Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Wimpy arms, you muse, sodomite, junkie? I will put my 38 inch biceps, against your sissy, drugged out frame, any time, wimp. Put up your pic,Jeff. Oh, yes, we saw it in the past-you are a fat, over weight balding, old man, with arms that resemble Olive Oil. Right, Jeffie? Wimp.

I see you have a reading problem. :crackup:

john w

Hall of Fame
Where can we get a copy of this "perfect and pure" scripture?Where can we read, study, believe in these perfect "the Words of God?"

Define bible believer.

Not a peep.

2003cobra

The Lord Jesus Christ got angry, Dr. Psychobabble, with perverters, bible correcting fools like yourself who pervert the words of the living God(Jeremiah 23:26 KJV), corrupt them(2 Cor. 2:17 KJV).

We have a perfect book, punk, and you'd have no "perfect Saviour," w/o a perfect book, by which he is revealed. You got that punk?

My first priority as a Christian will always be: I will proclaim only that "message" that is derived from a "credible witness." If the witness is not credible, then "interpretation"="the MESSAGE", is divorced from objective reality. No interpretation, no "the Message", is worthwhile, or credible, if truth can still be considered truth despite ERRORS. If biblical certainty/assurance are lost, then biblical authority, and its resulting "interpretation"/"the MESSAGE" is impossible. If the biblical text is unreliable, then the Holy Bible's own claims about representing the full and objective truth about God cannot be substantiated or believed. The Holy Bible's authority to rule over us, to call us back to the LORD God, to offer justification and eternal life through the offence of the cross, and the resurrection, and any "interpretive methods", evaporates. And a discussion of the soundness of any interpretation, any understanding the LORD God's revelation of Himself, and His "blueprint" for all, is mere "going through the motions", "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic", if the source for understanding these objective truths is flawed in any way. Therefore, if any supposed "the Holy Bible" claiming to be the word of God has errors, then it is not the word of God. And those who make the claim that the word of God can have errors, and still be considered the word of God, they are speaking not "...according to this word, it is because there is no light in them"(Isaiah 8:20 KJV). This I have learned from the Holy Bible's own testimony, if it is to believed. I take "God at His word"(the simple definition of faith), and it is that simple.

Carry on bible corrector.

Define "bible believer, while you are at it.

Watch the silence....Watch...
Are you aware we are not called to be “Bible believers?”

We are called to follow Jesus.

Yes, Jesus got angry at those who had no mercy and those who took advantage of the poor. He got angry at those who sought their own glory.

Could you provide an example of what you claim, that Jesus got angry at “Bible correcting fools?”

I would like to see the passages you are referring to. I think you have imagined a situation that did not happen.

2003cobra

Wimpy arms, you muse, sodomite, junkie? I will put my 38 inch biceps, against your sissy, drugged out frame, any time, wimp. Put up your pic,Jeff. Oh, yes, we saw it in the past-you are a fat, over weight balding, old man, with arms that resemble Olive Oil. Right, Jeffie? Wimp.

How do you justify this with the command that we love one another?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Where can we get a copy of this "perfect and pure" scripture?Where can we read, study, believe in these perfect "the Words of God?"

Define bible believer.

Not a peep.

7or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” 8But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.…

2003cobra

Answer my question. Were the references to scripture, of copies, in the book, that I cited, written personally by God, or "imperfect" men(your words).

Not a peep.

The Bible answers you clearly. It appears you refuse to believe it.

Here is an example:

Luke 1 Since many have undertaken to set down an orderly account of the events that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed on to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, 3 I too decided, after investigating everything carefully from the very first, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the truth concerning the things about which you have been instructed.

Luke says he decided to write his gospel. He investigated. He talked to eyewitnesses. God didn’t write the gospel of Luke. The Bible says he didn’t.

Why do you disbelieve the Bible?

A Bible believer is someone who believes the Bible. If you believe God wrote the book of Luke, then you are not a Bible believer.

And look at Ephesians 1.
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

A “Bible believer” believes Paul wrote the book of Ephesians. A person who doesn’t believe the Bible claims God wrote the book of Ephesians.

Which are you? Do you believe the Bible? If so, then you know God did not write the Bible.

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you aware we are not called to be “Bible believers?”
Define bible believer. Are you aware we are not to correct the scriptures-they are to correct us? Rhetorical q.

Produce this perfect and pure "The words of God." Where can we get a copy?.
-chapter, verse, from this perfect and pure scripture(your words) that assert "the Words of God are perfect." Show us from this perfect and pure scripture.

We are called to follow Jesus.

Sophistry, straw man. You'd have no objective, true knowledge, of. this "Jesus" you cite, w/o a true, perfect, pure scripture, by which He is revealed. NADA.

We are called to believe, glorify, esteem, praise, tremble at, magnify the word of God, not correct it, devil child.

Yes, Jesus got angry at those who had no mercy and those who took advantage of the poor. He got angry at those who sought their own glory.

Nice change the subject, as usual. That is your MO, shtick, on TOL, deceiver.

Could you provide an example of what you claim, that Jesus got angry at “Bible correcting fools?”

As soon as you produce

-this perfect and pure "The words of God." Where can we get a copy?.
-chapter, verse, from this perfect and pure scripture(your words) that assert "the Words of God are perfect." Show us from this perfect and pure scripture.
I would like to see the passages you are referring to. I think you have imagined a situation that did not happen.

We would like you to identify this pure and prefect "The words of God," and tell us who "wrote" the scripture, in Acts 8, in the other passages I cited-"imperfect" man, or God "personally."

No more dodge ball, deceitful one. You are going to answer my questions first.

john w

Hall of Fame

I don't, you slanderous devil child. I believe every word. You do not. You correct it, and do not.

A Bible believer is someone who believes the Bible.

He admits that he is not a bible believer-he corrects it.

john w

Hall of Fame
7or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” 8But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.…

Evasion.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Bible answers you clearly. It appears you refuse to believe it.

Here is an example:

Luke 1 Since many have undertaken to set down an orderly account of the events that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed on to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, 3 I too decided, after investigating everything carefully from the very first, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the truth concerning the things about which you have been instructed.

Luke says he decided to write his gospel. He investigated. He talked to eyewitnesses. God didn’t write the gospel of Luke. The Bible says he didn’t.

A Bible believer is someone who believes the Bible. If you believe God wrote the book of Luke, then you are not a Bible believer.

And look at Ephesians 1.
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

A “Bible believer” believes Paul wrote the book of Ephesians. A person who doesn’t believe the Bible claims God wrote the book of Ephesians.

Which are you? Do you believe the Bible? If so, then you know God did not write the Bible.

Answer my question. Were the references to scripture, of copies, in the book, that I cited, written personally by God, or "imperfect" men(your words).

Romans 16 KJV

22 I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.

Again-Is this scripture? You assert it is not, devil child, since it was written by an "imperfect" man, not God personally, like "the original" 10 commandments.

How about what Moses wrote, per the LORD God's instruction:

Deut. 34 KJV

27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deuteronomy 10 KJV
1 At that time the Lord said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.

2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.

3 And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the Lord spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the Lord gave them unto me.

Was Moses an "imperfect" man, and thus, according to your devilish, w/o scripture backing, the LORD God could not use Him as his instrument to preserve His book?

john w

Hall of Fame

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Evasion.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

KJ21
But without faith it is impossible to please Him. For he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.