Shalom. Has the Law been abolished? Has a covenant of God been made obsolete?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The "old" Covenant given at Sinai was for Israel. ("old" should be italicized).
The "new" Covenant will be for Israel as well.
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Acts 2:16-21 KJV
Shalom.

It is my understanding that you did not answer the question. Please answer the question. What translation is this? Also, why do you say that "old" should be italicized?

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder

The Law has been abolished. It was temporary until the one it pointed to arrived and showed us a better way. Jesus is the way now not carnal obedience.
Grace, mercy, justice, and long suffering do not abolish or do away with the law.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Until all was fulfilled and it was. Jesus will never offer another sacrifice so it's finished. For unbelievers it is never finished as they go about trying to perfect their flesh with the law.
Uhm..... The Christ of GOD was a willing sacrifice.... And is the way.

Do you really think following the way is what a nonbeliever does? To me it seems more like those who act as if the work of the Christ and faith in Him is without effect, knowingly continuing in constant sin without batting an eye and without remorse.

What is written of the conscience within scripture?

peace

popsthebuilder

You're under the curse of the law. Those like Jacob and SDA and other law groups can spin a web of lies to defend their law keeping like nobody's business. This should be a warning that those who are fallen away from the truth and grace will stop at nothing to bring as many as they can into the same bondage they are forever wedded to.
I didn't mean to thank that nonsense.

You condemn whole faithful people with such blanket statements.

This isn't good or right or true.

peace

Epoisses

Uhm..... The Christ of GOD was a willing sacrifice.... And is the way.

Do you really think following the way is what a nonbeliever does? To me it seems more like those who act as if the work of the Christ and faith in Him is without effect, knowingly continuing in constant sin without batting an eye and without remorse.

What is written of the conscience within scripture?

peace

Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known.

Epoisses

I didn't mean to thank that nonsense.

You condemn whole faithful people with such blanket statements.

This isn't good or right or true.

peace

Messianic Jews/Hebrew Roots/SDA are all text book examples of the Judaizing heresy of the 1st century. Weep for them if you want but they are fallen away so Jacob and Jamie and God's truth and Meshak are all Satan's little puppets here to dance for the gullible. Only those who know the truth will be protected from their sorcery.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Messianic Jews/Hebrew Roots/SDA are all text book examples of the Judaizing heresy of the 1st century. Weep for them if you want but they are fallen away so Jacob and Jamie and God's truth and Meshak are all Satan's little puppets here to dance for the gullible. Only those who know the truth will be protected from their sorcery.
Shalom.

I am a Jew, of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert. I am also a citizen of the United States of America. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. See Matthew 5:17-20 and Jeremiah 31:31-34. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

I am a Jew, of Israel, as a proselyte and a convert. I am also a citizen of the United States of America. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. See Matthew 5:17-20 and Jeremiah 31:31-34. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts.

Shalom.

Jacob

a.k.a I am Jacob and I am fallen away and Jesus lets me post here as a warning to others not to do what I have done.

Epoisses

Shalom.

You are creating problems where there weren't any.

Shalom.

Jacob

It's a free forum and I can voice my opinion.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
a.k.a I am Jacob and I am fallen away and Jesus lets me post here as a warning to others not to do what I have done.
Shalom.

If a person such as myself keeps the Law how is that a warning to others to not do as I have done?

Fallen away would be choosing to sin, not choosing to obey God or obeying God. If you obey Jesus in Matthew 5:17-20 how is that being fallen away?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4
Shalom.

No one can be justified by the law. But you are falsely accusing me, creating trouble, and stirring up strife. For you, you do this better by speaking of more than one person at a time. It is called slander, and false witness. It is forbidden by God. If you choose to express an opinion, pick some topic that you have an opinion about. Otherwise you are attempting to be a Judge without the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

john w

Hall of Fame
Believers are under the law of Christ which you've never known.

As to their walk. But that does not mean the the law was abolished. If it did, then everyone is saved, as there is no law to transgress, by which to be charged, and sin is not imputed, when there is no law.

No 55 miles/hour speed limit- no offense for going 75.

EOT. DOA.RIP.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again....

If the law was "abolished," everyone would be saved:

1 John 3:4 KJV Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, one of the definitions of sin is " the transgression of the law."

With me?

Now:

Romans 4:15 KJV because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Romans 5:13 KJV (for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Thus, since sin is the transgression of the law, and, if it is true that there is no more "God's holy law," then, where there is no law, there is no transgression, whereby anyone can be accused, and sin cannot be imputed, if there is no law. Secular wise, for eg., if there is no law against speeding/going over a certain speed, no one can be charged with speeding/breaking a law-there is no law against speeding-no transgression.

popsthebuilder

Sorcery.... Really..... You attempt to manipulate people's motives or actions through fear... This isn't good, nor is it taught by the Way that you seemingly refuse to follow, all while accusing others who attempt to follow that which they have faith in which is indeed of the Christ.

Tell me please; what is your opinion of marhig?

peace

popsthebuilder

He is continually offered up as a pure sacrifice in your doctrine of ineffectual faith.

This is impossible and vanity.

Take your pride and eat it... Then maybe you will understand.

Was John the baptizer a worker of satan? What of Elias?

Is the Christ returning to claim what is His, and lead them home?

peace

Epoisses

So, OK to have you wacked, murdered, since there is no law against it?

The rock that is John W just dazzled me his brilliance, lol. Believers which you are not are under the Spirit and he controls all their thoughts, words and deeds. You are not a Christian, have never been converted and probably never will be.