Shalom. Has the Law been abolished? Has a covenant of God been made obsolete?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 3-18.

Which of the following do you believe and why? Also, have you or might you change your belief about any of these if you are shown otherwise? What do you believe that you can be sure of, and how are you thinking about the scriptures people use to justify these statements or beliefs?

1. All has been accomplished.
2. The Law has been abolished.
3. Heaven and earth have passed away.
4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Which of the following do you believe and why? Also, have you or might you change your belief about any of these if you are shown otherwise? What do you believe that you can be sure of, and how are you thinking about the scriptures people use to justify these statements or beliefs?

4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete.

1. All has been accomplished. Nope
2. The Law has been abolished. Which law?
3. Heaven and earth have passed away. Inane
4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete. Which covenant?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1. All has been accomplished. Nope
2. The Law has been abolished. Which law?
3. Heaven and earth have passed away. Inane
4. The covenant that God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai has been made obsolete. Which covenant?
Shalom.

God's Law for the nation of Israel. The first five books of the Bible. Or, the Law of Moses. What is God's Law, The Law, or The Law of Moses?

God made a covenant with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God's Law for the nation of Israel. The first five books of the Bible. Or, the Law of Moses. What is God's Law, The Law, or The Law of Moses?

God made a covenant with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai.

God revealed the law that defines his nature and defined another law to guide Israel.

God's revealed law is a covenant that was placed in a gold-plated box.

The other covenant for Israel was valid only until Christ came.

There are two Jerusalems, one referred to as spiritual Sodom and Egypt and the other as the New Jerusalem.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God revealed the law that defines his nature and defined another law to guide Israel.

God's revealed law is a covenant that was placed in a gold-plated box.

The other covenant for Israel was valid only until Christ came.

There are two Jerusalems, one referred to as spiritual Sodom and Egypt and the other as the New Jerusalem.
Shalom.

Can you explain your four sentence view with scripture?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I can and you should also be able to do so.
Shalom.

I am not able to do so. I can respond to one sentence at a time if you are simply not wanting to teach a man from scripture. For this I applaud you, but I do not know or understand your view.

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 3-18.

Shalom.

Jacob
None of the above.

peace friend

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Epoisses

The Law has been abolished. It was temporary until the one it pointed to arrived and showed us a better way. Jesus is the way now not carnal obedience.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law has been abolished. It was temporary until the one it pointed to arrived and showed us a better way. Jesus is the way now not carnal obedience.
Shalom.

Jesus has always been the only way to God. I do not know what you mean by carnal obedience. Obedience to God is obedience to God. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

Jesus has always been the only way to God. I do not know what you mean by carnal obedience. Obedience to God is obedience to God. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. See Matthew 5:17-20.

Shalom.

Jacob

Until all was fulfilled and it was. Jesus will never offer another sacrifice so it's finished. For unbelievers it is never finished as they go about trying to perfect their flesh with the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Until all was fulfilled and it was. Jesus will never offer another sacrifice so it's finished. For unbelievers it is never finished as they go about trying to perfect their flesh with the law.
Shalom.

Salvation is only found in Jesus. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments. He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. But, He did not abolish them.

He died once and He rose from the dead never to die again. He died that you would be forgiven and granted the free gift of God, eternal life. You are to repent and believe the gospel if you have not already done so.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

Salvation is only found in Jesus. Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments. He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. But, He did not abolish them.

He died once and He rose from the dead never to die again. He died that you would be forgiven and granted the free gift of God, eternal life. You are to repent and believe the gospel if you have not already done so.

Shalom.

Jacob

You're under the curse of the law. Those like Jacob and SDA and other law groups can spin a web of lies to defend their law keeping like nobody's business. This should be a warning that those who are fallen away from the truth and grace will stop at nothing to bring as many as they can into the same bondage they are forever wedded to.

beameup

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the new covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jeremiah 31:31-34

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're under the curse of the law. Those like Jacob and SDA and other law groups can spin a web of lies to defend their law keeping like nobody's business. This should be a warning that those who are fallen away from the truth and grace will stop at nothing to bring as many as they can into the same bondage they are forever wedded to.
Shalom.

You are incorrect. I am not under the Law, I am under grace. Obedience to God's Commandments is not carnal. It is to be done in faith. Even faith is obedience to God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
But this shall be the new covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
Shalom.

What translations if any say old covenant as you have said here?

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

What translations if any say old covenant as you have said here?

Shalom.

Jacob

The "old" Covenant given at Sinai was for Israel. ("old" should be italicized).
The "new" Covenant will be for Israel as well.
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Acts 2:16-21 KJV