Some Jerk Brought TNP to ToL

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i agree with it

they should be executed by God's people, in a legal manner

There would be almost none left to do it--

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Tambora said homosexuals should be killed by Gods people.

So you agree with that.

LA
Homosexuals should be executed by the governing official upon conviction.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Romans is in the New Testament, by the way.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There would be almost none left to do it--

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Not so.

The law cannot justly be enforced retro-actively.
The necessary first step would be to re-criminalize the behavior. Once that is done then a person caught would be tried and, upon conviction, executed publically.

A government that has just laws and faithfully enforces those laws finds that the population very quickly obeys the law. What would happen is that, very quickly, a social stigma would manifest itself and almost no one would commit the crime. There'd be far fewer deaths because of homosexuality in a just society than there are today.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Homosexuals should be executed by the governing official upon conviction.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Romans is in the New Testament, by the way.

Have you ever engaged in any of these, even a little bit?--

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Lets not be confused between inside the House of God and outside of it.

Do you suppose that Gods people kill every sinner inside Gods House AND outside of it?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not so.

The law cannot justly be enforced retro-actively.
The necessary first step would be to re-criminalize the behavior. Once that is done then a person caught would be tried and, upon conviction, executed publically.

A government that has just laws and faithfully enforces those laws finds that the population very quickly obeys the law. What would happen is that, very quickly, a social stigma would manifest itself and almost no one would commit the crime. There'd be far fewer deaths because of homosexuality in a just society than there are today.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I agree that governments endorsing sin, is a very bad thing, and God will judge them for it.

However people do not become righteous through good government, but just lesser inclinded to sin publically.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You're misinterpreting what I wrote,....I was saying that the law was wrong and unjustly cruel to impose "death" as a penalty for this and other levitical laws (especially if its twisting in modern day times to mean 'homosexuality' as a mere orientation is punishable by death), no matter who is enforcing or doing the execution. I wasn't insinuating that you were saying ANYONE can do the killing. Furthermore you need to read my whole post "in context" before jumping the gun and calling freelight a 'liar'. To assume any intentional lying on my part is absurd and misguided.
The "mere orientation" as you put it is not a crime and cannot be justly punished by death. It is the ACT of homosexual sex that is the crime and it is the act that defines you as a homosexual.

And as for your post, you stated that the biblical law is an "old Jewish tribal law that says to DO just that, - it doesn't matter who is doing the 'killing' or the 'putting to death',...the law specifically indicates that 'death' shall be the penalty. "

You knew that was false when you wrote it. That makes you a liar. It isn't a "tribal law", it absolutely does matter who does the killing, and God is not unjust anyway! And that's the real issue. You're not really interested in what is and isn't just, you're interested in insulting God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I agree that governments endorsing sin, is a very bad thing, and God will judge them for it.

However people do not become righteous through good government, but just lesser inclinded to sin publically.

LA

No one suggests that good government makes people perfectly righteous but it does make the society more righteous. And even if all it did was to cause people to be "lesser inclined to sin publically", wouldn't that be a good thing?

But of course, a just legal system has far more effect than just that. It literally saves lives. Take adultery for example. If you have less adultery, you'll have less murder (adultery is a major motive for murder). You'll also have less divorce. With less divorce, you have less fatherless families. With less fatherless families you have less gang activity and less drug use, with less gang activity and drug use you'll have less gang and drug related violence. Also with less fatherless families you have less teen sex, less venereal decease, less teen pregnancy, less abortion, less teen suicide, etc, etc.

With one single just law prohibiting adultery, you save thousands of lives and make the whole society safer and demonstrably better in countless ways.

Resting in Him,
Clete

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The "mere orientation" as you put it is not a crime and cannot be justly punished by death. It is the ACT of homosexual sex that is the crime and it is the act that defines you as a homosexual.

And as for your post, you stated that the biblical law is an "old Jewish tribal law that says to DO just that, - it doesn't matter who is doing the 'killing' or the 'putting to death',...the law specifically indicates that 'death' shall be the penalty. "

You knew that was false when you wrote it. That makes you a liar. It isn't a "tribal law", it absolutely does matter who does the killing, and God is not unjust anyway! And that's the real issue. You're not really interested in what is and isn't just, you're interested in insulting God.

Still 'reading' me wrong,......:carryon:

Arthur Brain

Oh. So you convict them first, before you torture them and kill them so they'll know how much you love them.

Still sick.

Sick, mindless and bereft of anything resembling reason, understanding or empathy. To cut it short it's extremism plain and simple.

Unfortunately ISIS isn't the only sort as 'well' evidenced on here. Not to mention that Clete flat out lies when he alludes to the West being in the process of decriminalizing pedophilia. Simply not true and the evidence in terms of law backs that up.

Thankfully the nutjobs who blather on about executing gay people are just a tiny bunch of pompous, self righteous morons who resemble pharisees more than anything and can't see it.

marke

f3f5405c7d92fe81bd127ba4a9fb18f5.jpg

230fb2801aa05ba946c3166d2530afb8.jpg

272144b7683d38badf5dd1cd546e0fc8.jpg

aee29380e3288503ded3330c4a19fbe5.jpg

e80f145787cc47d1ebeb0d363122dad0.jpg

999c7443264951a06b28b3ef09c035c2.jpg

6feb012f79fc37432a2703a930ed2317.jpg

21f9934c8e3a451d614593b9fd9db78d.jpg

27c82ac31a1ec2fe971f1cfe222517d1.jpg

8fd845b08189bd827f169f99219b9b48.jpg

bc2507a80f1656434ef0b86d1e1780d1.jpg

269c8cd530a3b0bd97bf4bc8241a5421.jpg

49eb7ebfec23e3bbfd6251fd2608b11c.jpg

1bd3d5d5e187b4d6f1677a63dbd44f94.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

I don't get it. Are we mocking Christians, the church, witnessing, the Lord Jesus, the Bible, preachers, or what?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets be be intellectually honest for heaven's sake......

Lets be be intellectually honest for heaven's sake......

I don't get it. Are we mocking Christians, the church, witnessing, the Lord Jesus, the Bible, preachers, or what?

Actually I invite everyone to really read each cartoons and see the point that is being communicated. Its not mocking at all, but strongly caricaturing what is going on in some sectors of 'Churchianity' (uh...I mean Christianity) today. Lets review those cartoons again,..they make a strong impact and get you to wake up, and at least see if the point being communicated has some truth to it. Its meant to shock people awake, so to speak. I just went thru them again, and see their point.

For many so called 'followers of Jesus' (by whatever label they use) I say these could be helpful to make them re-examine their religion, the role of the 'church', and how they are to minister to other people, regardless of their sexual orientation, race, color, gender or whatever denominiation they may affiliate with, and see them all as children of God.

See the damage that 'churchianity', man-made dogmas/creeds, and 'religious programming' can do, to drive people away from 'God' (thru fear, manipulation, control, ignorance, etc.). The most satanic things have been done in the name of 'religion' (or name of 'God' or 'Jesus), but some of the most beautiful and praiseworthy things have also been done in these names. I think its time to side oneself with the latter half who by love, encouragement and inspiration....uplift, heal, strengthen and ennoble souls for the glory of God (because that's what love does), to edify humanity and magnify the kingdom of heaven on earth. Its time folks live the religion of Jesus, and not just give lip service to a religion about Jesus which is further distorted thru so much 'doctrine' and 'theology' as to cover up the simple gospel of Jesus, which is rooted in love and service, and spreading of the good news of God's kingdom right here, right now, on the foundation of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man,...each individual realizing his 'sonship with God' (his individual value spirit-realized).

marke

Actually I invite everyone to really read each cartoons and see the point that is being communicated. Its not mocking at all, but strongly caricaturing what is going on in some sectors of 'Churchianity' (uh...I mean Christianity) today. Lets review those cartoons again,..they make a strong impact and get you to wake up, and at least see if the point being communicated has some truth to it. Its meant to shock people awake, so to speak. I just went thru them again, and see their point.

For many so called 'followers of Jesus' (by whatever label they use) I say these could be helpful to make them re-examine their religion, the role of the 'church', and how they are to minister to other people, regardless of their sexual orientation, race, color, gender or whatever denominiation they may affiliate with, and see them all as children of God.

See the damage that 'churchianity', man-made dogmas/creeds, and 'religious programming' can do, to drive people away from 'God' (thru fear, manipulation, control, ignorance, etc.). The most satanic things have been done in the name of 'religion' (or name of 'God' or 'Jesus), but some of the most beautiful and praiseworthy things have also been done in these names. I think its time to side oneself with the latter half who by love, encouragement and inspiration....uplift, heal, strengthen and ennoble souls for the glory of God (because that's what love does), to edify humanity and magnify the kingdom of heaven on earth. Its time folks live the religion of Jesus, and not just give lip service to a religion about Jesus which is further distorted thru so much 'doctrine' and 'theology' as to cover up the simple gospel of Jesus, which is rooted in love and service, and spreading of the good news of God's kingdom right here, right now, on the foundation of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man,...each individual realizing his 'sonship with God' (his individual value spirit-realized).

Let's be honest. Anyone and everyone on earth can be mocked for their sin and hypocrisy, including you and me. I don't think blanket condemnations of Christians and churches mean anything important.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Tickle me pink.........

Tickle me pink.........

No...

No way.

You seriously better not have turned into serpentdove...

:nono:

Proof please...

:peach:

We are miles apart... If not from different planets. Jokes aside...my previous observation on the cartoons hold. They are strong images designed to shock to create a response. If anyone has a good funnybone and a conscience...they can marry the two and carry on, hopefully doing something positive to bring resolve and healing to the world.