Shalom. Has the Law been abolished? Has a covenant of God been made obsolete?

Epoisses

Again....

If the law was "abolished," everyone would be saved:

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, one of the definitions of sin is " the transgression of the law."

With me?

Now:

Romans 4:15 KJV because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 KJV (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Thus, since sin is the transgression of the law, and, if it is true that there is no more "God's holy law," then, where there is no law, there is no transgression, whereby anyone can be accused, and sin cannot be imputed, if there is no law. Secular wise, for eg., if there is no law against speeding/going over a certain speed, no one can be charged with speeding/breaking a law-there is no law against speeding-no transgression.

I drive 75 all the time, moron! I don't get a ticket and I don't get into accidents either. How is that possible you dumb rock?

Epoisses

Sorcery.... Really..... You attempt to manipulate people's motives or actions through fear... This isn't good, nor is it taught by the Way that you seemingly refuse to follow, all while accusing others who attempt to follow that which they have faith in which is indeed of the Christ.

Tell me please; what is your opinion of marhig?

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Oh I get it you must be a Messianic Jew/Hebrew Roots or SDA and my post came a little too close to home. I bet you're a Hebrew Roots because that's where the Dispy's usually end up - worshipping their beloved law/Israel. There is no sadder aspect of modern Christianity than Gentiles who try to be ethnic Jews like when they dress up as the high priest and blow the rams horn. At least Catholics have Christian saints to look up to.

john w

Hall of Fame
I drive 75 all the time, moron! I don't get a ticket and I don't get into accidents either. How is that possible you dumb rock?

Oh.

A few of the purposes of the law, in the past, and still today:

1. So that man can know what sin is.....

Romans 3:20 KJV

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

....and thus, as in Exodus, a "learning lesson"(Romans 15:4 KJV), the children of Israel, by the law/slavery, experienced the weight of the law, "on their backs," as it broke them, teaching them, leading them, "the lost" in Egypt, and the lost today, on this graveyard called "earth," to the only solution, the LORD God, as it is written.....

2. Galatians 3:24 KJV

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

.....the Lord Jesus Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
The rock that is John W just dazzled me his brilliance, lol. Believers which you are not are under the Spirit and he controls all their thoughts, words and deeds. You are not a Christian, have never been converted and probably never will be.

A child of the devil, addressing a forever justified saint? You don't have the clout, Hop Sing. And thanks for all the scripture, Oprah, backing up your opinions, about opinions, about opinions of opinions.....and musings, and speculations.....Weighty, Oprah.... We can get that from day time TV-and,it's almost as entertaining as you, clown-ette.

Take your seat.

john w

Hall of Fame

Translation: I did not get caught speeding, murdering someone, stealing someone's blow pop's....................in the secular world,and its associated laws, so I broke no law.

Sit, and I apologize to you-I made an intial assumption that you were in my league, IQ wise. Again, I extend my apologies, and condolences, Gilligan.

popsthebuilder

Oh I get it you must be a Messianic Jew/Hebrew Roots or SDA and my post came a little too close to home. I bet you're a Hebrew Roots because that's where the Dispy's usually end up - worshipping their beloved law/Israel. There is no sadder aspect of modern Christianity than Gentiles who try to be ethnic Jews like when they dress up as the high priest and blow the rams horn. At least Catholics have Christian saints to look up to.
I have no clue what it is you are trying to say. I don't really hold to divisions or sects in faith.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Epoisses

You can't be justified by driving 55MPH. LOL That's what we call works-righteousness where you trust in your abilities instead of trusting that Christ is in control of your life even when your driving at 75MPH! Jesus can keep me safe at 75 and I get where I'm going faster.

john w

Hall of Fame
You can't be justified by driving 55MPH. LOL That's what we call works-righteousness where you trust in your abilities instead of trusting that Christ is in control of your life even when your driving at 75MPH! Jesus can keep me safe at 75 and I get where I'm going faster.

Quite irrelevant, Jethrene, and nice bait'nswitch, create a moving target, move the goal posts. The argument is not whether the law/driving 55 can justify-it cannot(and driving 55, is just doing what is required;keeping the law is just doing what is required-it is not righteousness). The argument is whether the law has been abolished, as you "argue" -it has not been-you made that up. The scripture never argues that. If it did, everyone would be saved. The law, today, still serves the purposes for which it served, in the past, for the lost.

That's slick, Jethrene....Real slick...Slick as a serpent....

Epoisses

Quite irrelevant, Jethrene, and nice bait'nswitch, create a moving target, move the goal posts. The argument is not whether the law can justify-it cannot. The argument is whether it has been abolished, as you "argue." -it has not been-you made that up.

That's slick, Jethrene....Real slick...Slick as a serpent....

The spiritual aspect of the law or love is still binding while the letter of the law or 'Torah' is abolished.

john w

Hall of Fame
The spiritual aspect of the law or love is still binding while the letter of the law or 'Torah' is abolished.

More slickness, doing a tap dance, with a cane, and top hat, changing your argument....You "argued:"
The Law has been abolished.

You have "deuce/seven" in "Texas Hold'Em"/"Fold 'Em." Fold. Stay down on the mat, slick.

the letter of the law or 'Torah' is abolished.

No, it has not-no scripture says that. If it did, everyone would be saved. The law, today, still serves the purposes for which it served, in the past, for the lost.

Tell us why murder is wrong. Go ahead-objectively.

A few of the purposes of the law, in the past, and still today:

1. So that man can know what sin is.....

Romans 3:20 KJV

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

....and thus, as in Exodus, a "learning lesson"(Romans 15:4 KJV), the children of Israel, by the law/slavery, experienced the weight of the law, "on their backs," as it broke them, teaching them, leading them, "the lost" in Egypt, and the lost today, on this graveyard called "earth," to the only solution, the LORD God, as it is written.....

2. Galatians 3:24 KJV

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

.....the Lord Jesus Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
I thought I was dumb until I encountered you!

That's the drone's best volley....Love 40....Your volley did not make it over the net....Poor you...

Galatians 3:24 KJV

Tell us just how the law brought Paul, the Galatians, others, to Christ, if it was abolished.

And tell us just how anyone can break the law of going over 55, if no law exists, preventing it? Paul's point...

I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Go ahead. You have the podium.

Fold....Cut your losses.

Epoisses

That's the drone's best volley....Love 40....Your volley did not make it over the net....Poor you...

Tell us just how the law brought Paul, the Galatians, others, to Christ, if it was abolished.

And tell us just how anyone can break the law of going over 55, if no law exists, preventing it? Paul's point...

I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Fold....Cut your losses.

Human laws were ordained by God for unbelievers who are cut off from grace.

Spiritual laws like faith and love govern believers with their thoughts, words and deeds.

john w

Hall of Fame

Spiritual laws like faith and love govern believers with their thoughts, words and deeds.

Did our slick hero, address my question, based upon her "argument?" Nope. Just more "Well, in my opinion.....," assertions, pound the podium, return to "Well, uh, urr" echo chamber.

Fold....Cut your losses.

john w

Hall of Fame

Quite irrelevant to your "argument" that the law, as outlined in the OT, was abolished.

Quite irrelevant to your "argument" that the law, as outlined in the OT, was abolished. And yes, "faith and love govern believers with their thoughts, words and deeds," but that is in our walk, our sanctification,that has NADA to do with your straw man of mixing in justification into the argument, and that does not mean, nor does scripture even imply, that God's holy law was abolished.If it was, then everyone is saved, as sin is not imputed where there is no law, as no law, no transgression...............and you can make no objective "argument" as to why murder, lying, theft...................................................................................................................are wrong, if the law was abolished-None.

Epoisses

Did our slick hero, address my question, based upon her "argument?" Nope. Just more "Well, in my opinion.....," assertions, pound the podium, return to "Well, uh, urr" echo chamber.

Fold....Cut your losses.

And after we come to Christ we are no longer under the law anymore Gal. 3:25. Just read a few more verses before the smoke shoots out of your ears.