SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
You disrespectful person calling Jesus' powerful words a set of rules that makes for false doctrine.

Little Miss Illogical. You are LYING again about what I'm saying.

God's LAW is holy and just and good.

Rom 7:12 KJV Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Your belief that you LIVE UP TO IT as a means of salvation is a failure on a MASSIVE SCALE.

God's Truth

Little Miss Illogical. You are LYING again about what I'm saying.

God's LAW is holy and just and good.

Your belief that you LIVE UP TO IT as a means of salvation is a failure on a MASSIVE SCALE.

When I tell you we have to obey what Jesus taught when he walked the earth you say this to me:

If you are preaching that salvation REQUIRES obedience to a set of rules, you are preaching FALSE DOCTRINE.

WHAT JESUS TAUGHT WE CAN DO AND IT IS NOT JUST SOME SET OF RULES THAT ARE A FALSE DOCTRINE!

Right Divider

Body part
When I tell you we have to obey what Jesus taught when he walked the earth you say this to me:

WHAT JESUS TAUGHT WE CAN DO AND IT IS NOT JUST SOME SET OF RULES THAT ARE A FALSE DOCTRINE!
Jesus said that salvation is a GIFT OF GOD and that you cannot EARN it with your obedience.

Your belief in your own obedience is a complete failure when it comes to accepting the GIFT OF GOD that is eternal life.

Joh 3:15-18 KJV That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Why did Jesus only mention BELIEVETH and not "obedience"? (Hint: your story is wrong).

God's Truth

Yes, there are.

GOSPEL simply means GOOD NEWS. There is plenty of GOOD NEWS in the Bible.

That you are ignorant of the MANY GOOD NEWS' is your own personal failure.

There is only one gospel.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

God's Truth

Jesus said that salvation is a GIFT OF GOD and that you cannot EARN it with your obedience.

It doesn't say that anywhere! You an't just lie like that about the Word of God.

Your belief in your own obedience is a complete failure when it comes to accepting the GIFT OF GOD that is eternal life.
I trust Jesus what Jesus says.

Why did Jesus only mention BELIEVETH and not "obedience"? (Hint: your story is wrong).

Jesus said you have to believe that you have to go through HIM TO OBEY.

God's Truth

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear and obey what is written in it, because the time is near.

God's Truth

More irony... it is YOU that misunderstands Paul, just like those back then.

Why can't you answer the question?! Tell us what Peter was talking about when he said people misunderstand Paul! See 2 Peter 3.

Does Peter say well we are teaching different gospels? NO, Peter does NOT say that; BUT YOU SURE DO.

God's Truth

Actually, it's quite meaningful.
It matters NOT that Jesus is not called the High Priest in those books. The priest and priesthood is spoken of MANY times.
What a joke you are because YOU said Jesus didn’t teach the gospel of grace because he didn’t say the word grace!!!

Jesus is the high priest but he didn’t ever say it! So you see, your reasoning is stupid.

In MML&J the word PRIEST and it's derivatives is uses 97 TIMES! And yet they are ALL MISSING from the Pauline epistles. If you cannot see the difference, you are blind.

The place that you find the high priest is a book written to HEBREWS!
So is the WORD ‘GRACE’, and it IS in the MML&J---BUT YOU SAY SINCE JESUS DIDN”T SAY THE WORD ‘GRACE’ then he DIDN’T teach it!

No mention of a priest or priesthood.

An interceder is a priest, you ignorant person you.
Obedience to Christ will NOT EARN YOU SALVATION. That's what the Bible says. Your self-righteous view of "your obedience" is your own personal problem.

Not obeying Christ is going to keep you condemned and send you to HELL.

God's Truth

You are confused by your "there is only one GOOD NEWS" idea. There are MANY GOOD NEWS' in the Bible.

Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

The idiots say that the gospel Paul is preaching among the nations is another gospel. So what is Paul doing spreading another gospel and not the one spoken of in MARK by Jesus?!

Mark 14:9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

That is the one and only gospel that Paul helped spread to this day.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Acts 16:10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

2 Corinthians 8:18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;

Titus went to ALL the churches

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Peter was afraid of the Jews so Paul called Peter out for living according to the one and only gospel that the Gentiles lived, but then tried to get the Gentiles to live like the Jews according to the old law.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The same one and only gospel to receive the promise of the Holy Spirit

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

OF THE PROMISE---which PROVES it is the one and only gospel.

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

THE SAME BODY WITH THE JEWS.

Ephesians 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

JESUS IS THE ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL OF PEACE.

Right Divider

Body part
There is only one gospel.

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

That's a gospel all right. It's not the only one.

The gospel (GOOD NEWS) of the kingdom is NOT IDENTICAL to the gospel (GOOD NEWS) of the grace of God.

The certain have MANY THINGS IN COMMON.... Like God and Christ.

I feel terrible for someone that cannot understand that.

God's Truth

That is HILARIOUS IRONY... It is YOU that does not even know that grace is. If you did, you would not be so proud about YOUR obedience. You would know that it is the obedience of ONE that many shall be made righteous.

Rom 5:19 KJV For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That’s stupid for you to think that scripture is saying we don’t have to obey Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
It doesn't say that anywhere! You an't just lie like that about the Word of God.
Of course it does. You've been show it many times. You just cherry-pick some verses and reject the rest.

Eph 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You try to CHANGE "not of yourselves" and "not of works" into "not of ceremonial law".

That is something that the devil does with scripture.

God's Truth

Of course it does. You've been show it many times. You just cherry-pick some verses and reject the rest.

You try to CHANGE "not of yourselves" and "not of works" into "not of ceremonial law".

THAT DOESN'T SAY WHAT YOU SAY IT SAYS!!! Show where it says OBEDIENCE. It says NOT OF WORKS---as in NOT of the works of the law---AS IN THE PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL WORKS.

Right Divider

Body part

God's Truth

A person had to get circumcised in the flesh and do the other WORKS of the law to CLEAN ONESELF to be JUSTIFIED to God.

Here Paul is explaining to the Galatians that if they get circumcised THEN THEY have fallen from grace because ONLY JESUS does the cleaning WORKS NOW, and our faith in that!

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.