question for MADIsts.

God's Truth

Explain to me what Jesus meant when he said that he was returning to "my God." You didn't answer my question.
Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Son, and he was returning to God the Father who is invisible and lives in unapproachable light.
Someone staying alive spiritually is alot different than a conscious part of that person staying alive after the person has died. They are two different situations, and, in fact, the latter situation is spurious. It is exactly what Satan wants you to believe. "You surely will NOT die." (Genesis 3:4)

Again, our flesh bodies die but our spirits do NOT die.

God's Truth

That scripture isn't from God. Someone inserted it long after the Apostle John had left the scene. That is what I learned from world-recognized Bible scholars. I'm kind of surprised that you don't know that.
I am not impressed by scholars. God hid His Truth from the wise and learned, so you should not be bragging on them being world-recognized scholars.
A scholar by the name of F.H.A. Scrivener wrote: "We need not hesitate to declare our conviction that the disputed words were not written by St. John: they were originally brought into Latin copies in Africa from the margin, where they had been placed as a pious and orthodox gloss on verse 8. From the Latin they crept into two or three LATE Greek codices, and thence into the printed Greek text, a place to which they had no rightful claim." (A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament; Cambridge, 1883, 3rd edition; p.654)

A footnote in The Jerusalem Bible, a Catholic translation, says that these words are "not in any of the early Greek manuscripts, or any of the early translations, or in the best manuscripts of the Vulgate itself."

A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament by Bruce Metzger (1975, pp.716-718) traces in detail the history of the spurious passage. He states that the passage is first found in a treatise entitled Liber Apologeticus, of the FOURTH century, and that it appears in Old Latin and Vulgate manuscripts of the Scriptures beginning in the sixth century. Modern translations as a whole, both Catholic and Protestant, do not include them in the main body of the text, because of recognizing their spurious nature."

The Revised Standard, the Good News Bible, the Jerusalem Bible, the New American Bible, and the New International Version are just a few examples of versions that leave out the erroneous verse under discussion.

Erasmus was a 16th-century scholar, and when he translated his Greek New Testament he "appealed to the authority of the Vatican Codex to omit the spurious words from I John chapter 5, verses 7 and 8." He was right but in 1897 Pope Leo XIII wanted to keep the corrupted Latin text of the Vulgate. Only with the publication of modern Roman Catholic translations has this textual error been acknowledged.

Can you ever humbly admit to being wrong?

Of course, I can humbly admit to being wrong when I am wrong. Tell me, can you?

What you wrote here glorifying some scholars is not proof of the truth.

As for the scripture you think should be left out...there are others in the Bible like it and they have not been disputed.

Danoh

You know what you did.

Yeah; I read you right.

Someone too mentally incompetent to see that both her great incompetence, and her need to hide herself from its equally obvious discomfort - have only rendered her not only dumber, but prouder.

Truly, yours is a spirit of stupor as bad as 1st Century Israel's.

I pity you. For you obviously spend your share in Scripture and yet, to no avail.

"O how" you "love the Word of God" alright - starring you as its main character.

Your blindness in this is really a sight to behold.

I pity you your endless state of stupor.

Seriously, I would wish your mental incompetence on no one.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I can see you do not care about the truth. More importantly, God sees it.

There is no dispensationalist anywhere, not here on TOL or anywhere else, that claims that we are not to obey God. Not one single dispensationalist has ever uttered the words, "We do not HAVE TO OBEY ANYTHING Jesus says when he walked on the earth" or anything similar to it.

You know, I really don't even get it. Why lie? Isn't there something that dispensationalists ACTUALLY believe and teach that you can find to disagree with and argue against? Why bother saying such transparently fallacious things? You're like the liberal politician who couldn't win a real debate about the issues if his life depended on it and so instead of making real arguments, spouts anything at all that sounds like it might make an emotional point with the audience so long as it doesn't address anything real. But why come to the theology forum if your intent is to bypass people's minds? Who exactly do you think you're going to convince? You're certainly not going to convince a dispensationalist of anything (except that you're a lunatic) by screaming about things he doesn't even believe! So why do it? I don't get it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no dispensationalist anywhere, not here on TOL or anywhere else, that claims that we are not to obey God. Not one single dispensationalist has ever uttered the words, "We do not HAVE TO OBEY ANYTHING Jesus says when he walked on the earth" or anything similar to it.

You know, I really don't even get it. Why lie? Isn't there something that dispensationalists ACTUALLY believe and teach that you can find to disagree with and argue against? Why bother saying such transparently fallacious things? You're like the liberal politician who couldn't win a real debate about the issues if his life depended on it and so instead of making real arguments, spouts anything at all that sounds like it might make an emotional point with the audience so long as it doesn't address anything real. But why come to the theology forum if your intent is to bypass people's minds? Who exactly do you think you're going to convince? You're certainly not going to convince a dispensationalist of anything (except that you're a lunatic) by screaming about things he doesn't even believe! So why do it? I don't get it.

Resting in Him,
Clete

This is an EXTRAORDINARY post!! :thumb:

lifeisgood

Why don't you go to Islamic nations and tell them they are wrong?
Why don't you say to them all the creepy things you say to me? LOL

Do you do that? To which Islamic nations have you gone and preached your Gospel? I would love to learn your method. How many Islamic nations have you brought to the Lord Jesus Christ?

I preach the Gospel by sending the Gospel through satellites. My Lord Jesus Christ has a fantastic sense of humor. Satan the prince of the air and the Lord Jesus Christ sending His Gospel through the air. My God is amazing!

lifeisgood

Resting in Him,
Clete

:thumb:

musterion

Yes, Christians are forgiven for sins that they had done in the past.

Paul didn't limit it. "All" means all. Col 2:13

How can anyone be forgiven for sins they haven't committed yet?:doh:

A simple truth.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. That reconciliation spanned far into the then-future, thereby covering you, me and people not yet born.

Given that scope, the Cross could and indeed must have accounted for every believer's sins, each and every one, including sins he hadn't committed yet.

But an even deeper truth than that:

The believer of the saving Gospel of grace is counted as co-crucified with Christ and raised to new, eternal life in Him. Because they are so raised, they're counted as forever dead to all condemning Law. Survey Romans and Galatians to see this fact for yourself.

End result: God sees the believer of the saving Gospel of grace as inseparably, eternally, organically united with His Son. And because He does, He not only has no grounds on which to condemn those who have already died (Law has no claim on the dead), He has no reason to do so since the now have His own righteousness in Christ!

Christ took care of it ALL.

That's what ALL means in Col 2:13.

What's this mean for you?

There is nothing your organization promises you that even comes close to matching the blessings of grace described above, all of which - and more! - God offers YOU this day (2 Cor 5:20-21).

Please take it!