Salvation: A Free Gift From God, or an Imposition?

Robert Pate

Banned
You can quote scripture until doomsday, you still believe that sinners Christ died for are lost. That actually denies Christ is the Saviour !

"God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

The word of God refutes you and your false religion.

beloved57

"God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

You believe sinners Christ died for shall perish !

Robert Pate

Banned
You believe sinners Christ died for shall perish !

You are as blind as a bat and will die in your sins because you don't believe in Jesus.

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER that believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

beloved57

You are as blind as a bat and will die in your sins because you don't believe in Jesus.

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER that believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

You teach that sinners Christ died for still die in their sins, thus nullifying the death of Christ!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You teach that Christ death is powerless to Save, because you teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost!

They are still lost because they haven't chosen to receive His free gift of salvation. He saves those who want to be saved. He CANNOT save those who don't want to be saved.

beloved57

They are still lost because they haven't chosen to receive His free gift of salvation. He saves those who want to be saved. He CANNOT save those who don't want to be saved.

Then you also teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost, meaning you dont believe Christ's death in and of itself saves sinners !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Then you also teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost, meaning you dont believe Christ's death in and of itself saves sinners !

I actually did not expect you to reply to my post.... Anyways...

Just because I believe "Christ died for all, but not all will accept Him" does not mean that I don't believe that "Christ's death in and of itself saves sinners." That is a non-sequitur.

In fact, I believe it (Christ's death, burial, and resurrection) does, it saves the sinners who accept Him as their Savior (hence why he's called Savior). To clarify, God DID die for all mankind, but only those who receive him will inherit eternal life.

God cannot, I repeat, CANNOT, save someone who does not want to be saved. He cannot force someone to love Him. He cannot force someone to live with Him who doesn't want to live with Him and remain healthy.

Consider again the two men, one man takes a woman and forces himself upon her, taking her to his home and boarding up the doors and windows, commanding her to love him, whereas the second man woos a woman, always telling her that if she doesn't want to be with him, she can leave at any time, who doesn't force himself upon her, but respects her.

The God of Calvinists is that first man. He is sick, and unhealthy.

The God of the Bible however, is not sick, He is not unhealthy, and He is like the second man.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:16&version=NKJV

“ For gar this hout?s is how God theos loved agapa? · ho the ho world kosmos: he gave did?mi his ho one and only monogen?s Son hyios · ho that hina everyone pas who ho believes pisteu? in eis him autos should not m? perish apollymi but alla have ech? eternal ai?nios life z?? . - John 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:16&version=MOUNCE

759740ab9b6facab452fd040cc0dc540.jpg

d1c58385fb954ecfcbf493dd4633e007.jpg

beloved57

jr

Just because I believe "Christ died for all, but not all will accept Him" does not mean that I don't believe that "Christ's death in and of itself saves sinners."

Thats exactly what you believe ! You wont admit it, but its an inevitable conclusion !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Of course I tell people what they believe when I read what they post Duh! Like you, you deny that Christ death alone saved them He died for!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app
Can you save someone who has already jumped out of a plane? What if you gave them a parachute before they did? Can they not choose whether to put it on or not?

In the same way, Christ died for everyone, but they have to accept his gift of salvation, that parachute, in order to be saved.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Telling a Calvinist What He Believes is no Substitute for Knowing

Telling a Calvinist What He Believes is no Substitute for Knowing

God cannot, I repeat, CANNOT, save someone who does not want to be saved. He cannot force someone to love Him. He cannot force someone to live with Him who doesn't want to live with Him and remain healthy.
God could save anyone He so desired to save unless He is not really an omnipotent. Try to not ascribe impotence to God.

If you find a Calvinist stating that God saves someone who does not want to be saved, point them in my direction. When God regenerates a non-believer (Eze. 36:26), that person will most assuredly want to be saved and will be saved and never become not saved. Regeneration is wholly monergistic. God's work alone. The dead (in Adam) do not want anything. They must be made alive, be animated, such that their will now functions properly. The act of faith following the instant off regeneration is synergistic. God is not doing the believing for the regenerated person.

Please try to not inform Calvinists of what they believe. Try asking them first or at least read what they believe to be an accurate summary of the teachings of Scripture: WCF and its exposition WCFe. Both contain thousands of Scripture citations behind the summaries given. Quote it. Restate it in your own words and proceed. Then you will be on your way towards fruitful discussion with those you assume to know what they believe.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dry Bones Do Not Choose Anything - Man is Dead, Not Wounded Until Made Alive

Dry Bones Do Not Choose Anything - Man is Dead, Not Wounded Until Made Alive

Can you save someone who has already jumped out of a plane? What if you gave them a parachute before they did? Can they not choose whether to put it on or not?

In the same way, Christ died for everyone, but they have to accept his gift of salvation, that parachute, in order to be saved.

The oddities of libertarian free will soteriology:

View attachment 25716

View attachment 25717

View attachment 25718

The sad general ransom theory of the Atonement:
Christ's death made salvation possible for everyone in the world, but it did not make salvation certain for anyone. It remains for the individual to make a free will choice whether or not to accept Christ's sacrifice. It is not the sovereign God’s providence which determines salvation, but human will.​

Fortunately from Scripture we are taught that it has been determined by God the Father from eternity exactly when and who all persons were, are, or will ultimately be members of the saved or the not saved (reprobates). The reprobate are all those not given to Our Lord. Which is to say, the reprobate are not that specific number of persons (John 6:37; John 6:39; John 10:29; John 17:11-12; John 17:9; John 17:22; John 18:9) that no man can number from among all the peoples of the world (Rev. 7:9), given to Our Lord for which His active and passive obedience was intended to make their salvation a certainty.

AMR

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that teaches God imposes salvation on people. But there are numerous scriptures that teach that salvation is a gift from God that has been provided by his Son Jesus Christ. Here are some of them.

"But not as the offense so also is THE FREE GIFT" Romans 5:15.

"And not as if it was by one that sinned, so is THE GIFT" Romans 5:16.

"Much more they which receive abundance of grace and THE GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one Jesus Christ" Romans 5:17.

"Even so by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and not that of yourselves: it is THE GIFT of God" Ephesians 2:8.

"But THE GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23.

When the Bible speaks of salvation as a gift from God, it also means that the gift of salvation must be received. The Gift of salvation is not imposed, otherwise it is no longer a gift it is an imposition. Salvation is offered to everyone as a free gift from God, but it belongs to no one until it is received.

"But as many as RECEIVED HIM to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

We receive Christ as our savior by believing in him, John 3:16. We believe that he is able to save us to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. We that are saved are resting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ, Hebrews 4:10 and have no confidence in the flesh (religion) Philippians 3:3. As the song goes... "On Christ the solid rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand" The sinking sand is religion.
Shalom.

I am a Jew. I do not know Greek. It sounds like, though, that salvation is a free gift from God. That is what the English reveals.

Shalom.

Jacob