Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
You are beyond help. In spite of numerous scriptures you still cannot see or understand that the law has been abolished. If you had the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, you would know that the law has been abolished. Very, very sad indeed.

I've reduced him to this word-for-word spam, copy'npaste, which he posts on every third post, to everyone, that disagrees with him. ANSWER YOUR OWN ARGUMENT, Pate-NOW:

Tell us, you wicked evader Pate, why murder, rape, theft,..................are wrong,sins, citing the specific objective standard, by which you make that assessment-NOW.

Tell us, you wicked evader Pate,since you admit that you commit sins, what specific objective standard, do you cite, that defines the sins you commit. Cannot be the law of God, deceiver, for, according to your demonic doctrine, it was eliminated 2000+ years ago.

Tell us Pate, how Christ could die for your future sins, 2000+ years ago, if, as you assert, the law was made void, destroyed, eliminated, at the cross, that same objective law of God, that defines sins/transgressions, since:

1 John 3:4 KJV

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

How can this "Jesus" die for your future sins, if there are no sins committed by you?

Well, Pate?

How can anyone be charged with sin, if there is no law, and thus no transgression/sin incurred?

Well, demon Pate?

Romans 4:15 KJV

because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

If there is no law, today, Pate, as you satanically assert, and thus no transgression/sin, how can you/anyone assert Christ died for your/our sins/sin debt-there are none, for which he can die?

If there is no law, today, Pate, as you satanically assert, and thus no transgression/sin, how can you/anyone assert that a lost person be charged with sins?

ANSWER Pate-you've been asked this over 100 times by me, others.

Pate's demonic "logic:"If the law exists, that means you live by it, are under its jurisdiction, condemned by it, and thus, Pate's solution is not that Christ died for our sins, which are defined by an existing law of God, but to destroy the law,so that their is no sin debt, for which He can die.

That is his satanic "good news."

6. There is no sin where there is no law, Romans 4:15.....I am a sinner..

1.Pate: I am a sinner, even though I cite Romans 4:15 KJV, meaning I have no sin.

=straight jacket time/dementia

2. So, if there is no law, no sin, Christ died for what sins-they don't exist, according to you?

Well, Pate?

I will "dumb it down" for you, again, due to the erosion of your mind:

How can one be charged with a speeding offense(sin/transgression), .......if there is no law against it, and thus, by definition, no fine/penalty(sin debt) can be imposed?

Well? Christ died for what sin debt, you say? How's that,Pate? There is no law, that can be transgressed, for which a sin debt is incurred.

clefty

I am going to pick out this one point and demand honesty. Please go look up the word "ordinance" in a dictionary. I've already done this for you (and posted the definition) but either you refuse to read, or willingly substituting a different meaning entirely to escape the meaning of this passage.

Colossians 2:13-14 KJV
(13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
(14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
thanks for all that...

Ordinances are laws,
indeed they are and as laws they are tools to administer the BIGGER LAW of justice and peace for the community...that ticket you hold in your hand for disturbing that peace is a new handwritten law that states you have to appear before one who represents the bigger LAW you transgressed...whether it be for speeding or a noise violation or trespassing with poor parking or what not...that little law you hold in your hand states the fee the penalty the amount you MUST PAY BY LAW...so dont throw it away...it is a law...handwritten...held against you...your desire to do what you wanted contrast to the community’s will for peace...thus that law to pay is contrary to you the violator...

The Law you broke is NOT CONTRARY to one who has NOT broken it...it preserves his peace...and from you rebellious types...

not the transgressions or penalties of laws, but the laws themselves.
close...the transgression itself it is NOT you are the transgressors and transgression is merely noted on this little ticket held against you...

Ordinances included commandments.
indeed they do...look at that ticket...it clearly states who you must see...where...what time...and why and for how much and maybe some other stuff to facilitate you in your state of transgression of the LAW...in fact it protects you...state who and how much and what clearly and thus you are not violated in your transgression by and abuse of this transgression...

Hebrews 9:1 KJV
(1) Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
indeed it did...just like the noah covenant had the rainbow...EVERY LAW has ordinance to administer it...mini laws themselves...of the greater LAW

Ephesians 2:13-15 KJV
(13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
(15) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

That law of commandments contained in ordinances were MAN MADE in man’s attempt to KEEP THE LARGER LAW namely the seperation of goy from jews...

It was a literal wall found on the temple court and was removed IN HIM making jew and gentile ONE new man so making peace...

Now IN HIM there is neither jew nor gentile...but still CITIZEN OF ISRAEL...NO LONGER FOREIGER the goy were welcomed into the house of Yah...keep His house rules

If you re-write scripture I suppose you can make it say whatever you want, but for those of us with faith enough in Christ to believe the scripture but we are told that the ordinances and the law of commandments contained in those ordinances are abolished and nailed to the cross.
yup they were all “taken care of” our little tickets are paid for...those little commandments to show up and pay...NAILED TO THE CROWSS...but the bigger Law remains...as does our NEED OF HIM

If indeed the Law was nailed to the cross abolished HOW WOULD WE KNOW SIN AND OUR NEED OF HIM?

And if you cannot understand why you would "not murder" or "not commit adultery" without the law of Moses and the Ten Commandments, then I say to you that you clearly do not understand the commandments of God, even specifically the commandments of Jesus Christ of our new covenant in his blood.

I do understand because His OLD Law was written in our hearts and minds in the NEW COVENANT...duh...in fact Yahushua AMPLIFIED THE LAW to include not just actually murdering but being MAD at your brother...wow...so He added to the Law to reveal it’s original intent...

What I dont understand is that you insist its only 9/10ths of the law...or less...maybe just those 4 things in Acts 15?

and ironically YOU MISS that foreigners were given that Sabbath rest too...even in the OT...already in the OT

Yahushua was accused of breaking the LAW of the Sabbath by those who had created new commands and ordinances in how to keep that LAW...He did NOT abolish the law itself but paid for your violations and protected you from further abuse of it from counterfeit man made laws...

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
You are beyond help. In spite of numerous scriptures you...

No, all you do, deceiver, is spam verses, in isolation, deleting those preceding the verse, and those following, delete words from scriptures, replace biblical words with your "Pate-anity" made up words/phrases, and add words to the scriptures, and, of course, in hypocrisy, cite "scriptures," while deleting most of scriptures:
The Old Testament has been abolished...The written scriptures have been abolished...

=satanic

And his mind is so far gone, he says "written scriptures." Scripture, by definition, is written. A mind disintegrating is sad.

Rosenritter

thanks for all that...

indeed they are and as laws they are tools to administer the BIGGER LAW of justice and peace for the community...that ticket you hold in your hand for disturbing that peace is a new handwritten law that states you have to appear before one who represents the bigger LAW you transgressed...whether it be for speeding or a noise violation or trespassing with poor parking or what not...that little law you hold in your hand states the fee the penalty the amount you MUST PAY BY LAW...so dont throw it away...it is a law...handwritten...held against you...your desire to do what you wanted contrast to the community’s will for peace...thus that law to pay is contrary to you the violator...

The Law you broke is NOT CONTRARY to one who has NOT broken it...it preserves his peace...and from you rebellious types...

close...the transgression itself it is NOT you are the transgressors and transgression is merely noted on this little ticket held against you...

indeed they do...look at that ticket...it clearly states who you must see...where...what time...and why and for how much and maybe some other stuff to facilitate you in your state of transgression of the LAW...in fact it protects you...state who and how much and what clearly and thus you are not violated in your transgression by and abuse of this transgression...

indeed it did...just like the noah covenant had the rainbow...EVERY LAW has ordinance to administer it...mini laws themselves...of the greater LAW

That law of commandments contained in ordinances were MAN MADE in man’s attempt to KEEP THE LARGER LAW namely the seperation of goy from jews...

It was a literal wall found on the temple court and was removed IN HIM making jew and gentile ONE new man so making peace...

Now IN HIM there is neither jew nor gentile...but still CITIZEN OF ISRAEL...NO LONGER FOREIGER the goy were welcomed into the house of Yah...

yup they were all “taken care of” our little tickets are paid for...those little commandments to show up and pay...NAILED TO THE CROWSS...but the bigger Law remains...as does our NEED OF HIM

I do understand because His OLD Law was written in our hearts and minds in the NEW COVENANT...duh...in fact Yahushua AMPLIFIED THE LAW to include not just actually murdering but being MAD at your brother...wow...so He added to the Law to reveal it’s original intent...

What I dont understand is that you insist its only 9/10ths of the law...or less...maybe just those 4 things in Acts 15?

and ironically YOU MISS that foreigners were given that Sabbath rest too...even in the OT...already in the OT

Yahushua was accused of breaking the LAW of the Sabbath by those who had created new commands and ordinances in how to keep that LAW...He did NOT abolish the law itself but paid for your violations and protected you from further abuse of it from counterfeit man made laws...

First, your "speeding ticket" theory is hardly applicable. It seems that you are trying very hard to invent a reason why we shouldn't believe what the passage tells us plainly. Are those ordinances against us done away with, or not? It does not say "in part" or give any other qualifier.

We are plainly told that the laws against us are nailed to the cross and the law of commandments is abolished, that we are not to be judged after meats or sabbath days, or even to judge for or against one another for those that honor specific days. We are told that we are given a new covenant in new blood, and that in that it is new it does away with the old.

So your argument as I understand it contains two parts. The first requires that all passages expressly telling us that the old covenant is obsolete and those laws and ordinances have been done away with must be ignored or explained away. The second part is to demand an argument from silence. That is, you must insist that "The Fourth Commandment" was commanded of Adam and all his posterity, and this is an argument from silence, since scripture has no record of such a covenant. So what fuels this assumption? Why of course, the Sabbath must be so valuable and worshiped that how could it have ever been any other way?

If you understood the law you would not be arguing that the source for "do not be angry with your brother" was not from the Old Covenant or the Ten Commandments. Covenants are not changeable things. They are "written in stone" and the terms are not rearranged on whim.

The entire law of Moses is part of the old covenant that is of no more effect. Not 1/10th or 9/10th or 4/10th. I get the impression that you have been so focused on trying to argue for Sabbath Keeping come Hell or High Water that you haven't heard the New Covenant. Perhaps you could ask some questions?

musterion

Some of the above posts were provided by the Patetron 3000 Artificial Intelligence System, simulating human interaction with simple repeated word strings since November 23, 2018. Call one of our friendly and knowledgeable dealers today!

"Is it live or is it Pate?"

john w

Hall of Fame
Some of the above posts were provided by the Patetron 3000 Artificial Intelligence System, simulating human interaction with simple repeated word strings since November 23, 2018. Call one of our friendly and knowledgeable dealers today!

Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was the life of Jesus that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

john w

Hall of Fame

All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for us.

triathlon-1.jpeg

john w

Hall of Fame
The law was abolished for Christians, but not for sinners.

Paul, to members of the boc, Christians:

Romans 6 KJV
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3

That is, does grace "give us an excuse," rational, to sin?

What? Paul references "sin," which is defined as the transgression of God's law, which, by definition, EXISTS, is not destroyed "for Christians," as Pate satanically asserts. It is not the "rule of life," for Christians, but it still exists,despite Pate's illogical, made up "Well, the law was abolished for some, un-abolished for others" slop, that only an insane person would argue.

PS:

I am a sinner. All Christians are sinners.

The law was abolished for Christians, but not for sinners.

=he asserts that the law is not abolished for him, since he admits he is a sinner.

And he admits, even though his eroding mind cannot grasp it, that the law has not been abolished for him, since the law defines what sin is, the sins that he admits that he commits.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All that believe the teachings of John W. are religious reprobates. A reprobate does not have the Holy Spirit, who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13. They have not been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. The abolishment of the law is a major part of the Gospel, to be under the law or subject to it is to be under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

10 REASONS WHY JESUS ABOLISHED THE LAW.

1. The law does not save, nor does it justify, Romans 7:6.

2. The law is not made or intended for Christians, 1 Timothy 1:9.

3. The law causes one to sin, Romans 7:8, 9.

4. The law does not make one righteous, Galatians 2:21.

5. The law brings God's wrath on those that practice the law, Romans 4:15.

6. There is no sin where there is no law, Romans 4:15.

7. Jesus wants us to live by the Spirit, not the law, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

8. The letter (law) kills, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

9. The law brings a curse on those that live by it, Galatians 3:10.

10. Works, obedience, law keeping, does not please God. The only thing that pleases God is faith in his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 4:5.

No.

Romans 7:13 NASB - Therefore did that which is good become [a cause of] death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

clefty

First, your "speeding ticket" theory is hardly applicable. It seems that you are trying very hard to invent a reason why we shouldn't believe what the passage tells us plainly. Are those ordinances against us done away with, or not? It does not say "in part" or give any other qualifier

Not so fast there buddy! Speeding ticket for you haha... Here is a real life application on a live state web to that definition:

“If you receive a city or town ordinance or bylaw violation ticket, you have 21 days to pay it. Otherwise, you need to request a hearing within 21 days. Fines can be up to $300, and vary depending on the ordinance or bylaw.

The procedure for paying a fine varies depending on whether or not the town who issued the ticket has adopted G.L. c. 40U, which allows cities and towns more control over enforcing penalties, particularly for violations of ordinances or bylaws about sanitation, housing, and snow and ice removal.”

So you can readily see that the ordinance is only a small part of the over all state law...locally enforced and specifically applied.

So back to your questioning...

so by its very definition the ordinance is exactly only PART of the Law...the part that is activated by a violation of a zone or lesser law even...to a or of a LESSER governmental body...such as a town municipality etc.

So it is a lesser violation to a lesser law of a lesser governmental body...

I mean imagine the federal government sentencing you to death for a town noise violation...abuse yes?

So back to that text so horribly tortured by yours to argue the SUPREME LAW of Yah is abolished...

Col 2:14 as already discussed this handwritten ordinance or requirement or debt or decree or charges...(look up the various translations yourself) is indeed blotted out and entirely...done away with...nailed to the cross

But in no way is the entirety of the ETERNAL LAW removed or as I and others here at TOL and elsewhere assert if it were abolished then HOW WOULD WE KNOW SIN AND OUR NEED OF HIM HIS SALVATION?

And again, as I have so often repeated, Christians normally do NOT claim they are free to steal and kill and lie etc because the Law is done away with...in fact WWJD?! is their mantra...however when I bring up the seventh day Sabbath it all falls apart and suddenly it’s “the law is abolished...we are under grace.“ LOL

We are plainly told that the laws against us are nailed to the cross and the law of commandments is abolished,

Please show me which translation says that:

New International Version
having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

New Living Translation
He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.

English Standard Version
by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Berean Study Bible
having canceled the debt ascribed to us in the decrees that stood against us. He took it away, nailing it to the cross!

Berean Literal Bible
having blotted out the handwriting in the decrees against us, which was adverse to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

New American Standard Bible
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Christian Standard Bible
He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it away by nailing it to the cross.

Contemporary English Version
God wiped out the charges that were against us for disobeying the Law of Moses. He took them away and nailed them to the cross.

Good News Translation
he canceled the unfavorable record of our debts with its binding rules and did away with it completely by nailing it to the cross.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the cross.

International Standard Version
having erased the charges that were brought against us, along with their obligations that were hostile to us. He took those charges away when he nailed them to the cross.

NET Bible
He has destroyed what was against us, a certificate of indebtedness expressed in decrees opposed to us. He has taken it away by nailing it to the cross.

New Heart English Bible
wiping out the handwriting in ordinances which was against us; and he has taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And he has blotted out by his authority the bill of our debts which was adverse to us and he took it from the midst and nailed it to his cross.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
He did this by erasing the charges that were brought against us by the written laws God had established. He took the charges away by nailing them to the cross.

New American Standard 1977
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Jubilee Bible 2000
blotting out the bill of the decrees that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross {Gr. stauro – stake},

King James 2000 Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

American King James Version

American Standard Version
having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross;

Douay-Rheims Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of the decree that was against us, which was contrary to us. And he hath taken the same out of the way, fastening it to the cross:

Darby Bible Translation
having effaced the handwriting in ordinances which [stood out] against us, which was contrary to us, he has taken it also out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;

English Revised Version
having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross;

Webster's Bible Translation
Blotting out the hand-writing of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Weymouth New Testament
The bond, with its requirements, which was in force against us and was hostile to us, He cancelled, and cleared it out of the way, nailing it to His Cross.

World English Bible
wiping out the handwriting in ordinances which was against us; and he has taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross;

Young's Literal Translation
having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;”

So did you find one that said the Law was abolished? Btw Typically the L in law is capitalized when referring to the LAW the 10 big ones

So did you see it?...where does it say what you want it to say ”the Law was abolished”?...what Christendom has false witnessed about for thousands of years?

that we are not to be judged after meats or sabbath days, or even to judge for or against one another for those that honor specific days.
asked and answered...we are not to be judged for keeping them as non believing jews would not care if believers were NOT keeping them...duh...

We are told that we are given a new covenant in new blood, and that in that it is new it does away with the old.
yes and that new covenant was taught and modeled by the testator Himself as His last will and testament and then He died signing it with His blood and sealing it with his death...you are NOT allowed by law to change last wills and testaments...so...why all the changes?

So your argument as I understand it contains two parts. The first requires that all passages expressly telling us that the old covenant is obsolete and those laws and ordinances have been done away with must be ignored or explained away.
DONE...the Law remains the tickets are paid for...if the Law was done away with then nobody post DBR would be ticketed...duh

The second part is to demand an argument from silence. That is, you must insist that "The Fourth Commandment" was commanded of Adam and all his posterity, and this is an argument from silence, since scripture has no record of such a covenant.
it is enough He modeled it and we are created to be in His image...as even secular couples who love each other do the same thing together

So what fuels this assumption? Why of course, the Sabbath must be so valuable and worshiped that how could it have ever been any other way?
it remains holy and sanctified and a memorial and a sign of His people...and remains for His people Heb 4:9

If you understood the law you would not be arguing that the source for "do not be angry with your brother" was not from the Old Covenant or the Ten Commandments.
wasn’t arguing that but you are right it is in the OT...Yahushua was teaching the spiritual inner man about it all...not just external actions but an inner transformed circumcised heart...the goal of the as demonstrated by Him hence He is the goal of the Law...

Covenants are not changeable things. They are "written in stone" and the terms are not rearranged on whim.
and yet all of the 10 laws are rearranged into the new...and others besides

The entire law of Moses is part of the old covenant that is of no more effect. Not 1/10th or 9/10th or 4/10th.
right and the new covenant has all 10 as He taught and demonstrated...then was killed for the demonstration but sealing that new covenant around the same laws now written in hearts and minds and led by the Holy Spirit into keeping...

I get the impression that you have been so focused on trying to argue for Sabbath Keeping come Hell or High Water that you haven't heard the New Covenant. Perhaps you could ask some questions?

Ok...so how come you only wish to keep 9 of the 10 laws?

Robert Pate

Banned
No.

Romans 7:13 NASB - Therefore did that which is good become [a cause of] death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful.

Jacob, you are in the same boat with John W. and others. You are in denial of what the scriptures are saying. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus abolished the law. If you cannot believe the Bible then you are like a ship without a rudder. You, John W. and others will go into the judgment and will be judged and condemned by the law, simply because you are under it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, you are in the same boat with John W. and others. You are in denial of what the scriptures are saying. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus abolished the law. If you cannot believe the Bible then you are like a ship without a rudder. You, John W. and others will go into the judgment and will be judged and condemned by the law, simply because you are under it.
I am not under the law Robert Pate. I am saved and justified by the blood of Jesus. I am teaching you how you are wrong. You can prove me wrong or share your experience with the verse, but something about the scripture that I have shared may be good. Shalom. Peace. Jacob