Sabbath

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Sign Seal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 13:9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the Lord's law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the Lord brought thee out of Egypt. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Remember[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the sabbath day, to keep it holy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 8:16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 7:2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 7:3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.[/FONT]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Of those 7 He healed on the. Sabbath only the demon possessed might have been an emergency the others could have waited until after the Sabbath...some didn't even ask...but accepted when He did...

He chose to provoke and instigate the very response He got...to steal the Sabbath back from what the Pharisees had made of it...

He could have just spoken and healed but instead made great drama with props and further instructions...all of which designed to provoke further outcry...

He is Lord of the Sabbath not them...and doesn't approve of others defining what He made...adding to the word...or removing...

It remains to do His Father's will on earth as it is in Heaven...no Sunday Ham up there...

I said
lololol You are one of them Pharisees that want to keep it a law. You are one of those Pharisees that want man to serve the Sabbath instead of the Sabbath serving man. Jesus broke the Sabbath a few times. And a few times He kept the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

Acts 11:9
9 "But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God has cleansed you must not call common.'
(NKJ)

Matt 12:11-12
11 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out?
12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
(NKJ)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Jesus healed on the Sabbath to show us that He took away the law of "Keep the Sabbath day" Jesus has always been our example of what pleases God the Father. And what God allows. The Sabbath is ok but not a law anymore.

Jesus did not come to abolish the law. The law prohibited changes or modifications. Jesus kept the law, he did not sin as you claim.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...to steal the Sabbath back from what the Pharisees had made of it...

Jesus did not steal anything.

An ox in a ditch never required waiting for anything. It was an emergency by definition because because of stress.

Jesus was anointed to heal the blind and to do other things.

Your interpretation is obviously different than his.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sabbath is a commandment...

To keep the Sabbath set apart does not preclude rendering aid.

The Sabbath instruction was part of God's covenant, not part of the Book of the Law.

The covenant was placed in a gold-plated wooden box and the Book of the Law was placed beside the box.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
but we still get bacon, right?

The kingdom of God is not based on food or drink however we must not defile God's temple.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)​

rstrats

LastServant,

re: "Man will never have to work with his hands again to keep himself alive and well."

Any thoughts on what man might be doing?

clefty

An ox in a ditch never required waiting for anything. It was an emergency by definition because because of stress.

Hope your dog in the photo barks up the RIGHT tree...lol

He could have waited one more day so as not to annoy the Pharisees who "forgot" the Sabbath was for good works...

He healed on Sabbath to remind them that...

clefty

To keep the Sabbath set apart does not preclude rendering aid.

The Sabbath instruction was part of God's covenant, not part of the Book of the Law.

The covenant was placed in a gold-plated wooden box and the Book of the Law was placed beside the box.

Again not sure why yours are barking up this tree...

I fully appreciate that good works are allowed on the Sabbath...Pharisees and today's version are continually attempting to define the Sabbath to their own agenda...their own traditions...nothing new even in that...

clefty

The kingdom of God is not based on food or drink however we must not defile God's temple.
so it is up to you to define what defiles you? Please share as what your definition is

As for me it is clearly outlined in scripture...

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)​

We are His bought with a price to wear His yoke...represent Him His way...so if His Love did not offer anyone Sunday Ham...so then neither will mine...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
so it is up to you to define what defiles you? Please share as what your definition is

Scripture defines clean and unclean, holy and unholy.

This in addition to his covenant in his temple (us).

God's tabernacle and later temple were to house his covenant.

His covenant was originally written on stone, but now written in in our heart.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I agree.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said

Mark 7:16-23
16 "If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!"
17 When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable.
18 So He said to them, "Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him,
19 "because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?"
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Jews didn't understand what the Sabbath of God was. They thought it was about a day of the week so they made it a tradition to not work on the 7th day of each week.

The Sabbath that God was referring to was the fact that he had finished creating and would now rest forever along with the men who were created in his image.

Satan and the Beast caused man to disobey all of God's commandments and forced them to work with their human hands, even during this Sabbath rest of God.

In the next generation, man will be observing the Sabbath day rest forever and ever. Man will never have to work with his hands again to keep himself alive and well.

I said
Your right I posted a revelation on "The Day Of Rest".

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hope your dog in the photo barks up the RIGHT tree...lol

He could have waited one more day so as not to annoy the Pharisees who "forgot" the Sabbath was for good works...

He healed on Sabbath to remind them that...

I said
Are you going to lie to her new?? After telling me it was a day of rest. Do nothing day.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Again not sure why yours are barking up this tree...

I fully appreciate that good works are allowed on the Sabbath...Pharisees and today's version are continually attempting to define the Sabbath to their own agenda...their own traditions...nothing new even in that...

I said
That is why I believe your an anti Christ. You tell me one thing and now your telling her something totally different.