You and Enyart want lost people to behave like the Scripture declares only saved people are empowered to - or else - with triple exclamation points.

That righteous killing of the sodomite under the Law was the issue of one more endless example of God's proving through the Law that no matter what standard God puts before man; together with serious threat not only included, but carried out; is bound to fail because - the Law is weak through the flesh.

The result, my saved; sealed; fellow Mid-Acts approach to Scripture brother in the Lord?

(God knows you and Enyart have been maligned enough by some of our so called own in their absolute nonsense in their ignorance)

The result the Law had intended?

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

That is Paul's point as to the lawful use of the Law in 1 Timothy 1.

The Law proves the sinner a sinner.

In need being "found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" Philippians 3:9.

There is much more to MAD than simply "we're not Israel" exclamation point, and I suspect you know this to one extent or another.

I suspect you know us MADs would do well to explore the "much more" of the Mystery; in contrast to the endless "we're not Israel" bashing so many of us on TOL waste our time on in post after post after post as if it is the Mid-Acts clock itself that is stopped on some sort of a "that is all there is..."

Respectfully, bro...

Eph. 4:16

Danoh

I'm not certain if people realize how sufficient God's grace is.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

What part of the practice homosexuality is "an abomination unto the LORD" is not clear to you?

Danoh

It's an easy qualification to make at the outset. Given your factually errant remarks relating to the age of consent, which is a purely legal question, if you're mixing one consideration with another it's up to you to qualify.

But you didn't make that declaration, Clete. I don't know who you thought believed you were advocating vigilantism. I never suggested it.

Here's what you actually wrote: "Homosexuality is a sin and a crime."

When I responded it is a sin but not a crime you didn't qualify your answer for the second time. And when, in that same response, I noted the role of our secular republic you didn't qualify it again, instead doing the one-off, "Why should I care what you think?" Or, when met with a clear context that only required you to qualify your remarks contextually you didn't. Given that and your consideration of the age of consent it was reasonable to continue with a rebuttal at law.

I don't think you're as smart, wise or merciful as God either. Do you think you're wiser, smarter and more merciful than everyone else? That's more the question. I don't practice all sorts of things God told the Jews to and do you know why? Because I'm not supposed to.

That's a lot of straw in the air, but no one is suggesting you have to condone homosexuality. Not that I've read. I'm certainly not. Call it a sin. It is. But don't go to the cafeteria of the OT and pick what suits you. If you're going to adopt the law in that form then you had better be prepared to meet all of it.

Many excellent points there; TH :thumb:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

What part of the practice homosexuality is "an abomination unto the LORD" is not clear to you?

The same part that states that "all sinners are equal in God's eyes" and equally in need of His redemption, that was rendered, while they were yet sinners.

It is preposterous to utilize the old covenant to condemn any sinner as lost, when the truthful acknowledge that they are without perfection, and equally in need of God.

Don't forget that the same God that allowed the Law of Moses, spoke the words of Hosea 6:6 and clarified them in a powerful way in Matthew 9:

Matthew 9:13 (HCSB)

13 Go and learn what this means: I desire mercy and not sacrifice. For I didn’t come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

With Pauls assertion that Moses condemns any person that breaks it at one point in totality, coupled with Christ's teachings that the stone goes beyond deed to the very merit of heart and soul's intent, we are all rendered guilty of every point of the 613 commands listed in all of Moses and accentuated in "the book of the law" that is highlighted in a literal sense in Deuteronomy 5 - Deuteronomy 31:26.

Galatians 3 drives this home.

It is odd that Christianity claims to follow Christ, but denies and skirts around His repeated words and parables against judging. If Jesus words were inapplicable to us, then why does Jesus say we live by every WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of God? After all, Jesus is the Word and the Words of God. Further more, Jesus IS God.

By the decree that breaking one point of Moses makes one guilty of every point of it in a totalitarian sense, those that step outside of grace are now guilty of all 613 laws. One of these, is the sin of homosexuality.

In a more simplified expression, those that condemn gays with Moses are gay themselves, in The eyes of God.

This means that Jesus really did come as spoken in John 3:16 - 17, and that He meant it when He said that He came for the sick and not the (interjecting theses words: self proclaimed) well.

Danoh

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Meaning...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

I keep getting the idea N.I.G. that you either believe homosexual acts are okay with God, or that you fear offending someone you greatly care about.

You obviously have not read the Scripture right on these issues.

Jesus was talking about judging a thing without warrant.

Even Paul writes in 1 Timothy that the Law was meant to be used "lawfully."

In other words that it is to be used as it was intended to be used - as a standard of what God views as a transgression against Him...or sin.

Look at the way I dealt with Clete in my above post to him, for example.

I was judging according to righteous judgment.

I was being fair in my words to him.

My words not against him.

By this I was fulfilling the Law of Christ - the principle of which is also mentioned in 1 Timothy 1.

You are simply wrong.

Many believers are off about this "judge not lest ye be judged" issue.

In their ignorance of the righteousness the Believer is called to look at things through, both as to oneself and others.

The Scripture is the mind of Christ on matters.

Where you are looking at these things is just another case of...

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The fact being...

2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Might as well throw our Bible's away; lest we offend those who's offense to God hurts their feelings.

Reminds me of a Rick Warren like assembly I once visited during their Thursday night study.

They were so huge that they were one thousand in attendence on what is normally a very slow day for most assemblies - study night.

Not one Bible was in evidence anywhere. Not one.

No "turn to your Bibles in..."

The pastor spoke from notes on a small piece of paper.

Afterwards; I asked one of their three dozen plus pastors how they presented the gospel of the grace of God without a Bible as their authority (judge righteous judgment)?

The guy actually replied that he had never thought about that - a pastor.

Just then, one of their "judge not lest ye be judged" members "Churhianity" is so overpopulated by overheard our conversation and rushed right over with "Hey - what are you insinuating; this place does a lot of good!!!"

His feelings were hurt by the very compromise all that ends up in, in a person.

Some forty different ministeries for evey ill out there but the only one that matters - that "the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Rom. 6:23.

You are wrong.

Plain and simple.

The Believer is both called to, and equipped with, the means of judging righteous judgment.

Scripture is clear that even if true, the lost soul will not be able to say "well; they hurt my feelings..."

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Love whomever it is you are so worried about offending; love them enough to present them with " THE OFFENSE of the Cross..."

Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Quit preaching compromise out of fear of offending the lost.

People are not as frail as you or they think they are.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

The best towards you in this issue...

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Meaning...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

I keep getting the idea N.I.G. that you either believe homosexual acts are okay with God, or that you fear offending someone you greatly care about.

You obviously have not read the Scripture right on these issues.

Jesus was talking about judging a thing without warrant.

Even Paul writes in 1 Timothy that the Law was meant to be used "lawfully."

In other words that it is to be used as it was intended to be used - as a standard of what God views as a transgression against Him...or sin.

Look at the way I dealt with Clete in my above post to him, for example.

I was judging according to righteous judgment.

I was being fair in my words to him.

My words not against him.

By this I was fulfilling the Law of Christ - the principle of which is also mentioned in 1 Timothy 1.

You are simply wrong.

Many believers are off about this "judge not lest ye be judged" issue.

In their ignorance of the righteousness the Believer is called to look at things through, both as to oneself and others.

The Scripture is the mind of Christ on matters.

Where you are looking at these things is just another case of...

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The fact being...

2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Might as well throw our Bible's away; lest we offend those who's offense to God hurts their feelings.

Reminds me of a Rick Warren like assembly I once visited during their Thursday night study.

They were so huge that they were one thousand in attendence on what is normally a very slow day for most assemblies - study night.

Not one Bible was in evidence anywhere. Not one.

No "turn to your Bibles in..."

The pastor spoke from notes on a small piece of paper.

Afterwards; I asked one of their three dozen plus pastors how they presented the gospel of the grace of God without a Bible as their authority (judge righteous judgment)?

The guy actually replied that he had never thought about that - a pastor.

Just then, one of their "judge not lest ye be judged" members "Churhianity" is so overpopulated by overheard our conversation and rushed right over with "Hey - what are you insinuating; this place does a lot of good!!!"

His feelings were hurt by the very compromise all that ends up in, in a person.

Some forty different ministeries for evey ill out there but the only one that matters - that "the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Rom. 6:23.

You are wrong.

Plain and simple.

The Believer is both called to, and equipped with, the means of judging righteous judgment.

Scripture is clear that even if true, the lost soul will not be able to say "well; they hurt my feelings..."

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Love whomever it is you are so worried about offending; love them enough to present them with " THE OFFENSE of the Cross..."

Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Quit preaching compromise out of fear of offending the lost.

People are not as frail as you or they think they are.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

The best towards you in this issue...

Danoh,

We fundamentally disagree on these core matters. To believe you are interpreting Pauls words in all of his writings as being in reference to circumcision or the lost is a perplexing matter to me.

Paul was clear that the truly lost "spiritually blind" could not understand his words.

He did say, that he wished those that continued to brandish circumcision through the Law of Moses would not just circumcise themselves, but cut the entire thing off.

Galatians 5

7 You were running well. Who prevented you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion did not come from the One who called you.

9 A little yeast leavens the whole lump of dough. 10 I have confidence in the Lord you will not accept any other view. But whoever it is that is confusing you will pay the penalty.

11 Now brothers, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12 I wish those who are disturbing you might also get themselves castrated!

........... Paul says this in context to people who Judge and condemn by the standard of Moses, instead of Loving and exemplifying the Fruits of the Spirit towards mankind and self, as prescribed in his 4 chapter (it turns into a thrashing in chapters 5 and 6) rant against the self righteous people that separated themselves from sinners and professed the same teachings as the Pharisees that railed against Christ to the point they cried "crucify Him" and said "we have no king, but Ceasar".

The leavening is the Law of Moses, not sin. The Pharisees of condemnation, sons of the devil, stand in the way of grace and Love.

You are welcome to counter any of my exposition of Galatians in 1 of 5 for GT.

I'm almost done with chapter 4.

So, again, I tell you, I take every word of our Servant, Lamb/Lion God, very seriously.

Do I have approval of men for saying that all humanity is equal in the eyes of God?

No!

I could build a mega church of brick and mortar, appeasing the ears of the self righteous, instead, I choose to follow Christ's example of Humble, Compassionate, Unconditional Love, void of judgment by Moses.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

What do you think of GOD telling Israel to do just that?

Leviticus 20:13 KJV
(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

Was it unloving for GOD to do that?

Old Wine...............

If you transgression against any point of this book of the law, it will testify against you and bring all of it's curses to you... Paraphrase from Deuteronomy 31.

The pictures contrast one another, in apposing order between the old wine and new wine, while the OT and NT passages at the bottom, directly answer your question.

29726886abbe3af55aa43db9ed38aa72.jpg

cf2d8d46f9ce3067992ea4dbc2e4b909.jpg

3fedeaceeb166e41f59007f288971aff.jpg

f953eec8661c5704a40f148b403096c2.jpg

4c518ad2ce2a53d286335b6eaeb70ea9_thumb.jpg

34b88acd0ccd6732f8d336d90e0a93ae.jpg

John 19 (HCSB)

30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” Then bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

New Wine

"A new Commandment I give you"

Matthew 9

15 Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests be sad while the groom is with them? The time will come when the groom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast. 16 No one patches an old garment with unshrunk cloth, because the patch pulls away from the garment and makes the tear worse. 17 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the skins burst, the wine spills out, and the skins are ruined. But they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.”

8b0018e899dd2f6181fff68913097710.jpg

e491cb032df8dd2b2a97757ce1ef33ce_thumb.jpg

6f6efc5319be45c55ca53e496051e98e.jpg

7784a92cbe038c01fa87b78dcc31aef7.jpg

86c5ce2873e3ac4a22ef078d7a9419db_thumb.jpg

b23196ca195f44c62a087c003f388640.jpg

Hosea 6 (HCSB)

A Call to Repentance

Come, let us return to the Lord.
For He has torn us,
and He will heal us;
He has wounded us,
and He will bind up our wounds.
2*
He will revive us after two days,
and on the third day He will raise us up
so we can live in His presence.
3*
Let us strive to know the Lord.
His appearance is as sure as the dawn.
He will come to us like the rain,
like the spring showers that water the land.

The Lord’s First Lament

4*
What am I going to do with you, Ephraim?
What am I going to do with you, Judah?
Your loyalty is like the morning mist
and like the early dew that vanishes.
5*
This is why I have used the prophets
to cut them down;
I have killed them with the words of My mouth.
My judgment strikes like lightning.
6*
For I desire loyalty and not sacrifice,the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
7*
But they, like Adam, have violated the covenant;
there they have betrayed Me.
8*
Gilead is a city of evildoers,tracked with bloody footprints.
9*
Like raiders who wait in ambush for someone,a band of priests murders on the road to Shechem.They commit atrocities.
10*
I have seen something horrible in the house of Israel:
Ephraim’s promiscuity is there; Israel is defiled.
11*
A harvest is also appointed for you, Judah.
When I return My people from captivity,

Matthew 9 (HCSB)

The Son of Man Forgives and Heals

9*So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own town. 2*Just then some men brought to Him a paralytic lying on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus told the paralytic, “Have courage, son, your sins are forgiven.”

3*At this, some of the scribes said among themselves, “He’s blaspheming!”

4*But perceiving their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why are you thinking evil things in your hearts? 5*For which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 6*But so you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—then He told the paralytic, “Get up, pick up your mat, and go home.” 7*And he got up and went home. 8*When the crowds saw this, they were awestruck and gave glory to God who had given such authority to men.

The Call of Matthew

9*As Jesus went on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office, and He said to him, “Follow Me!” So he got up and followed Him.
10*While He was reclining at the table in the house, many tax collectors and sinners came as guests to eat with Jesus and His disciples. 11*When the Pharisees saw this, they asked His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
12*But when He heard this, He said, “Those who are well don’t need a doctor, but the sick do. 13*Go and learn what this means: I desire mercy and not sacrifice. For I didn’t come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Danoh

1 Corinthians 2 and into 3 Paul is talking about the Corinthian's basis for their understanding, thus; Paul's lament in chapter 3 he could not speak unto them as unto spiritual but as unto carnal.

The fact is that the lost are able to understand the Bible; they simply find it foolishness unto them; though.

The Corinthians were doing the same thing.

It is based on this very fact - that the lost can understand the Bible - that the Gedeons place Bibles in hotel rooms.

Romans 10 is crystal clear on this.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 2 and into 3 Paul is talking about the Corinthian's basis for their understanding, thus; Paul's lament in chapter 3 he could not speak unto them as unto spiritual but as unto carnal.

The fact is that the lost are able to understand the Bible; they simply find it foolishness unto them; though.

The Corinthians were doing the same thing.

It is based on the very fact that the lost can understand the Bible that the Gedeons place Bibles in hotel rooms.

Romans 10 is crystal clear on this.

It is based on the principle of admission that we are all equal sinners in God's eyes. This is always Pauls thrust.

He devotes all of His teaching to spiritual and literal revelation of faith, and the collective works that the Holy Spirit yields.

He never espouses condemnation of a brother, but the one time he had the man banished because he slept with his step mother, he later revealed it was a test. He wanted to see if the church of Corinth would exalt self-righteousness and condemnation over Faith and Mercy.

He called division a tool of the devil and explained that we are all sinners. You have to read 1 and 2 Corinthians back to back to see this.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Scripture does not say to discard old wine.

GOD was just to tell them to do that.
That hasn't changed.

We do not mix well.

We have now addressed fundamental differences.

I propose that those that mix Moses with the New Wine of Jesus are prone to feel judgment towards sinful humanity that is loudly heard through their interpolation of biblical matters.

Your response to this?

And, do you see you are arguing with Jesus now?

You are placing new wine in the old wineskin.

John 19 (HCSB)

30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, [emoji118] He said, “It is finished!” Then bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Sour, old wine is finished.

Why did He have to revive a command from the old covenant?

Perhaps He knew its' fate?

Matthew 9

17 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the skins burst, the wine spills out, and the skins are ruined. But they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.”

Would you give your child a serpent if they asked for food?

Would you ask Jesus to turn the "stones" into "bread"?

Would you have stoned the adulteress, He saved?

Would you define "go and sin no more" in the flesh, or do you believe the author, John that says the "sin" of the world is unbelief?

Do you not know that He tests us, and homosexuals and adulterers alike were to be stoned?

Was He testing us or teaching hate?

Is Love Hateful?

Is 1 Cor. 13 and 1 John 4 the work of the Spirit of hypocracy?

Do you understand Jesus?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We do not mix well.

We have now addressed fundamental differences.

I propose that those that mix Moses with the New Wine of Jesus are prone to feel judgment towards sinful humanity that is loudly heard through their interpolation of biblical matters.

Your response to this?

And, do you see you are arguing with Jesus now?

You are placing new wine in the old wineskin.

John 19 (HCSB)

30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, [emoji118] He said, “It is finished!” Then bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Sour, old wine is finished.

Why did He have to revive a command from the old covenant?

Perhaps He knew its' fate?

Matthew 9

17 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the skins burst, the wine spills out, and the skins are ruined. But they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.”

Would you give your child a serpent if they asked for food?

Would you ask Jesus to turn the "stones" into "bread"?

Would you have stoned the adulteress, He saved?

Would you define "go and sin no more" in the flesh, or do you believe the author, John that says the "sin" of the world is unbelief?

Do you not know that He tests us, and homosexuals and adulterers alike were to be stoned?

Was He testing us or teaching hate?

Is Love Hateful?

Is 1 Cor. 13 and 1 John 4 the work of the Spirit of hypocracy?

Do you understand Jesus?

Psalms 119:142 KJV
(142) Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psalms 119:151 KJV
(151) Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Can GOD's truth become falsehood?

Can GOD's justness become unjust?