Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, considering how often you confess your having failed to understand the words of one poster or another - your above words might be just one more example of your having failed once more :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5; in light of Rom. 5:8.

Or this Body member's "Shalom" to you :)
Shalom

I was unable to see your spoiler.

I am simply saying that I have not been posting on the Sabbath.

I do not know where everyone lives in this regard.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In the shema the one is an adjective. It needs a noun.

Echad refers to unity.
Shalom.

I do not know what you are talking about. The Shema is

Shema Yisrael Yahveh Eloheinu Yahveh Echad

or

Hear Israel Yahveh our God Yahveh is one

Shalom.

Jacob

oatmeal

Shalom.

Can anyone here help me with what the Deity of Christ means?

I accept the Deity of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Does the Deity of Christ mean or speak to that Jesus is the Son of God, the only begotten Son of God, a man with the Holy Spirit, God, or any or all of the above in whatever combination? It is my belief to begin, that Jesus is not the Father, God, YHVH, Yahveh. I am a Jew and I used to be a Christian. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah, the TaNaKh, and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

According to a Webster's dictionary, deity means a god, or goddess, or a person worshiped as a divine being

So then, what does divine mean?

According to the same dictionary, divine means partaking of the nature of God; excellent in the highest degree; godlike; sacred; holy

So then, what does partake mean? partake means to take part or share in common with others.

Is Jesus a deity? That is, is Jesus a god or a person worshiped as a divine being, does he partake of the nature of God, is he godlike, holy, sacred?

What are our lives as Christians supposed to be like?

We are supposed to live lives that partake of the nature of God, excellent in the highest degreee, holy godlike and sacred.

As sons of God that is what we are supposed to be doing, just like Jesus Christ did and does.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
According to a Webster's dictionary, deity means a god, or goddess, or a person worshiped as a divine being

So then, what does divine mean?

According to the same dictionary, divine means partaking of the nature of God; excellent in the highest degree; godlike; sacred; holy

So then, what does partake mean? partake means to take part or share in common with others.

Is Jesus a deity? That is, is Jesus a god or a person worshiped as a divine being, does he partake of the nature of God, is he godlike, holy, sacred?

What are our lives as Christians supposed to be like?

We are supposed to live lives that partake of the nature of God, excellent in the highest degreee, holy godlike and sacred.

As sons of God that is what we are supposed to be doing, just like Jesus Christ did and does.
Shalom.

I am a Jew in belief, faith, and practice.

I know that Jesus is not a god. There is only one God. Yahveh is His name.

Shalom.

Jacob

Danoh

Shalom

I was unable to see your spoiler.

I am simply saying that I have not been posting on the Sabbath.

I do not know where everyone lives in this regard.

Shalom.

Jacob

If you are on your phone, just...

1 click on the words "Full Site" all the way at the end of the page, and that will take you to a page that will allow you to see some "things not seen" on your phone.

2 Then, when you want to return to the phone page you normally look at things from, just go all the way down to the bottom of the page.

3 Tap that box on your left just below that black strip, and then

4 go all the way down to "Mobile" and

5 select that, and that will return you to the Mobile view.

6 What you might do is save these various site views as Favorites for ease in getting back to them, in combination with the above steps, where needed.

Now, if you fail to understand all this that I have posted, just forget your usual "Shalom, I don't understand what you wrote," and instead just read the darn post over and over, until you do understand it :chuckle:

Believe me, I used to have your same struggle with understanding what I read.

Til I began to study out HOW to study out what I am reading (rules behind reading comprehension).

Now, its not only a piece of cake for me, but I find I'm way better at it than most - who never had that struggle.

Because most who never had that struggle, end up taking for granted, the basic rules behind reading comprehension.

Which explains all the odd ideas such come up with.

One of those basic rules is just to read a thing over, and over, and over.

Try that with Romans :)

Romans 5:8

Last edited:

oatmeal

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Most certainly the OT prophets and other believers aspired to live holy and sanctified lives before God.

"I am holy, therefore be ye holy"

Believers are to be partakers of holiness, sanctification, and other godly attributes

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

Is Jesus the promised Messiah of the Bible? in your view.

Have you received the forgiveness of your sin from Him?

LA

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you are on your phone, just...

1 click on the words "Full Site" all the way at the end of the page, and that will take you to a page that will allow you to see some "things not seen" on your phone.

2 Then, when you want to return to the phone page you normally look at things from, just go all the way down to the bottom of the page.

3 Tap that box on your left just below that black strip, and then

4 go all the way down to "Mobile" and

5 select that, and that will return you to the Mobile view.

6 What you might do is save these various site views as Favorites for ease in getting back to them, in combination with the above steps, where needed.

Now, if you fail to understand all this that I have posted, just forget your usual "Shalom, I don't what you wrote," and instead just read the darn post over and over, until you do understand it :chuckle:

Believe me, I used to have your same struggle with understanding what I read.

Til I began to study out HOW to study out what I am reading (rules behind reading comprehension).

Now, its not only a piece of cake for me, but I find I'm way better at it than most - who never had that struggle.

Because most who never had that struggle, end up taking for granted, the basic rules behind reading comprehension.

Which explains all the odd ideas such come up with.

One of those basic rules is just to read a thing over, and over, and over.

Try that with Romans :)

Romans 5:8
Thank you for your help with this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Most certainly the OT prophets and other believers aspired to live holy and sanctified lives before God.

"I am holy, therefore be ye holy"

Believers are to be partakers of holiness, sanctification, and other godly attributes
Yes

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shalom.

I do. And I am a Torah observant Jew. I believe that I am not the only one.

Shalom.

Jacob

are you then using the term Jew according to--

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

Danoh

are you then using the term Jew according to--

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

Nope.

That passage is referring to those Torah/Law observant Jews who not only kept the Law, but did so from a right heart attitude.

Paul is talking contrasting between said faithful Jew, and the disgraceful testimony of his fellow, Unbelieving Jew among the Gentiles.

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

The sense of that is "You who call yourself a Jew - who rest in your people having been given the oracles of God; and that He is near unto you..."

2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Paul's point being that so many of them had failed to keep the Law from a right heart attitude, that even the Gentiles they had been scattered among, or under, for their having disobeyed The Law - even the Gentiles among whom Israel should nevertheless have been a witness of God to - even said pagan Gentiles had put them to shame.

A very apt example I once read somewhere about this principle that Paul is actually talking about.

Say that two people are married.

And say that another couple living together are not married.

But the married couple are forever having extra-marital affairs on one another, in contrast to the couple living together who are not married but are loyal to one another.

It is this kind of principle that Paul is talking about there, in Romans 2.

He is laying out a history of how the Jew came to be no better off than most Gentiles in God's eyes.

What did such a Gentile among such Jews look like?

Matthew 8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 8:6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

In contrast to the so "called...Jew..."

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

In other words, this so "called...Jew" here...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Back to Romans on this issue - Paul then sums up this condemnation of the so "called...Jew" that he has been laying out, prior to the glory of the Cross he will then go into, in the very next chapter...after...this...

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

He will then follow that condemnation with the glory of the Cross as God's answer to all that mess, in the next section of Romans 3.

Acts 17:11, 12.

Last edited:

keypurr

A body was prepared for him in Mary's uterus.

Standard reproduction.
Jesus is not the one that needed a body prepared for him. Jesus IS THE BODY prepared for the logos, true son that was sent.
Jesus the flesh son is the Lamb, the sacrifice for mankind, but the logos is spirit, the express image of the Father, the son who was at the creation.
Jesus became the Christ oh God he Father when the logos came at his anointing. The logos is power and wisdom, Acts 10:38 tells you that Jesus received that power a his baptism. He was anointed with the logos. He was the only person God could trust with the logos.

Sent from my VS835 using TOL mobile app

keypurr

True. Christ always existed with the Most High.

"He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." (John 1: 2-3)

All things were made through him. Christ was the builder, not the architect.
Consider that Christ, the logos, is the express IMAGE of his creator. God was alone until he cloned himself.
God created all things through his Christ. Christ is FIRSTBORN of all Creatures/Creation.
There needs to be a subject to copy in order to have an image.

Sent from my VS835 using TOL mobile app