SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Believed what, you man who repeats the same false thing.

We have to BELIEVE that we have to obey Jesus and not just God the Father.

You must think that Paul wrote his epistles incorrectly.

Paul says "after that ye believed, ye were sealed".

It's too bad you refuse to believe scripture.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I ASKED a question, so ANSWER.

Mine came first:

Are you refusing to retract or substantiate your claim?

YOU ACCUSED RD AND BR OF THE FOLLOWING (Post #335):

You think you can become a child of God, and heir, just by saying you are one?

EITHER SUBSTANTIATE THE CLAIM, OR RETRACT IT HERE AND NOW.

Bright Raven and Right Divider I recommend you not let this slide either.

Here is the post:
Bright Raven and Right Divider ,

You think you can become a child of God, and heir, just by saying you are one?

Lon

Hmm, sometimes talking past one another (not intentional, but there are underlying ideas that have to be addressed, Ephesians 6:12 comes to mind).

Ephesians 2:8-10

"For by grace, all of you are saved, through Faith (repentance not mentioned until verse 10 and I'll explain), and this not of yourselves. It is a gift of God, not of works, so that not even one person can boast in self-ability (even repentance?). For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, for good works, which God prepared for us to do."

See, verse 10 says we are God's workmanship. Our own unregenerate 'repentance' is but a whim, a desire to live up BUT we cannot.

In Romans 7, Paul talks of wanting to do right, with sin right there. It is a failure to be repentant. His conclusion? "Thanks be to Christ Jesus!"

2 Corinthians 5:17 says 'IF' "any person is in Christ, they 'are' a new creation' where the old 'has' passed away (repentance). Point? God works repentance in us, not something on our own accord. An idea iterated toward Jews is that new wine will burst old wineskins. For us, the Spirit cannot indwell the old man. We must first be made new. I realize there is a bit of my own theological perspective in these last points, but I do believe the ideas are easily grasped, and that where we differ is of little consequence. Repentance is of God (see also See Romans 2:4 Acts 5:31; 11:18).

In prayer it is profitable

In Him -Lon

Status
Not open for further replies.