RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God.

Robert Pate

Banned
God chooses those He will save.

Who do you think God will choose?

God tells us whom He chooses.

He chooses those who believe and obeys.

Jesus saves those he accepts, see Acts 15:8.

Jesus accepts those who fear God and do what is right, see Acts 10:35.

Those who get his teachings and obeys them, see John 14:23.

Jesus saves those who are on the side of truth see John 18:37.

Jesus saves those who do right and come to the light, see John 3:21.

Jesus saves those who obey, see Acts 5:32.

Jesus saves those who do what he says to do, see Luke 8:21.

Jesus saves those who love him, and those who love him are those who obey, see John 14:21.

Jesus saves those who seek him with all their heart and soul, Jeremiah 29:13, and Matthew 7:7; who love Him with all their heart and soul and mind, Matthew 22:37.

Those people who obey God are those who seek Him with their all their heart and soul. See Deuteronomy 6:5, 10:12, 11:13,26:16, 30:2, 30:10; Joshua 22:5; 1 Kings 8:48; NASB Psalm 119:2; Psalm 34:4.

Those who change and become like little children, see Matthew 18:3.

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ. Not only did he chose all of humanity, all of humanity was reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saves" Romans 10:13.

Paul said, "To him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Your doctrine is anti-grace and anti-Gospel.

radind

They were called simply witnesses, not "eyewitnesses". Yes, there were evidences but "hear-say" evidences. Hear-say evidences are as good as no evidence at all.

I don’t agree that all the evidence is hearsay. This debate has been ongoing for 2000 years and I realize that this will not be settled here. Each person must examine the evidence and come to a personal decision. My conclusion is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is my Lord and my Savior.
Romans 10:9-10
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.(ESV)

John 20:27-29
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.”28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”(ESV)

http://www.theism.net/authors/pnarkinsky/hearsay.html

… “writing about Jesus was a statement against interest, and the gospels are admissible even if they are hearsay.”…

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-resurrection-of-jesus
… "the original disciples believed in and were willing to go to their deaths for the fact of Jesus’ resurrection. Luke Johnson, a New Testament scholar from Emory University, muses, “some sort of powerful, transformative experience is required to generate the sort of movement earliest Christianity was . . . .” N. T. Wright, an eminent British scholar, concludes, “that is why, as a historian, I cannot explain the rise of early Christianity unless Jesus rose again, leaving an empty tomb behind him.””…

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Just believe what is clearly written.

Galatians 3:

11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”

12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

GT:

Faith and Obedience are on two separate planes.
After Faith, the in dwelling Spirit changes our hearts without effort.

BE STILL and THE LORD WILL FIGHT FOR YOU.

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ.

All humanity has to come to Jesus as someone who repents from their sins.

Not only did he chose all of humanity, all of humanity was reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saves" Romans 10:13.

Anyone who calls Jesus Lord had better be obeying him, because those are the only people he knows and hears.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

James 1:22
Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves

Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Paul said, "To him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Paul was a pharisee and knew that ALL USED to have to do the purification/ceremonial works. Paul is teaching that no one has to do those works anymore---Paul is NOT saying we do not have to obey!

God's Truth

Galatians 3:

11 Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”

12 But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

GT:

Faith and Obedience are on two separate planes.
After Faith, the in dwelling Spirit changes our hearts without effort.

BE STILL and THE LORD WILL FIGHT FOR YOU.

How much clearer does it have to be for you? Faith. alone. is. DEAD. it. CANNOT. save. anyone.

See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Believe...

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ. Not only did he chose all of humanity, all of humanity was reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saves" Romans 10:13.

Beautiful Post!

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Robert Pate

Banned
The no works are NOT no obey, as Pate believes.

The no works are about not having to get circumcised and sacrifice animals!

No works does not mean hey guess what, we no longer have to obey God! lol

You have a serious problem with the Bible.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

God's Truth

You have a serious problem with the Bible.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Paul is not saying no obey! lol

Paul is saying no works as in the purification/ceremonial works!

Can you imagine Paul speaking ANYTHING against OBEDIENCE!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Paul is not saying no obey! lol

Paul is saying no works as in the purification/ceremonial works!

Can you imagine Paul speaking ANYTHING against OBEDIENCE!
Yes, in light of obedience of the flesh, unto perfection.

He spoke against the attempt.

The walk is perpetually faith in Jesus alone and works of Love. 1 Cor 13 says so.

Faith yields sons and daughters.

Obedience yields slaves.

Walking in faith and bearing the fruits of the Spirit is the obedience Paul speaks of.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Yes, in light of obedience of the flesh, unto perfection.

He spoke against the attempt.

The walk is perpetually faith in Jesus alone and works of Love. 1 Cor 13 says so.

Faith yields sons and daughters.

Obedience yields slaves.

Walking in faith and bearing the fruits of the Spirit is the obedience Paul speaks of.

No, it is not a teaching to say do not even try to obey. We are told many times to obey, we are even warned about it.

God's Truth

We are warned to stop worrying and trust that perfect Love casts out ALL fear.

Does Jesus Love and teach the imperfect?

We are WARNED to OBEY.

People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
We are WARNED to OBEY.

People can fall away from Jesus see Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 2 Peter 3:17. We are warned not to drift away, Hebrews 2:1, not to draw back, Hebrews 10:38; to hold on and stand firm, Hebrews 3:14, 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15. We are told how not to fall, 2 Peter 1:10, how not to be hardened, Hebrews 3:8,13.

God can throw people out, Matthew 22:13, blot people out, Exodus 32:32-33, remove your lampstand, Revelation 2:5, sign you a place with unbelievers, Luke 12:46, and cut you off, Romans 11:19-21. We can become defiled, Hebrews 12:15. Our lamps can burn out, Matthew 25:8. We can cause ourselves to have to have Christ formed in us again, Galatians 4:19.

We are told how to remain in Jesus, John 6:56, and if we do Jesus will remain in us, John 15:4. Jesus tells us of the good if we remain in him, John 15:5, and of the bad when we do not, John 15:6. Jesus exhorts us to remain in him, John 15:9, 10, Acts 14:22, and 1 John 2:24.

Jesus = Freedom = Friendship = Faith that Yields non judgmental understanding of self and others = Perfection as God = The turning away from the idea that God's Love demands human Perfection = Turning away from proclaiming we are perfect any other way than His Love in Place of our Sinful flesh = humility = hope

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

Jesus = Freedom = Friendship = Faith that Yields non judgmental understanding of self and others = Perfection as God = The turning away from the idea that God's Love demands human Perfection = Turning away from proclaiming we are perfect any other way than His Love in Place of our Sinful flesh = humility = hope

I do not know what books you have been reading, maybe some new age material; however, God's written Word says God will judge us and there is no favoritism. There is no favoritism means you cannot say, "But God, I am a believer...but I am a Christian".

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Robert Pate

Banned
I do not know what books you have been reading, maybe some new age material; however, God's written Word says God will judge us and there is no favoritism. There is no favoritism means you cannot say, "But God, I am a believer...but I am a Christian".

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

You serve the same God that the Catholics serve. The taskmaster God. Better not fail or he will crack you on your back with his whip.