Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Israel are the people who follow Jesus, Jew or Gentile. What people like Tambora here do is try to split the gospel in two, which is ridiculous because Jesus did not leave that option.

The Gospel is one, but so is God, and His work isn't complete yet.

He issued the Royal decree, but harvest time doesn't start until......

The fullness of the Gentiles have arrived.........

On that note,

I'm whipping up one of my lengthy Expositions on Romans 11.

It matters, because it is an example that salvation isn't as black and white as reformed theology has made it.

Was the reformation good? Yes.

Was it the end of understanding? No.

Romans 11 expo to come soon. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Israel are the people who follow Jesus, Jew or Gentile. What people like Tambora here do is try to split the gospel in two, which is ridiculous because Jesus did not leave that option.

She's probably a dispensationalist, being that they love to shift and divide every grace and blessing in the scriptures :rolleyes:
Dispensationalism is neither traditional or orthodox.

Indeed He did: Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Your ignorance has NO limitations.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Indeed He did: Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Your ignorance has NO limitations.

Notice he said the 'lost sheep of Israel' and not 'Israel'. He was the champion of the poor and humble, and didn't distinguish between a reprobate Jew or Gentile.

Proper Christianity- go learn some :wave2:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
During that time in history there were two Messages being preached:

1) Peter and the rest of the Apostles preached the "Kingdom Gospel" to the Jews.

2) Paul preached the "Grace Gospel" to the Gentiles.

Out of his immense ignorance, Cruc doesn't know how to "Rightly Divide" the word of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Notice he said the 'lost sheep of Israel' and not 'Israel'. He was the champion of the poor and humble, and didn't distinguish between a reprobate Jew or Gentile.

Proper Christianity- go learn some :wave2:

Unfortunately, you don't KNOW what you're talking about, my foul-mouthed friend.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ didn't come to the Gentiles in Matthew through John. He wasn't preaching to them. Later, Paul was sent to be the Apostle to the Gentiles, preaching the "Grace Gospel." So, once more Cruc is showing off his bountiful ignorance.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still are.

Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Look at the context. Paul is making several points in Chapter 11. 1. Not all Jews are reprobate, since Paul is himself a Jew! 2. Gentiles and Jews have both sinned and are in need of a Savior, and both have received mercy. 3. Paul's overarching point is that to be one of God's people has nothing to do with race as it did in the Old Testament.

I am looking at the context.
The context is that they in the verse is the nation of Israel.

(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes

You touch them, you are touching God's election.

Pollice Verso

I am looking at the context.
The context is that they in the verse is the nation of Israel.

(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes

You touch them, you are touching God's election.

Right, but he clearly doesn't mean every single Israelite for all time - he means those who by grace placed their faith in God. He is talking about individual Israelites, not Israel as a nation. Just like he doesn't mean every single Gentile when he refers to the "Gentiles" in the same passage...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Right, but he clearly doesn't mean every single Israelite for all time - he means those who by grace placed their faith in God. He is talking about individual Israelites, not Israel as a nation. Just like he doesn't mean every single Gentile when he refers to the "Gentiles" in the same passage...

Why would those who by grace placed their faith in God be enemies of the gospel?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Look at the context. Paul is making several points in Chapter 11.

I agree with this point.

1. Not all Jews are reprobate, since Paul is himself a Jew!

I get scathed by the J.C. (John Calvin) Lovers for pointing out that Paul called himself a reprobate on multiple occasions. Chief of Sinners, Wretched man. Um, so the thing is, context can be an issue for some, but on both occasions,Paul is pointing out that his flesh is reprobate, but the Spirit within him that Saves him is Perfect and Holy.

He's constantly proclaiming his righteousness by grace alone and his deeds of flesh as filthy rags. Whenever he talks about boasting, he explains that boasting in his flesh would be returning to his roots as a Pharisee.

From my perspective, we are all non-reprobates by the Love of Jesus, and reprobates without the Love of Jesus. Basically, we are all reprobates that are Loved dearly by God. [emoji12][emoji85][emoji15]

2. Gentiles and Jews have both sinned and are in need of a Savior, and both have received mercy.

Amen!

3. Paul's overarching point is that to be one of God's people has nothing to do with race as it did in the Old Testament.

This would be his point...... But, in my falsely humble opinion (because I'm a proud reprobate. I'm so yanking on Calvin's chain!);

Romans 11

I ask, then, has God rejected His people? Absolutely not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham,from the tribe of Benjamin.

Almost wins it for Calvin's warriors, but.....

Consider that it took the literal revelation of the voice of God as Jesus Christ to wake Paul up..... (ANCHOR 1)

2*God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew.[emoji118] Or don’t you know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he pleads with God against Israel?

Look, sacred Calvinist verbiage of doctrinal support. If we unravel this one, someone is going to have to admit they have to study through the Spirit, because they have to surpass Reformed Theology. [emoji33]

3*Lord, they have killed Your prophets
and torn down Your altars.
I am the only one left,
and they are trying to take my life!

~ Yup, Israel made some whopper mistakes, those elect reprobates!

4*But what was God’s reply to him? I have left 7,000 men for Myself who have not bowed down to Baal.

~ Hmmmmmm, does B'Aal represent merciless manifestations of ideas that stand in the way of God's limitless and mysterious grace? That's a personal theological decision. To each their own.

5*In the same way, then, there is also at the present time a remnant chosen by grace.

~Remnant chosen by Grace? That's Gentiles saved by Jesus!!!!! Or is there more to it than the black and white?

6*Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

~Wait, Grace is God's work, apart from man in any way?

7*What then? Israel did not find what it was looking for, but the elect did find it. The rest were hardened,

~So, those under Jesus are elected by His Grace. You can have that verse for now Calvin Lovers.

8*as it is written:
God gave them a spirit of insensitivity,
eyes that cannot see
and ears that cannot hear,
to this day.

~ Who hardened them?

9*And David says:
Let their feasting become a snare and a trap,
a pitfall and a retribution to them.

~ So now David is even saying some hard stuff about Israel, according to Paul. That is raw.

Hmmmmm, is there a Dravidic Covenant?

2 Samuel 7 (NKJV)

God’s Covenant with David

Now it came to pass when the king was dwelling in his house, and the Lord had given him rest from all his enemies all around, 2*that the king said to Nathan the prophet, “See now, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells inside tent curtains.”

3*Then Nathan said to the king, “Go, do all that is in your heart, for the Lord is with you.”

4*But it happened that night that the word of the Lord came to Nathan, saying, 5*“Go and tell My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Would you build a house for Me to dwell in? 6*For I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought the children of Israel up from Egypt, even to this day, but have moved about in a tent and in a tabernacle. 7*Wherever I have moved about with all the children of Israel, have I ever spoken a word to anyone from the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd My people Israel, saying, ‘Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?’”’ 8*Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people, over Israel. 9*And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth.

10*Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously, 11*since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel, and have caused you to rest from all your enemies. Also the Lord tells you that He will make you a house.

http://img1.joyreactor.com/pics/post/car-train-cross-accident-1161345.gif

Yup, you guessed it.... Jesus Prophecy.... Rest and all that, but, note that literal Israel received this promise, and this promise (covenant) isn't fulfilled to Israel, until the time of Genuine Peace. (Not the anti Christ kind)

12*“When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13*He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14*I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15*But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. [emoji118]16*And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.”’”

~This just brought that home. Note that the Davidic covenant isn't fulfilled in full yet.

~God even provides mercy to Israel for missing the Train of Jesus on the initial uptake.
Is there chastening? You betcha! But, those hard hearts have a date to be broaken on the ROCK!

~Why? Because God's Covenants are the only promise we can count on in this life.

17*According to all these words and according to all this vision, so Nathan spoke to David.

David’s Thanksgiving to God

18*Then King David went in and sat before the Lord; and he said: “Who am I, O Lord God? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far? 19*And yet this was a small thing in Your sight, O Lord God; and You have also spoken of Your servant’s house for a great while to come. Is this the manner of man, O Lord God? 20*Now what more can David say to You? For You, Lord God, know Your servant. 21*For Your word’s sake, and according to Your own heart, You have done all these great things, to make Your servant know them. 22*Therefore You are great, O Lord God.[c] For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 23*And who is like Your people, like Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people, to make for Himself a name—and to do for Yourself great and awesome deeds for Your land—before Your people whom You redeemed for Yourself from Egypt, the nations, and their gods? 24*For You have made Your people Israel Your very own people forever; and You, Lord, have become their God.

25*“Now, O Lord God, the word which You have spoken concerning Your servant and concerning his house, establish it forever and do as You have said. 26*So let Your name be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts is the God over Israel.’ And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. 27*For You, O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You.
28*“And now, O Lord God, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant. 29*Now therefore, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You, O Lord God, have spoken it, and with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever.”

~ Check it out, David is happy, because God will protect, even, the stubborn and hardened from His rejection. They won't get booted like Saul!

Sing it David!

https://cdn.discourse.org/imgur/upl.../2d2fe8debdb8f514a603e6180ac3f2a78892a334.gif

Back to Paul[emoji118]

10*Let their eyes be darkened so they cannot see,
and their backs be bent continually.

Look mom, they could have freedom in Yeshewa, but they are struggling under the weight of the Law, and blind to boot.

Israel’s Rejection Not Final

11*I ask, then, have they stumbled in order to fall? Absolutely not! On the contrary, by their stumbling, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous.

Note the verbiage, have they fallen? No! They have stumbled as a blind person and are already jealous of the people that believe they know God better than them

12*Now if their stumbling brings riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full number bring!

So check this out. They had their day and brought the lineage of Jesus. They stumble blindly during our age of wonderful Grace in Yeshewa.

13*Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. In view of the fact that I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,

Paul is identifying that he is speaking to the Gentiles about the literal house of Israel.

14*if I can somehow make my own people jealous and save some of them. 15*For if their rejection brings reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?

This is spiritual, covenant verbiage for those that are dead in their blindness to Christ

16*Now if the firstfruits offered up are holy, so is the whole batch. And if the root is holy, so are the branches.

We're the Firstfruits! Think of the Faith Chapter of Heroes that is found in Hebrews 11. They had to wait for Jesus.

39*All these were approved through their faith, but they did not receive what was promised, 40*since God had provided something better for us, so that they would not be made perfect without us.

17*Now if some of the branches were broken off, and you, though a wild olive branch, were grafted in among themand have come to share in the rich root of the cultivated olive tree,

~ They were broken off by the Groom of the Mosaic Covenant being Killed. Don't cry, He pulled a Gandalf. If you don't get it. Shame on you! Tolkien was a Christian Apologist, and He was one of the two that is responsible for C.S. Lewis growing in Christ.

18*do not brag that you are better than those branches. But if you do brag—you do not sustain the root, but the root sustains you.

~ Hear that Jew mockers (That almost sounded Sammy L. J. Bad), bowing up with pride and saying that they are lost forever is a super bad idea.

~ Could John Calvin please report to this thread, paging John Calvin. You missed a scripture, or your converts did.

19*Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”

~ Oh, God used them as a teaching tool. Then why does it look like they're lost?

20*True enough; they were broken off by unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid.

~ John Calvin; Please report to this thread immediately. Your followers tend to only trust you. Could you read this passage to them, so we can move on and be scripturally sound?

21*For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you either.

~ So, um, judging the Jews lost is now warned by Paul to be a quick ticket to taking a salvation time out.

22*Therefore, consider God’s kindness and severity: severity toward those who have fallen but God’s kindness toward you—if you remain in His kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

~ I didn't say they were lost! Who, me? N.I.G., I never said the Jews were lost. Of coarse I would never frustrate the Grace and plans of Jesus! [emoji46][emoji27][emoji43]

23*And even they, if they do not remain in unbelief, will be grafted in, because God has the power to graft them in again.

~. Oh Snap! See N.I.G, you're wrong. It's saying that those hardened Jews that die denying Christ are going to Hank Hills Hellacious Propane Pit!

https://media.giphy.com/media/h3MkWTE441MNG/giphy.gif

24*For if you were cut off from your native wild olive and against nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these—the natural branches—be grafted into their own olive tree?

It's looking like Calvin was right. Maybe..... Is there more?

25*So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

~. Hmmmmmm..... Uh Oh.....

~ 1: It says A PARTIAL Hardening.... That's Jesus Denyers.......

~ 2: Then it says until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
..... Any one seen Jesus lately? Has He come back yet. Nooooooooooooo!!!
The 144,000 Jehovahs Witnesses have filled up the number. Those animals!!! Just kidding! Theology Joke based on JW doctrine. It's funny if you get it. [emoji36]

26*And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
The Liberator will come from Zion;
He will turn away godlessness from Jacob.

~ How is Israel Godless? They reject Jesus silly! Who is going to war against the Anti-Christ that Hates and has always Hated literal and Spiritual Israel?

~ Clue, He will be really mad at the imposter claiming to be Him, and He will be seriously ticked off at the people persecuting the Jews and the Christians!

~ I seriously hope I'm wrong on this tiny point, but did you know Muslims claim to be the true followers of Moses (Jews), and that they have two temples built on the Temple Mount?

27*And this will be My covenant with them
when I take away their sins.

Look mom, in biblical context, Paul is saying the returning Jesus will take away the UN Belief of the House of Jacob and fully fulfill the Davidic Covenant. What a good Dad, that always keeps His promises..

There, there Calvin, you can hug the Jews now. [emoji15][emoji848][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

28*Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs,

So they are enemies of the Gospel? Bring up any memories of Jewish posters here that are continually undermining the death of Jesus and His claim to Messiahship?

~ Why would God hone their Jesus rejecting hearts? Covenants that remain unfulfilled, that were made with the heavy OT hitters of coarse. Will Paul verify this?[emoji848]

Let's read on.......

29*since God’s gracious gifts and callingare irrevocable.

Look!!!!! Irrevocable promises of God that throw monkey wrenches into our black and white!!!!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/objects-wrench/0042.gif

30*As you once disobeyed God, but now have received mercy through their disobedience, 31*so they too have now disobeyed, resulting in mercy to you, so that they also now may receive mercy. 32*For God has imprisoned all in disobedience, so that He may have mercy on all.

Why would Jesus do this to Calvin? So angry! Because He has further revelations of Mercy to reveal of coarse!

Joel 2 (HCSB)

Blow the horn in Zion; [emoji118]. Revelation Verbiage!!!!!
sound the alarm on My holy mountain! [emoji118] Where is His physical Holy Mountain?
Let all the residents of the land tremble,
for the Day of the Lord is coming; [emoji118]. Daddy Back!!!!!!!
in fact, it is near—

............. Spoiler alert.... Locusts in Revelation. [emoji848]
2*
a day of darkness and gloom,
a day of clouds and dense overcast,
like the dawn spreading over the mountains;
a great and strong people appears,
such as never existed in ages past
and never will again
in all the generations to come.
3*
A fire destroys in front of them,
and behind them a flame devours.
The land in front of them
is like the Garden of Eden,
but behind them,
it is like a desert wasteland;
there is no escape from them.
4*
Their appearance is like that of horses,
and they gallop like war horses.
5*
They bound on the tops of the mountains.
Their sound is like the sound of chariots,
like the sound of fiery flames consuming stubble,
like a mighty army deployed for war.
6*
Nations writhe in horror before them;
all faces turn pale.
7*
They attack as warriors attack;
they scale walls as men of war do.
Each goes on his own path,
and they do not change their course.
8*
They do not push each other;
each man proceeds on his own path.
They dodge the arrows, never stopping.
9*
They storm the city;
they run on the wall;
they climb into the houses;
they enter through the windows like thieves.
10*
The earth quakes before them;
the sky shakes.
The sun and moon grow dark,
and the stars cease their shining.
11*
The Lord raises His voice
in the presence of His army.
His camp is very large;
Those who carry out His command are powerful.
Indeed, the Day of the Lord is terrible and dreadful—
who can endure it?

God’s Call for Repentance

The Kings unexpected Alter Call!!!!!

Remember ANCHOR ONE at the beginning?

12*
Even now—
this is the Lord’s declaration—
turn to Me with all your heart,
with fasting, weeping, and mourning.
13*
Tear your hearts,
not just your clothes,
and return to the Lord your God.
For He is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger, rich in faithful love,
and He relents from sending disaster.
14*
Who knows? He may turn and relent
and leave a blessing behind Him,
so you can offer grain and wine
to the Lord your God.
15*
Blow the horn in Zion!
Announce a sacred fast;
proclaim an assembly.
16*
Gather the people;
sanctify the congregation;
assemble the aged;
gather the children,
even those nursing at the breast.
Let the groom leave his bedroom,
and the bride her honeymoon chamber.
17*
Let the priests, the Lord’s ministers,
weep between the portico and the altar.
Let them say:
“Have pity on Your people, Lord,
and do not make Your inheritance a disgrace,
an object of scorn among the nations.
Why should it be said among the peoples,
‘Where is their God?’”

God’s Response to His People. [emoji118] Daddy is mad at the people attacking Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18*Then the Lord became jealous for His land and spared His people. 19*The Lord answered His people:
Look, I am about to send you
grain, new wine, and olive oil.
You will be satiated with them,
and I will no longer make you
a disgrace among the nations.
20*
I will drive the northerner far from you
and banish him to a dry and desolate land,
his front ranks into the Dead Sea,
and his rear guard into the Mediterranean Sea.
His stench will rise;
yes, his rotten smell will rise,
for he has done catastrophic things.
21*
Don’t be afraid, land;
rejoice and be glad,
for the Lord has done great things.
22*
Don’t be afraid, wild animals,
for the wilderness pastures have turned green,
the trees bear their fruit,
and the fig tree and grapevine yield their riches.
23*
Children of Zion, rejoice and be glad
in the Lord your God,
because He gives you the autumn rain
for your vindication.[c]
He sends showers for you,
both autumn and spring rain as before.
24*
The threshing floors will be full of grain,
and the vats will overflow
with new wine and olive oil.
25*
I will repay you for the years
that the swarming locust ate,
the young locust, the destroying locust,
and the devouring locust—
My great army that I sent against you.
26*
You will have plenty to eat and be satisfied.
You will praise the name of Yahweh your God,
who has dealt wondrously with you.
My people will never again be put to shame.
27*
You will know that I am present in Israel
and that I am Yahweh your God,
and there is no other.
My people will never again be put to shame.

God’s Promise of His Spirit [emoji118] It's coming to the final countdown

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/r6gYv.gif

28*
After this
I will pour out My Spirit on all humanity;
then your sons and your daughters will prophesy,
your old men will have dreams,
and your young men will see visions.
29*
I will even pour out My Spirit
on the male and female slaves in those days.
30*
I will display wonders
in the heavens and on the earth:
blood, fire, and columns of smoke.
31*
The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the great and awe-inspiring Day of the Lordcomes.
32*
Then everyone who calls
on the name of Yahweh will be saved,
for there will be an escape
for those on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
as the Lord promised,
among the survivors the Lord calls.

(Every Knee is bowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

A Hymn of Praise

33*
Oh, the depth of the riches
both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God!
How unsearchable His judgments
and untraceable His ways!
34*
For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been His counselor?
35*
Or who has ever first given to Him,
and has to be repaid?[q]
36*
For from Him and through Him
and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I apologize if I sounded boastful.

I except your rebuke and appreciate your correction.

My proud flesh is mocked and the Spirit thanks you.

I confess my sin, my frequent sin,
my wilful sin; all my powers of body and soul are defiled: a fountain of pollution is deep within my nature.
There are chambers of foul images
within my being; I have gone from
one odious room to another, walked in a no-man's-land of dangerous imaginations, pried into the secrets of my fallen nature.
—The Valley of Vision—

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I confess my sin, my frequent sin,
my wilful sin; all my powers of body and soul are defiled: a fountain of pollution is deep within my nature.
There are chambers of foul images
within my being; I have gone from
one odious room to another, walked in a no-man's-land of dangerous imaginations, pried into the secrets of my fallen nature.
—The Valley of Vision—

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His power is made perfect in our weakness!!!!!

Also, we now have confessed our sins, one to another, that the Power of Jesus may be made manifest amongst us!

Ummmm, I was a smart elic in my Romans 11 post, but it got so long, I tried to use humor to offset it.

It sounds boastful, but I confess that my words are not God's words, and we should only trust the Spirit of Christ to teach us.

Please know that I totally expect to get blasted for my Romans post and I really am not proud. I try to be funny, because some scripture is mega involved and I know that many gloss over my over long posts!

Um... Ok... I pray for God to keep pride out of my life, because it has destroyed me on many occasions!

You are an encourager Tulip Bee!

God bless you TB!!!!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His power is made perfect in our weakness!!!!!

Also, we now have confessed our sins, one to another, that the Power of Jesus may be made manifest amongst us!

Ummmm, I was a smart elic in my Romans 11 post, but it got so long, I tried to use humor to offset it.

It sounds boastful, but I confess that my words are not God's words, and we should only trust the Spirit of Christ to teach us.

Please know that I totally expect to get blasted for my Romans post and I really am not proud. I try to be funny, because some scripture is mega involved and I know that many gloss over my over long posts!

Um... Ok... I pray for God to keep pride out of my life, because it has destroyed me on many occasions!

You are an encourager Tulip Bee!

God bless you TB!!!!

When I talk to Arminians, this is where I see the problem. A Calvinist is stricken with an awareness of his wicked, fallen, rebellious heart. He sees election as the ONLY way a holy God could have brought this vile creature to Jesus. I just don't think that an Arminian could hold to his "free will" if he understood how corrupt he truly is, apart from Jesus.

Pollice Verso

Why would those who by grace placed their faith in God be enemies of the gospel?

Look at verses 30-31: "For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they may also now receive mercy."

In other words Paul is telling the Christians at Rome that the Jews abrogated the Old Covenant ("their disobedience") and now reject the Gospel (vs 28), but not to worry, because those Jews who have faith in Christ will receive the same mercy that they receive. Paul is making the point throughout the chapter that He has not turned His back completely on the Jews despite their continued disobedience, and those that place their faith in Christ (eg, Paul, Peter, etc) can still receive His grace according to the New Covenant.