Some Jerk Brought TNP to ToL

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
When was the last time someone was executed in this country for the rape of a child?

One would like to presume never, because out of all the criteria for the death penalty, the only one not involving murder is 'drug enterprise', which I don't believe has ever been executed.

But we haven't always followed that guideline- I really couldn't say if a rapist has or hasn't been put to death here, though I would not doubt it.

What is the connection between homosexuality and child-molestation?

There's an obvious connection in males molesting boys or women molesting girls.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Child molestation is a sin and a crime. We are in the process of decriminalizing that too!

No we're not.

The age of consent has already been lowered to 16 in many places in the U.S.

Where were you when Phil Robertson was advocating that young men get their wives when they 15 or 16?

"They got to where they're getting hard to find, mainly because these boys are waiting 'til they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em. Look, you wait 'til they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They'll pick your ducks."

Many Christians here defended Phil Robertson, using the Bible as their argument. Do you remember those threads?

It's hard for me to believe your linked article isn't satire. Is it satire? There's no link what they're quoting, which is full of hokum.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are they sinful?
Because God's law said so.

Romans 3:20 KJV
(20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Here's God's law:

Leviticus 18:22 KJV
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 KJV
(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This was a stupid thing to say. It has nothing to do with anything I believe or anything I've said on this thread. Can you seriously not think any more clearly than that?

consider the following from the bananahead to town:

... I don't think you're really listening to me. That's not said with animosity, either. Resignation, maybe. It seems to me like you're looking past what I'm saying because you're already busy formulating your next gotcha or punch line.

ok doser

Said the fellow who got the law wrong, the history of the law wrong and just about everything in between and following it.

the problem is, you moron, that Clete is talking about God's Law

and you, moron that you are, are talking about man's law

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the problem is, you moron, that Clete is talking about God's Law
Do you think he was talking about God's law when he got the age of consent part wrong? :plain: If Clete want's to qualify his remarks he's free to do it.

Or go haunt someone else and do a better job of it...doofus. I've had dogs that didn't follow me around as faithfully as you do...and at least some of their tricks were worth watching. :plain:

ok doser

wow - what a clever, witty rebuttal

from the biggest waste of capability on the site

some day, town moronic, you'll stand before the Judgement Throne and have to try to "cleverly" and "wittily" explain yourself to God

and I'll be standing right there beside Him watching you fail

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
wow - what a clever, witty rebuttal
When you play one on one basketball and a guy shoots over you, do you stop and say, with a sarcastic tone, "Oooooh, great shot." :plain:

from the biggest waste of capability on the site
Well, spending any time answering your nonsense does raise the question. So there you go.

some day, town moronic,
See, that was neither witty nor a particular rebuttal, unless you think I made the point that you're mature and dispassionate.

you'll stand before the Judgement Throne and have to try to "cleverly" and "wittily" explain yourself to God
Well, no. I'd explain grace to you, but I'm not going to.

and I'll be standing right there beside Him watching you fail
Man, there are literally planets with less density than most of what you post.

You'd think there'd be gravity for all that, but no. :nono:

Last edited:

Danoh

Because God's law said so.

Romans 3:20 KJV
(20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Here's God's law:

Leviticus 18:22 KJV
(22) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 KJV
(13) If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Who's Blood is the issue NOW, though?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Admittedly... I would really have to focus on all that were I to encounter a pedophile in the middle of his heinous act against a child.

How anyone can allow themselves to act on such an impulse - to so easily destroy the preciousness of our greatest joy - our children...

Admittedly, my first impulse in the face of that is that other joy - the joy of swinging a baseball bat with everything in me and then some...

Thing is; one does not find the Apostle Paul going on about much of these issues.

And he ministered far and wide within the mighty Roman Empire.

An empire in which what we are only seeing a very miniscule glimpse of had become the accepted norm at all levels of society.

Human trafficking; rampant, out in the open pedophilia; rampant hetero and homosexual prostitution and or households; murder for sport; you name it; it was all the accepted norm.

And yet, very little on any of that by the Apostle of the Gentiles.

The above passages, and then some; is why.

Where was God's voice in Lot at Sodom and Gomorrah?

Bad enough the guy could have stood even living in such a foul place.

Where was God's voice?

I suspect it was right there in what the Apostle Paul would reiterate centuries later in Romans 1 and 2.

Oh but that baseball bat o how it calls out every fiber of my being...

Admittedly...

As for homosexuals; well that is on them; they are the ones consenting with one another...

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Until the wrath to come, resulting in...

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
keep waving that flag at yourself, moron
Can't even come up with your own rejoinder on that point...man. That's unfortunate.

and have fun burning in hell :wave2:
Just nuts, I guess (either).

And because aCW sometimes leaves his thread caves, I mean nuts in the sense of the Battle of the Bulge answer to the Nazis OR nuts as in Sod is daft.

:e4e:

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Admittedly... I would really have to focus on all that were I to encounter a pedophile in the middle of his heinous act against a child.

How anyone can allow themselves to act on such an impulse - to so easily destroy the preciousness of our greatest joy - our children...

Admittedly, my first impulse in the face of that is that other joy - the joy of swinging a baseball bat with everything in me and then some...

Thing is; one does not find the Apostle Paul going on about much of these issues.

An empire in which what we are only seeing a very miniscule glimpse of had become the accepted norm at all levels of society.

Human trafficking; rampant, out in the open pedophilia; rampant hetero and homosexual prostitution and or households; murder for sport; you name it; it was all the accepted norm.

Where was God's voice?

I suspect it was right there in what the Apostle Paul would reiterate centuries later in Romans 1 and 2.

Admittedly...

As for homosexuals; well that is on them; they are the ones consenting with one another...

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
I'm gonna use the bat.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Where was God's voice?

Admittedly...

I do not agree with the hardline judgment of homosexuals, but I liked your post, because you didn't express a desire to round them up and kill them.

I'm not certain if people realize how sufficient God's grace is.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary