Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have given you revelations on the old testament, the old covenant, the old law, and hundreds of verses. And still you reject them on no more than your own opinion. I don't see what else I can do for you. But to turn you over to your imagination. I'm sorry you don't believe the new testament.

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Your no listening. I have never claimed that the ten were destroyed. If you will look they are in the new testament. Anything that is written in the new testament is part of the new testament no matter where it came from. But as you can see Jesus changed the law. And nine of the ten He took even deeper. But the Sabbath is an option. The Sabbath is good. But don't make it a law. Jesus didn't.

He changed the Law? He even took Sabbath deeper. Seven people were HEALED ON THE SABBATH how much deeper does it get Squeaky?

#1. Cast an unclean spirit out of a man (Mk 1:21-28)(Lk 4:31-37)

#2. Healed Peter's mother-in-law, who had a fever (Mt 8:14-15)(Mk 1:29-31)(Lk 4:38-39)

#3. Healed the man with the withered hand (Mt 12:9-13)(Mk 3:1-6)(Lk 6:6-11)

#4. (Jn 5:1-18) - Healed the lame man by the pool of Bethesda

#5. (Lk 13:10-17) - Healed the crippled woman

#6. (Lk 14:1-6) - Healed the man with dropsy

#7. (Jn 9:1-7,14) - Healed the man born blind

Notice most of these were NOT even emergencies...He easily could have said "listen folks please come back after Sabbath as to not upset the Pharisees...." But He didn't. He meant to provoke by healing in public and with great drama to draw a crowd and "TAKE THE SABBATH DEEPER"...lol to use your words

Add to that He specifically asked we pray the Sabbath be kept in the future...for no other commandment was that asked for...THAT IS TAKING IT DEEPER

oh and well He actually derives His authority and Lordship from IT...no other commandment

It is not "I am lord of the don't steal" or "I am Lord of the sexually pure" or "I am the lord of the Torah"

Certainly not even "I am Lord of the New Covenent"...nope

But "I AM LORD OF THE SABBATH" how much deeper does that get?

You do understand how the Lordship thingy works yes?

You make it sound like Lords wish to destroy what gives them power...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He changed the Law? He even took Sabbath deeper. Seven people were HEALED ON THE SABBATH how much deeper does it get Squeaky?

#1. Cast an unclean spirit out of a man (Mk 1:21-28)(Lk 4:31-37)

#2. Healed Peter's mother-in-law, who had a fever (Mt 8:14-15)(Mk 1:29-31)(Lk 4:38-39)

#3. Healed the man with the withered hand (Mt 12:9-13)(Mk 3:1-6)(Lk 6:6-11)

#4. (Jn 5:1-18) - Healed the lame man by the pool of Bethesda

#5. (Lk 13:10-17) - Healed the crippled woman

#6. (Lk 14:1-6) - Healed the man with dropsy

#7. (Jn 9:1-7,14) - Healed the man born blind

Notice most of these were NOT even emergencies...He easily could have said "listen folks please come back after Sabbath as to not upset the Pharisees...." But He didn't. He meant to provoke by healing in public and with great drama to draw a crowd and "TAKE THE SABBATH DEEPER"...lol to use your words

Add to that He specifically asked we pray the Sabbath be kept in the future...for no other commandment was that asked for...THAT IS TAKING IT DEEPER

oh and well He actually derives His authority and Lordship from IT...no other commandment

It is not "I am lord of the don't steal" or "I am Lord of the sexually pure" or "I am the lord of the Torah"

Certainly not even "I am Lord of the New Covenent"...nope

But "I AM LORD OF THE SABBATH" how much deeper does that get?

You do understand how the Lordship thingy works yes?

You make it sound like Lords wish to destroy what gives them power...

I said
lolo That doesn't make any sense.

clefty

I said
lolo That doesn't make any sense.

Which part? That the Sabbath is brought into the New Testament or made deeper?

These are your terms...

It wasn't changed but upheld even the first full day of the new covenant was a Sabbath as was kept as such...

He rose rested, healed and refreshed...and His followers kept it...and met Him the next day first fruits day...

Pentecost found the followers meeting together again...another OT festival kept...as bday of the church...and well Paul wished to continue to hurry to keep the festivals in Jerusalem...the Sabbath too...and Peter kept kosher even

Paul instructed to celebrate the festival with the new unleavened bread of Spirit and truth...

So why are you not? But continuing the false witness of Jews who claimed He changed the law...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Which part? That the Sabbath is brought into the New Testament or made deeper?

These are your terms...

It wasn't changed but upheld even the first full day of the new covenant was a Sabbath as was kept as such...

He rose rested, healed and refreshed...and His followers kept it...and met Him the next day first fruits day...

Pentecost found the followers meeting together again...another OT festival kept...as bday of the church...and well Paul wished to continue to hurry to keep the festivals in Jerusalem...the Sabbath too...and Peter kept kosher even

Paul instructed to celebrate the festival with the new unleavened bread of Spirit and truth...

So why are you not? But continuing the false witness of Jews who claimed He changed the law...

I said
Yes Jesus healed on the Sabbath. Because Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

clefty

I said
Yes Jesus healed on the Sabbath. Because Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

Well then...there it is...right in the New Testament...brought from the Old and exemplified in the New...made DEEPER as you said...

And you said He didn't bring it into the New Testament...

And after He died and was buried...He Himself was healed in the rest of the seventh day Sabbath...imagine that one...healed on the Sabbath in the New Testament covenant...HOW MUCH DEEPER DOES THAT GET?

He was killed by those who rejected Him in the first marriage covenant so now He is free to marry again...the wife of this new covenant will be more faithful and obedient...her motivation is higher to please...ya dig?

So yup new covenant new marriage but He still wants the same thing He did from His first wife specifically obedience to His Father's OT will...to be on earth as it is in heaven...no Sunday Ham up there buddy...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well then...there it is...right in the New Testament...brought from the Old and exemplified in the New...made DEEPER as you said...

And you said He didn't bring it into the New Testament...

I said
That is a lie. You don't seem to pass up any and all chances to exaggerate. I have never said that the Sabbath wasn't in the new testament. I said it isn't a law in the new testament it is an option.

Rom 14:4-6
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I have given you revelations on the old testament, the old covenant, the old law, and hundreds of verses. And still you reject them on no more than your own opinion. I don't see what else I can do for you. But to turn you over to your imagination. I'm sorry you don't believe the new testament.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Your revelations are not from above my friend. Christ did not teach us to sin.

keypurr

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your revelations are not from above my friend. Christ did not teach us to sin.

I said
I don't know where you would get that from any of my revelations. You have had some very weird responses. As If I said something I didn't say. Or you see something that isn't there.
Anyway that will give me something to think about while I'm on vacation.

2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I don't know where you would get that from any of my revelations. You have had some very weird responses. As If I said something I didn't say. Or you see something that isn't there.

14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

Not keeping a Law...or pretending it no longer applies is breaking the Law...which in turn is well, you know, sin...

You twist scripture and add to it in order that you may pretend it no longer applies...

You argue that of the commandments, all are to be kept, BUT the Sabbath...it is a choice and you base it on a text about fasting not days of worship...

clefty

I said
That is a lie. You don't seem to pass up any and all chances to exaggerate. I have never said that the Sabbath wasn't in the new testament. I said it isn't a law in the new testament it is an option.

Rom 14:4-6
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

Sabbath is a commandment and is only known as a commandment it was never understood as an option by those in scripture...and it remained a commandment in NT scripture...

Of all the people at all times those carrying Him off the cross should have been the ones to choose NOT to keep it...imagine in your hands the very body of the One you loved more than anything who you believed was the SON OF GOD and YOUR SAVIOR...and there a bloodied corpse to be buried...you would think that the most important thing to do BUT IT WASNT hurrying to keep the Sabbath was...

You would think of all the people these would be the ones who knew the Sabbath was an option now...He is dead...they heard Him say it is finished...the NEW COVENANT AGE HAD BEGUN...the OT was FULFILLED AND DONE AWAY WITH...right? NOPE

They still hurried to KEEP THE SABBATH as was the commandment STILL...and after it was passed they came to finish burying the One they loved so much...The One Who saved them...the One who saved them from the CONDEMNATION OF THE LAW NOT THE LAW ITSELF...

These followers should have known Sabbath was an option but they did not...They continued to keep it as He even did resting in the tomb then rising healed refreshed into a glorified body...Sabbath does that Sabbath rest heals...STILL

Is why when Jews accused His followers of teaching the law was changed, scripture is clear the Jews were attempting to slander and stir up the people and with FALSE WITNESSES claiming the followers of the Way were teaching a change in the Law...

See Squeaky? if there was a change it would have been TRUE TESTIMONY not FALSE and his followers would have been happy that "burden" was lifted...but they as David delight in His Law...you should too...

At least enjoy your Sabbatical...

keypurr

I said

14Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

22Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

Squeak, for many years I debated this with myself. It got to the point where I had to decide what road to travel. I choose the road to God over the world. I paid a heavy price for my faith. People just do not understand why I was not satisfied with traditional religion. But in my heart I know that God has blessed me with some understanding of his words. My faith is very relaxed and comfortable. Have a great vacation my friend.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeak, for many years I debated this with myself. It got to the point where I had to decide what road to travel. I choose the road to God over the world. I paid a heavy price for my faith. People just do not understand why I was not satisfied with traditional religion. But in my heart I know that God has blessed me with some understanding of his words. My faith is very relaxed and comfortable. Have a great vacation my friend.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I said
And I believe that you do have some. But from time to time I think you miss the basic rules. Don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

And yet look at all the revelations and verses I shared with you, that you rejected on no more than your own opinion. Hundreds of verses and revelations that state to stay away from the old testament. And to believe Jesus and the new testament. I have the Holy Spirit and all the verses I share I get from the Holy Spirit.
Jesus did change the law, Jesus did annul the former commandments, Jesus did make the old testament obsolete.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Everything up until John the Baptist was the old testament law. And ANYONE who attempts to be justified by that has fallen from grace.

Luke 16:15-16
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
And I believe that you do have some. But from time to time I think you miss the basic rules. Don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

And yet look at all the revelations and verses I shared with you, that you rejected on no more than your own opinion. Hundreds of verses and revelations that state to stay away from the old testament. And to believe Jesus and the new testament. I have the Holy Spirit and all the verses I share I get from the Holy Spirit.
Jesus did change the law, Jesus did annul the former commandments, Jesus did make the old testament obsolete.

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Everything up until John the Baptist was the old testament law. And ANYONE who attempts to be justified by that has fallen from grace.

Luke 16:15-16
15And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
16"The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13"For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

My friend I try not to add or take away from scripture. But I do think deep about a lot of the words. For seventy years I have read and reread the Bible. I do not understand the content as you do. I do not see the Ten changed or done away with as you do. Posting the same verses over and over will not test my thoughts. I respect your right to believe as you do and I do consider you a brother in Christ. But it will take a lot more than you offer to change my mind.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus healed on the Sabbath because of the ox in the ditch principle.

I said
I think Jesus healed on the Sabbath to show us that He took away the law of "Keep the Sabbath day" Jesus has always been our example of what pleases God the Father. And what God allows. The Sabbath is ok but not a law anymore.

clefty

Jesus healed on the Sabbath because of the ox in the ditch principle.

Of those 7 He healed on the. Sabbath only the demon possessed might have been an emergency the others could have waited until after the Sabbath...some didn't even ask...but accepted when He did...

He chose to provoke and instigate the very response He got...to steal the Sabbath back from what the Pharisees had made of it...

He could have just spoken and healed but instead made great drama with props and further instructions...all of which designed to provoke further outcry...

He is Lord of the Sabbath not them...and doesn't approve of others defining what He made...adding to the word...or removing...

It remains to do His Father's will on earth as it is in Heaven...no Sunday Ham up there...