Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

We keep NOTHING from the OT.
yup thought so...so you murder steal commit adultery? Et al

Christ Jesus fulfilled the OT (law and prophets)
yup and asked you do the same...follow Him...obey His commandments...if you love Him...

I live in the New Covenant.
good...so you live as He did and taught before signing the NT with His blood and sealing it with His death? NO CHANGES AFTER TESTATOR IS DEAD...No Sunday Ham after church then yes?

Which Covenant do you live in?
same as you but my love for you would never have you work on Sabbaths or eat swine etc...

Oh and I would not murder or steal or lie or covet or dishonor my parents or adultery or worship another god or make idols or take His name in vain...at least try so help me Yah...

How about you...any of those...none? 9 out of 10?

By our fruits we will know if we are in full fellowship then...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
clefty;5301009[url said:
https://biblethingsinbibleways.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/was-the-law-changed-misunderstandings-regarding-hebrews-712/[/url]

A website from Sri Lanka that claims the cinnamon used in Solomon's Temple was from Sri Lanka?

Seriously?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
yup and asked you do the same...follow Him...obey His commandments...if you love Him...

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Do you still follow that commandment from Jesus?

clefty

Hi meshak.

So nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

To answer your question, let's look at what Paul said:

(Eph 5:18 KJV) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

The verse is the best example of how I can explain it. It's a VOLUNTARY decision, that is rooted in what Christ Jesus said:

(Matt 22:37-40 KJV) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

In my opinion, that's how we live the Spirit filled life in Christ Jesus.

We are not robots, and our volition doesn't end once we are saved.

Warmest Regards,

tet

Love is all you need eh?

what type of love the love of the world? How pagans love? How Buddhists love each other? Muslims? All these people L O V E...neat eh?

No Yahushua was clear we are to “love one another AS I HAVE LOVED YOU”

So did He ever invite anyone over for Sunday Ham dinners after Sunday church? NO...so WWJD? do THAT...and that will be love as He loved you...and fulfilling the still existing law...

Can’t change a covenant after the testator is dead...dont be thinking you can add or edit a contract He signed with His blood and SEALED with His death...NO FURTHER CHANGES...

Again...WWJD? Do THAT...that is the love as He loved you...and duh that fulfills the law...

Obviously the law wasnt abolished at the cross as it remains to fulfill with our WWJD? love...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The temple was destroyed in 70AD.
True. It was not the first time. There are at least two prior times to this.
No atonement can be made away from the temple.
Why do you say this?
Without a temple, there is no atonement (under the law)
Can you show this to be the case?
The priesthood changed, and so did the law:
yes
(Heb 7:12 KJV) For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
correct
see above
no, you are incorrect
The Ezekiel temple is not a lesson in prophecy and how it can be unfulfilled and still be true.
"heaven and earth" isn't literal, it refers to the old covenant.
not sure
Your rabbi CANNOT trace his lineage to the tribe of Levi.
I don't know that.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
good...so you live as He did and taught before signing the NT with His blood and sealing it with His death? NO CHANGES AFTER TESTATOR IS DEAD...No Sunday Ham after church then yes?

The Apostle Paul was a minister of the New Covenant:

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Apostle Paul was given his gospel by the Risen Lord Jesus Christ. Paul's gospel was not of the letter, but of the Spirit.

You seem to keep wanting to go back to the letter. Why is that?

clefty

Holy Spirit
that is comforting to hear...

So the this Spirit helps you live contrary prior law? Or to follow Him His way?

More like Him or like your former self or the world...

Can’t see the Holy Spirit only guiding you to do His will...all of it...as the covenant was SEALED

The Law was fulfilled by Christ Jesus.
indeed it was and He asked you to follow Him...do as He did...if you love Him...

We now live in a new law, a new priesthood, and a new covenant.
2 out of 3 aint bad...

Quit trying to put new wine in old wineskins!
trying the new wine they say the old is better...

No human being did/can/will live the "lifestyle" that Christ Jesus lived.
yup...just like nobody bats 1000 but it sure is fun trying...

Happily we dont need to in order to BE SAVED we merely WANT TO TRY because we were saved...that pleases Him

You appear very confused as to what covenant you live under.

Could you please tell us?
the one He taught and demonstrated and sealed and well no changes now cuz the testator died...it is sealed...why you want to make changes...claim law is abolished....

All 10 are in the NT and then some...

clefty

Nope, but He did call the Canaanite woman a dog in Matthew 15.

Why would Jesus call a woman a dog?

Feel free to research and discover it wasnt actually a dog but family pet...puppy actually...

Why would He say think NOT that I have come to destroy the Law...

And well you keep thinking that...despite calling it fulfilled...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
True. It was not the first time. There are at least two prior times to this.

The temple was completely destroyed twice. First by the Babylonians, and then by the Romans.

There were other times were it was invaded (Antiochus IV Epiphanes, Pompey, etc.)

Why do you say this?

Because it was the one day of the year that the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies. The Holy of Holies was in the temple (Moses' Tabernacle prior to the temples)
Can you show this to be the case?

see above

clefty

The Apostle Paul was a minister of the New Covenant:

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Apostle Paul was given his gospel by the Risen Lord Jesus Christ. Paul's gospel was not of the letter, but of the Spirit.

You seem to keep wanting to go back to the letter. Why is that?

Paul says copy me as I copy Christ...is why he went to synagogues on Sabbath and didnt instruct gentiles otherwise...did NOT say ”meet me tomorrow on mars hill for our power hour worship”

clefty

(Matt 10:5) These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Do you still follow that commandment from Jesus?

Neither do I put my net on the other side of the boat or come down out of a tree...or take up my bed and go home...

But that which the pharisees teach from Moses seat I do...not as they do...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Ezekiel temple is not a lesson in prophecy and how it can be unfulfilled and still be true.

Ezekiel was a captive in Babylon.

Ezekiel gave a vision of what the SECOND temple would look like once it was rebuilt.

It's preposterous to claim Ezekiel was prophesying a third temple, when the second temple hadn't even been built yet.

Moreover, Ezekiel speaks of animal sacrifices for sin atonement five different times in his temple.

Are you really going to claim that AFTER the cross, and what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross, there is going to be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the yet future?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The temple was completely destroyed twice. First by the Babylonians, and then by the Romans.

There were other times were it was invaded (Antiochus IV Epiphanes, Pompey, etc.)

Because it was the one day of the year that the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies. The Holy of Holies was in the temple (Moses' Tabernacle prior to the temples)

see above

I am asking if there is atonement in more than the offering on Yom Kippur.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ezekiel was a captive in Babylon.

Ezekiel gave a vision of what the SECOND temple would look like once it was rebuilt.

It's preposterous to claim Ezekiel was prophesying a third temple, when the second temple hadn't even been built yet.

Moreover, Ezekiel speaks of animal sacrifices for sin atonement five different times in his temple.

Are you really going to claim that AFTER the cross, and what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross, there is going to be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the yet future?

I do not have a problem with animal sacrifice in the future. This is because of Paul in Acts and the Ezekiel temple having yet to be fulfilled. I guess the dimensions or specifications did not come about with the second temple.

clefty

Putting aside the Meatloaf song, which 1 of the 3 are you claiming is not in place?

Priesthood
Law
Covenat

????

Lol...

Well covenant is new...

Priesthood is new...

Law is not...”here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”

What was that faith? His faith? More like judaism than Buddhism you agree?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul says copy me as I copy Christ...is why he went to synagogues on Sabbath and didnt instruct gentiles otherwise...did NOT say ”meet me tomorrow on mars hill for our power hour worship”

(1 Cor 9:20) To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.

Paul made it clear that he wasn't under the law. Why do you make yourself under the law?