Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope.

That passage is referring to those Torah/Law observant Jews who not only kept the Law, but did so from a right heart attitude.

Paul is talking contrasting between said faithful Jew, and the disgraceful testimony of his fellow, Unbelieving Jew among the Gentiles.

Nope.

Both Jew and Gentile who believe and obey Christ are those who are of the circumcision of the heart.--

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The logos is power and wisdom, Acts 10:38 tells you that Jesus received that power a his baptism.

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 10:38)

So why did God wait until Jesus was 30 years old before bestowing his Spirit?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree.
To be loving you must be able to give love to, and receive love from, ....... someone.

True, and... it's impossible for an uncaused being to cause an uncaused being, which would have to be the case to have an exact clone of GOD, who is uncaused being.

Also, that which has no beginning is infinite being....GOD.
That which has a beginning is not infinite but is finite... creation.
Obviously, it is impossible to clone the infinite.
There cannot be two infinite beings because infinite is all of it.
To assume two infinite beings, one being would have to be different than the other.
To be different is to be lacking in a quality which the other one has, however infinite being lacks nothing.
For two infinite beings to have all of the same substance and qualities, the two would have to be the same being, which brings us back to the one infinite being, which is impossible to clone.

keypurr

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 10:38)

So why did God wait until Jesus was 30 years old before bestowing his Spirit?

Jamie it is very important to see and understand the word POWER in that verse. The logos came with the power of his Father. God created all through the power of his logos (son). Jesus was anointed with that power. That is why he went into the wilderness to adjust to that power and be tested by Satan.

At age thirty, one can be a Rabbi, priest.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Impossible.

Why?

Is not the express image the firstborn of all creatures/ creation?

That means at one time God, the Father, was alone for all things were created through his logos.

Give it some of your human logic my friend, it makes perfect sense to see God alone. Every image is created from a subject, God existed before his son did. His son is the first of all creation so God had to be alone.

keypurr

Why do you believe God has DNA?

Where did I say he had DNA?

Scripture says that the Son is the express image of the Father. DNA was not mentioned. Do Spirits have DNA? The Father and logos are spirits.

keypurr

True, and... it's impossible for an uncaused being to cause an uncaused being, which would have to be the case to have an exact clone of GOD, who is uncaused being.

Also, that which has no beginning is infinite being....GOD.
That which has a beginning is not infinite but is finite... creation.
Obviously, it is impossible to clone the infinite.
There cannot be two infinite beings because infinite is all of it.
To assume two infinite beings, one being would have to be different than the other.
To be different is to be lacking in a quality which the other one has, however infinite being lacks nothing.
For two infinite beings to have all of the same substance and qualities, the two would have to be the same being, which brings us back to the one infinite being, which is impossible to clone.

Heb 1:3 proves that the Son is not infinite. He is a creation.
A clone is a creation. That fact is why Jesus said his Father is the only true God in John 17:3.

Col 1:15 says the same thing.

Phil 2 says it is a form of God.

I see it//him as a created form of God for it/he was given the fullness of his Father. That makes him a god, not the most high.

keypurr

Somebody said he was cloned, which requires DNA.

Humans were created male and female, which requires DNA.

Go tell God that he can not do as he records then.

We are not talking about humans, God and his true Son are spirits.
Do spirits have DNA????

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heb 1:3 proves that the Son is not infinite. He is a creation.
A clone is a creation. That fact is why Jesus said his Father is the only true God in John 17:3.

Col 1:15 says the same thing.

Phil 2 says it is a form of God.

I see it//him as a created form of God for it/he was given the fullness of his Father. That makes him a god, not the most high.

Keypurr, you are so confused.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are not talking about humans, God and his true Son are spirits.
Do spirits have DNA????

DNA causes a person to be male or female for purposes of biological reproduction.

DNA is material, God is not.

keypurr

Keypurr, you are so confused.

No, I am not confused. I just see what the scriptures are saying.

You see the son born to Mary, I see the true Son created millions of years before that. You see flesh and bones, I see spirits. In other words, I go deeper than most on this subject.

keypurr

DNA causes a person to be male or female for purposes of biological reproduction.

DNA is material, God is not.

Agree, so I never brought up the subject of DNA.

But the Father did create his exact image and used that image to create everything else. Christ is much more than flesh and blood.

The true Christ is an IT like the early translation tell you.

Danoh

Nope.

Both Jew and Gentile who believe and obey Christ are those who are of the circumcision of the heart.--

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

LA

Nopel.

1: those passages you cited are referring to God's PAST dealings with Mankind BEFORE The FINISHED Work of The Cross he will shortly go into

2: they are ALSO referring to the best that man can await (tribulation and wrath in his own failure), should he decide on his own works for righteousness over that of The FINISHED Work of The Cross of Christ that Paul is merely contrasting all that against.

All that in Romans 1:18-3:20, is in contrast to Romans 3:21-Romans 4:25.

Nevertheless, LA, Romans 14:5 towards you on this, in memory of Romans 5:8.

keypurr

Cloned spirits? Caught in your own lies.

Not a lie at all.

God is a spirit just as Jesus told you.
His son is also a spirit for he is an exact copy of the Father.

Heb 1:3, Col 1:15

Is the Bible conflicting with my thoughts?

Show me my errors.

The son is a created spirit, the logos. He is a created FORM of God for the Father was pleased that it contained his fullness. This son laid the foundation of the Universe. He is full of the power given to him.