Psalm 72 - The Coming New World Order Soon to be Established on Earth

TrevorL

Psalm 72 (KJV - with headings added)
A Psalm for Solomon

The King's Son
1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s son.
2 He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.
3 The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.

The Blessings of His Reign
4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.
7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.

A World-Wide Kingdom
8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.

The Nations Pay Homage
10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.

The Earth Bountiful
16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

The Whole World Filled with His Glory
18 Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.
19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.
20 The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

This final public prayer of David, although addressed to Solomon, looks beyond his time to the greater son of David, Jesus Christ, who will return to establish his kingdom on earth, replacing the present kingdoms of men Daniel 2:44. Luke records the words that Gabriel spoke to Mary concerning Jesus' future rule
Luke 1:32-33 (KJV): 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Jesus will reign over the "house of Jacob" when he returns and "turns away ungodliness from Jacob" Romans 11:26.

The promises made to David concerning his son and David's throne are recorded in 2 Samuel 7:12-16. They state also that God would be his Father, and this is shown in its fulfillment in Luke 1:35, Jesus is the Son of God. This is the qualification for Jesus to be heir over God's dominion, God's kingdom, not only because he is God's Son by birth, but he revealed all the qualities of God's wisdom and love during his ministry, suffering and crucifixion. These qualities now coupled with all that he has received in his resurrection and exaltation are what is needed to fulfil Psalm 72 in the Coming New World Order Genesis 1:26, Psalm 8:6, Matthew 11:25-30, 21:37-38, 42-44, Acts 3:19-21.

Kind regards
Trevor

Truster

A Psalm for Solomon

The King's Son
1 Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s son.
3 The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.

4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.
7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.

A World-Wide Kingdom
8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.

The Nations Pay Homage
10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.

The Earth Bountiful
16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.

This final public prayer of David, although addressed to Solomon, looks beyond his time to the greater son of David, Jesus Christ, who will return to establish his kingdom on earth, replacing the present kingdoms of men Daniel 2:44. Luke records the words that Gabriel spoke to Mary concerning Jesus' future rule
Luke 1:32-33 (KJV): 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Jesus will reign over the "house of Jacob" when he returns and "turns away ungodliness from Jacob" Romans 11:26.

The promises made to David concerning his son and David's throne are recorded in 2 Samuel 7:12-16. They state also that God would be his Father, and this is shown in its fulfillment in Luke 1:35, Jesus is the Son of God. This is the qualification for Jesus to be heir over God's dominion, God's kingdom, not only because he is God's Son by birth, but he revealed all the qualities of God's wisdom and love during his ministry, suffering and crucifixion. These qualities now coupled with all that he has received in his resurrection and exaltation are what is needed to fulfil Psalm 72 in the Coming New World Order Genesis 1:26, Psalm 8:6, Matthew 11:25-30, 21:37-38, 42-44, Acts 3:19-21.

Kind regards
Trevor

Yet another one who uses scripture as a drunk uses a lamp post. For support instead of illumination.

TrevorL

Greetings Truster,
Yet another one who uses scripture as a drunk uses a lamp post. For support instead of illumination.
I appreciate that many have a different perspective on Psalm 72 and the comments and other Scripture that I quoted. Instead of making a derogatory comment you could share what aspects you disagree with, and give a brief statement of what you affirm to be an understanding of Psalm 72. I believe in the resurrection at the return of Jesus, not heaven going at death. I also believe in the 1000 year reign of Jesus upon the literal throne of David in Jerusalem. Two more favourite passages are the last words of David in 2 Samuel 23:1-8 (KJV) which uses the word "sure" in relation to the covenant to David in the following:
2 Samuel 23:5 (KJV): Although my house be not so with God; yet he hath made with me an everlasting covenant, ordered in all things, and sure: for this is all my salvation, and all my desire, although he make it not to grow. .
Also in Isaiah 55:1-3 the prophet uses the term "the sure mercies of David" in one of the most beautiful passages in the Scripture. Paul uses this passage in Acts 13:34 to preach the necessity of the resurrection of Jesus, and this speech could be considered the start of his Gentile ministry. Paul states that he was preaching the good news of the promise made to the fathers Acts 13:32.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
The Hebrew term used here is WORSHIP.
Jesus is worshiped as God, Trevor....?
I am a bit reticent to change this thread into your favourite subject, the Trinity. I have had a reasonable discussion with you on this subject on two threads recently and to be honest I find your methods and claims obscure to say the least, and I doubt that many Trinitarians would endorse your reasoning. I could list at least seven instances if I wanted to revisit your "worship" thread. I would be interested in your view of the promises to David, but perhaps you only have one string in your fiddle.

As far as doing obeisance to Jesus the following gives the balanced view that God has exalted Jesus to the position of Lord, and all should bow the knee to him, and this redounds to the glory of God the Father, not the Trinity. You never really answered this in the other thread.
Philippians 2:8-11 (KJV): 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Whatever you decide as the meaning of “Lord” here, whether Lord in the sense of Master or Ruler and King or the Name Yahweh, nevertheless the Name and position and status has been given to Jesus by God the Father.

You may be better at words than me but according to my reference of Enhanced Strong’s, the word does not have the strict narrow sense of WORSHIP as you claim. The word “serve” seems to me to be the correct word in this context, as Psalm 72 is speaking of Jesus sitting upon the future throne of David, and the nations submitting to his rule. Jesus will their King, Lord, Ruler and the nations will submit to his rule and serve him. I suggest this is part of your method of superimposing the Trinity on every context.

5647 עָבַד [ʿabad /aw·bad/] v. A primitive root; TWOT 1553; GK 6268; 290 occurrences; AV translates as “serve” 227 times, “do” 15 times, “till” nine times, “servant” five times, “work” five times, “worshippers” five times, “service” four times, “dress” twice, “labour” twice, “ear” twice, and translated miscellaneously 14 times. 1 to work, serve. 1A (Qal). 1A1 to labour, work, do work. 1A2 to work for another, serve another by labour. 1A3 to serve as subjects. 1A4 to serve (God). 1A5 to serve (with Levitical service). 1B (Niphal). 1B1 to be worked, be tilled (of land). 1B2 to make oneself a servant. 1C (Pual) to be worked. 1D (Hiphil). 1D1 to compel to labour or work, cause to labour, cause to serve. 1D2 to cause to serve as subjects. 1E (Hophal) to be led or enticed to serve.

If you want me to also quote TWOT I could, but I suggest the above is sufficient for most readers, but most probably not for you.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, I am a bit reticent to change this thread into your favourite subject, the Trinity. I have had a reasonable discussion with you on this subject on two threads recently and to be honest I find your methods and claims obscure to say the least, and I doubt that many Trinitarians would endorse your reasoning. I could list at least seven instances if I wanted to revisit your "worship" thread. I would be interested in your view of the promises to David, but perhaps you only have one string in your fiddle.

The Trinity saturates the Holy Bible, Trev.

Best to get used to it.

You can run...but you cannot hide from it...

As far as doing obeisance to Jesus the following gives the balanced view that God has exalted Jesus to the position of Lord, and all should bow the knee to him, and this redounds to the glory of God the Father, not the Trinity. You never really answered this in the other thread.
Philippians 2:8-11 (KJV): 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Whatever you decide as the meaning of “Lord” here, whether Lord in the sense of Master or Ruler and King or the Name Yahweh, nevertheless the Name and position and status has been given to Jesus by God the Father.

And...?

Is this supposed to somehow diminish Jesus' deity?

Apple7

You may be better at words than me but according to my reference of Enhanced Strong’s, the word does not have the strict narrow sense of WORSHIP as you claim. The word “serve” seems to me to be the correct word in this context, as Psalm 72 is speaking of Jesus sitting upon the future throne of David, and the nations submitting to his rule. Jesus will their King, Lord, Ruler and the nations will submit to his rule and serve him. I suggest this is part of your method of superimposing the Trinity on every context.

Kind regards
Trevor

Regarding Jesus, the passage in question…

Psalm 72.11

Yea, all kings shall fall down before Him (wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū); all nations shall worship Him(ya·‘aḇ·ḏū·hū).

The term ‘wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū’ occurs in only four other Biblical passages outside of the verse in question, Psalm 72.11, as thus…

Psalm 22.27

All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn back to Yahweh; and all the families of the nations shall worship (wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū) before You.

Summary:
• All nations shall worship Yahweh.

Next…

Psalm 86.9

All nations whom You have made shall come and worship (wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū) before You; yea, Lord, they shall glorify Your name.

Summary:
• All nations shall worship Adonay.

Next…

Zeph 2.11

Yahweh will be frightening to them, for He will make lean all the gods of the earth. Each man from his place and all the coastlands of the nations and shall worship (wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū) to Him.

Summary:

Gen 27.27 - 29

And he came near and kissed him. And he smelled the smell of his clothes. And he blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which Yahweh has blessed. And may God (halelohim) give you of the dew of the heavens, and of the fatness of the earth, and much grain and wine. May the nations worship (ya·‘aḇ·ḏū·ḵā )you, and peoples give worship (wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū) to you; be a ruler to your brothers, and may your mother's sons bow (wə·yiš·ta·ḥăw·wū) to you, and cursed be those who curse you, and blessed be those who bless you.

Summary:
• Observe that both Strong’s #7812 & #5647 are present in this same Genesis passage, and are directly interchangeable with each other, in the worship of Yahweh. This same formula is found in Psalm 72.11.

And the original passage, once again…

Psalm 72.11

Yea, all kings shall fall down before Him (wə·yiš·ta·ḥă·wū); all nations shall worship Him(ya·‘aḇ·ḏū·hū).

Thus, the final conclusion with respect to Psalm 72.11 is that it MUST impart the same exact meaning as used in ALL other scriptural locations, and that is…

Jesus, The Son, is to we worshiped as God Almighty!

Apple7

5647 עָבַד [ʿabad /aw·bad/] v. A primitive root; TWOT 1553; GK 6268; 290 occurrences; AV translates as “serve” 227 times, “do” 15 times, “till” nine times, “servant” five times, “work” five times, “worshippers” five times, “service” four times, “dress” twice, “labour” twice, “ear” twice, and translated miscellaneously 14 times. 1 to work, serve. 1A (Qal). 1A1 to labour, work, do work. 1A2 to work for another, serve another by labour. 1A3 to serve as subjects. 1A4 to serve (God). 1A5 to serve (with Levitical service). 1B (Niphal). 1B1 to be worked, be tilled (of land). 1B2 to make oneself a servant. 1C (Pual) to be worked. 1D (Hiphil). 1D1 to compel to labour or work, cause to labour, cause to serve. 1D2 to cause to serve as subjects. 1E (Hophal) to be led or enticed to serve.

If you want me to also quote TWOT I could, but I suggest the above is sufficient for most readers, but most probably not for you.

Kind regards
Trevor

Uhmmm....yes, why don't you quote the TWOT for us, Trev...?

Let us do it for you...in the very FIRST paragraph of the TWOT...

"The etymology of the word seems to share the ideas of several Semitic roots, e.g. the old Aramaic root which means "to do or make", an Arabic root meaning "to worship, obey (God) ...."

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,

Regarding Philippians 2:9-11 and my comments you replied:
Is this supposed to somehow diminish Jesus' deity?
Philippians 2:9-11 is one of the many passages that give a clear indication of the position and status of our Lord Jesus Christ in contrast with the confusion propagated by the teaching of the Trinity.
Uhmmm....yes, why don't you quote the TWOT for us, Trev...?
Let us do it for you...in the very FIRST paragraph of the TWOT...
"The etymology of the word seems to share the ideas of several Semitic roots, e.g. the old Aramaic root which means "to do or make", an Arabic root meaning "to worship, obey (God) ...."
I suggest that the overall sense is to serve. The following is the TWOT corresponding to Strong’s #5467. I notice you stopped short as soon as you saw your favourite word “worship”, but notice the predominance of the concept of serving.

"1553 עָבַד (ʿābad) work, serve.
Derivatives
1553a עֶבֶד (ʿebed) slave, servant.
1553b עֲבָד (ʿăbād) work (Eccl 12:1).
1553c עֲבוֹדָה (ʿăbôdâ) labor, service.
1553d עֲבֻדָּה (ʿăbūddâ) service (household servants) (Gen 26:14: Job 1:3).
1553e עַבְדּוּת (ʿabdût) servitude, bondage (Ezr 9:8, 9; Neh 9:17).
1553f מַעבָד (maʿbād) work (Job 34:25).
ʿābad appears 290 times in the OT.
The etymology of this word seems to share the ideas of several Semitic roots, e.g. the old Aramaic root which means “to do or make,” an Arabic root meaning “to worship, obey” (God) and its intensive stem meaning “to enslave, reduce to servitude.”
This service may be directed toward things, people, or God.
When used in reference to things it is usually followed by an accusative of the thing upon which the labor is expended, e.g. “to till” a field (Gen 2:5 and often elsewhere); “to dress” vineyards; workers or artisans in flax (Isa 19:9) or in city construction (Ezk 48:18). Occasionally it is without the accusative as in Deut 15:19, “to till” [the grounds]. The second category is followed by an accusative of person, e.g. Jacob’s serving Laban (Gen 29:15; 30:26, 29). Sometimes this usage includes the preposition bĕ with a person, thus one “works by means of another” or uses another as a slave (Ex 1:14; Jer 22:13; or in the Pual stem with captives, Isa 14:3). Servitude also includes “to serve as subjects” to a king or ruler (Jud 9:28; I Sam 11:1). In the Hiphil stem, it means “to compel one to labor” as a slave (Ex 1:13). When the service is offered to God, however, it is not bondage, but rather a joyous and liberating experience (Ex 3:12; 4:23; 7:16; 8:1; 10:26; Ps 22:31; Job 21:15; Jer 2:20; Mal 3:14). All too frequently, the text records that this service was given to other gods who were not gods at all (Deut 7:16; II Kgs 10:18–19, 21–23, etc.).
The same concept is used of serving Yahweh with the Levitical service (Num 3:7–8; 4:23, 30, 47; 8:11, 19ff., etc.). Interestingly enough, the LXX reserved the Greek word latreuō for the official service of the priests only. The NT however, steadfastly resisted using this group of words for the NT ministry or its functions except in Rom 15:16, where it refers to Paul’s labors for Jesus Christ. Instead, it reserved it for other religious contexts, especially those dealing with the OT ritual (Heb 9:21; 10:11; Lk 1:23)."

BTW this thread is more about the Promises to David. Do you have an opinion about the future throne of David, when Jesus will rule over this earth for 1000 years in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-5, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14? Or do you only have one string on your fiddle or banjo, the Trinity?

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

A Psalm for Solomon

The King's Son

A World-Wide Kingdom

The Nations Pay Homage

The Earth Bountiful

Kind regards
Trevor

Today is Revi'i (Fourth) the Third Month the Ninth Day. It is actually Evening, Night, before Morning, Day. Laylah means Night. Erev means Evening. Morning is Boker. Day is Yom.

What you are saying if true is not good though I do not believe it.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,

Regarding Philippians 2:9-11 and my comments you replied: Philippians 2:9-11 is one of the many passages that give a clear indication of the position and status of our Lord Jesus Christ in contrast with the confusion propagated by the teaching of the Trinity.

You are letting your emotions come into play, Trev.

Show us where this passage somehow diminishes Jesus' deity.

Good luck...

I suggest that the overall sense is to serve. The following is the TWOT corresponding to Strong’s #5467. I notice you stopped short as soon as you saw your favourite word “worship”, but notice the predominance of the concept of serving.

"1553 עָבַד (ʿābad) work, serve.
Derivatives
1553a עֶבֶד (ʿebed) slave, servant.
1553b עֲבָד (ʿăbād) work (Eccl 12:1).
1553c עֲבוֹדָה (ʿăbôdâ) labor, service.
1553d עֲבֻדָּה (ʿăbūddâ) service (household servants) (Gen 26:14: Job 1:3).
1553e עַבְדּוּת (ʿabdût) servitude, bondage (Ezr 9:8, 9; Neh 9:17).
1553f מַעבָד (maʿbād) work (Job 34:25).
ʿābad appears 290 times in the OT.
The etymology of this word seems to share the ideas of several Semitic roots, e.g. the old Aramaic root which means “to do or make,” an Arabic root meaning “to worship, obey” (God) and its intensive stem meaning “to enslave, reduce to servitude.”
This service may be directed toward things, people, or God.
When used in reference to things it is usually followed by an accusative of the thing upon which the labor is expended, e.g. “to till” a field (Gen 2:5 and often elsewhere); “to dress” vineyards; workers or artisans in flax (Isa 19:9) or in city construction (Ezk 48:18). Occasionally it is without the accusative as in Deut 15:19, “to till” [the grounds]. The second category is followed by an accusative of person, e.g. Jacob’s serving Laban (Gen 29:15; 30:26, 29). Sometimes this usage includes the preposition bĕ with a person, thus one “works by means of another” or uses another as a slave (Ex 1:14; Jer 22:13; or in the Pual stem with captives, Isa 14:3). Servitude also includes “to serve as subjects” to a king or ruler (Jud 9:28; I Sam 11:1). In the Hiphil stem, it means “to compel one to labor” as a slave (Ex 1:13). When the service is offered to God, however, it is not bondage, but rather a joyous and liberating experience (Ex 3:12; 4:23; 7:16; 8:1; 10:26; Ps 22:31; Job 21:15; Jer 2:20; Mal 3:14). All too frequently, the text records that this service was given to other gods who were not gods at all (Deut 7:16; II Kgs 10:18–19, 21–23, etc.).
The same concept is used of serving Yahweh with the Levitical service (Num 3:7–8; 4:23, 30, 47; 8:11, 19ff., etc.). Interestingly enough, the LXX reserved the Greek word latreuō for the official service of the priests only. The NT however, steadfastly resisted using this group of words for the NT ministry or its functions except in Rom 15:16, where it refers to Paul’s labors for Jesus Christ. Instead, it reserved it for other religious contexts, especially those dealing with the OT ritual (Heb 9:21; 10:11; Lk 1:23)."

BTW this thread is more about the Promises to David. Do you have an opinion about the future throne of David, when Jesus will rule over this earth for 1000 years in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-5, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14? Or do you only have one string on your fiddle or banjo, the Trinity?

Kind regards
Trevor

You are locked into a lexical definition, and you cannot get out, Trev.

Ever heard of context?

I showed you first hand, the power of proper exegesis, on Psalm 72.11, and how the term is used interchangeably with the worship of Yahweh.

Your response?

ZERO!!!

You skipped it entirely.

Step aside if you are going to sit on the sidelines.

The exegesis superhighway has no room for slowpokes...

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,

Kind regards
Trevor

We are in the 1K earthly reign of Christ right now.

Satan was bound at The Cross.

You are letting your incorrect interpretation of Rev 20 decide your eschatology.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
You are letting your emotions come into play, Trev. Show us where this passage somehow diminishes Jesus' deity. Good luck...
I have explained my understanding of Philippians 2:9-11 on your worship thread, and I have now left that thread. When we bow the knee to Jesus it is to the glory of God the Father. Please feel free to carve up my answers on Philippians 2:9-11 on that thread, but I consider this aspect fully covered and now closed.
You are locked into a lexical definition, and you cannot get out, Trev. Ever heard of context?
I showed you first hand, the power of proper exegesis, on Psalm 72.11, and how the term is used interchangeably with the worship of Yahweh.
Your response? ZERO!!! You skipped it entirely. Step aside if you are going to sit on the sidelines.
The exegesis superhighway has no room for slowpokes...
I ignored it because you used your usual method of transposing one context onto another. In many of your arguments on the worship thread you used this method, and it is in a sense a false syllogism. You obliterate the context by transposing another context, and your aim is to somehow inject the Trinity into every passage.

Psalm 72 is speaking about the nations submitting to the future king reigning upon the throne of David and it uses the word serve (S#5647). The same word is used in the following, and Gedaliah is not calling upon the remnant of Judah to forsake worshipping Yahweh, and to start to worship the King of Babylon as a god.
2 Kings 25:24 (KJV): And Gedaliah sware to them, and to their men, and said unto them, Fear not to be the servants (S#5650 from S#5647) of the Chaldees: dwell in the land, and serve (S#5647) the king of Babylon; and it shall be well with you.
We are in the 1K earthly reign of Christ right now.
Satan was bound at The Cross.
You are letting your incorrect interpretation of Rev 20 decide your eschatology.
There are many views on the subject of the Kingdom of God, and you have suggested only one of many, and possibly fairly unique. I believe in the return of Jesus to establish his kingdom upon the earth Acts 1:11, 3:19-21, Isaiah 2:1-4, Micah 4:1-8, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14:1-21. I believe that the promises to David 2 Samuel 7:8-16 involves the restoration and conversion of the nation of Israel Luke 1:32-33. I also believe that the promises to David is an expansion of the promise of the land to Abraham Genesis 13:14-15, and the faithful will inherit this land promise when they are raised from the dead to rule with Christ upon the throne of David Galatians 3:8,16,26-29.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,I have explained my understanding of Philippians 2:9-11 on your worship thread, and I have now left that thread. When we bow the knee to Jesus it is to the glory of God the Father. Please feel free to carve up my answers on Philippians 2:9-11 on that thread, but I consider this aspect fully covered and now closed.

The term used in your Philippians example is ‘kampto’, in which all four inflections of the word usages in the NT, both lexically, and contextually, refer to bowing in WORSHIP.

Once again, defeating your position.

I ignored it because you used your usual method of transposing one context onto another. In many of your arguments on the worship thread you used this method, and it is in a sense a false syllogism. You obliterate the context by transposing another context, and your aim is to somehow inject the Trinity into every passage.

Kind regards
Trevor

Proper exegesis always includes verifying how the term is used in other parts of scripture. This is how the term’s meaning can be solidified – especially since Hebrew words often times serve many meanings.

Any serious student of scripture verifies other scriptural usages of the term(s) in question. That is why concordances were invented, Trev.

Don’t act so surprised all the time…it only makes you look even sillier for wasting all those years in meaningless study on your part…

Apple7

Psalm 72 is speaking about the nations submitting to the future king reigning upon the throne of David and it uses the word serve (S#5647). The same word is used in the following, and Gedaliah is not calling upon the remnant of Judah to forsake worshipping Yahweh, and to start to worship the King of Babylon as a god.
2 Kings 25:24 (KJV): And Gedaliah sware to them, and to their men, and said unto them, Fear not to be the servants (S#5650 from S#5647) of the Chaldees: dwell in the land, and serve (S#5647) the king of Babylon; and it shall be well with you.

Kind regards
Trevor

No, Trev...

That's an entirely different word to begin with.

It just happens to share the same Hebrew verbal root as the one in Psalm 72.

Apple7

There are many views on the subject of the Kingdom of God, and you have suggested only one of many, and possibly fairly unique. I believe in the return of Jesus to establish his kingdom upon the earth Acts 1:11, 3:19-21, Isaiah 2:1-4, Micah 4:1-8, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14:1-21. I believe that the promises to David 2 Samuel 7:8-16 involves the restoration and conversion of the nation of Israel Luke 1:32-33. I also believe that the promises to David is an expansion of the promise of the land to Abraham Genesis 13:14-15, and the faithful will inherit this land promise when they are raised from the dead to rule with Christ upon the throne of David Galatians 3:8,16,26-29.

Kind regards
Trevor

Names and numbers don't demonstrate anything.

Show us your exegetical reasoning...