Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

WatchmanOnTheWall

I do not know you to be correct.

On this new one, did you read verse 29 of chapter 30 of John, which is the verse before?

Then you need to read from verse 25:

25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than allc ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

Jesus is saying God was/is greater than Jesus' Jewish opponents and His disciples.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then you need to read from verse 25:

25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than allc ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

Jesus is saying God was/is greater than Jesus' Jewish opponents and His disciples.
My point is that Jesus is not saying that He is the Father.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I disagree, the logos was IN Jesus. Jesus did not become flesh, he was born flesh. Logos is the express image of the Father, the Father is a spirit, not a man. Jesus is a man that was anointed with the logos which is a created form of God. The logos spoke through Jesus.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomea it.

keypurr

In what way?

A spiritual way. Love God with all you heart and love your neighbor as you do yourself. We will be one with God in love.

The son love his Father to the point where he took a human form and died on the cross. He came do the will of his God who sent him.

WatchmanOnTheWall

My point is that Jesus is not saying that He is the Father.

I know, that's because Jesus doesn't say He is the Father. The Father is the Father obviously. Jesus clearly says He is God and is one with the Father. That's partly where the understand of the trinity comes from, which you still don't understand, yet?.

keypurr

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomea it.

The Greek to English translation have done a great job on this verse to distort the meaning of it.

This is not about Jesus, its about the logos.

Get to the part where it becomes flesh. If it needs to become flesh it is telling you that it was not flesh. Proves my point about the logos is a spirit son.

WatchmanOnTheWall

A spiritual way. Love God with all you heart and love your neighbor as you do yourself. We will be one with God in love.

The son love his Father to the point where he took a human form and died on the cross. He came do the will of his God who sent him.

Jesus' God is His Father. And I was hoping you would point out what verses you were referring to in john 17?

WatchmanOnTheWall

The Greek to English translation have done a great job on this verse to distort the meaning of it.

This is not about Jesus, its about the logos.

Get to the part where it becomes flesh. If it needs to become flesh it is telling you that it was not flesh. Proves my point about the logos is a spirit son.

6There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15(John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”) 16Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God andb is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Jesus became flesh, he is the Word. This is very easy to understand how can it be misconstrued?

keypurr

Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

Jesus' God is His Father. And I was hoping you would point out what verses you were referring to in john 17?

Read the entire chapter, pay a lot of attention to verse three. It speaks of the only true God.

keypurr

6There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15(John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”) 16Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God andb is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Jesus became flesh, he is the Word. This is very easy to understand how can it be misconstrued?

JESUS WAS FLESH, HE DID NO NEED TO BECOME FLESH.

The logos became flesh, the logos created the worlds for his Father. The logos is the form of God in Phil 2. The logos is the express image in Heb 1:3. The logos is the son in Col 1:15. The logos is a spirit, Jesus was a man, a human like us, he could suffer like us. But the Christ IN him is a created form of God, for it the express image of the Father and IT was given the fullness of his creator.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know, that's because Jesus doesn't say He is the Father. The Father is the Father obviously. Jesus clearly says He is God and is one with the Father. That's partly where the understand of the trinity comes from, which you still don't understand, yet?.
I believe that I do not understand it, correct. But I see the matter of the definition or correct understanding of the Deity of Christ as a distinctly different question. I do not believe that God is three at all.

keypurr

yes.

Hebrews 13:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

He has not changed. He is still in a body.

Could be, but that does not conflict with my faith.

You forget that I believe that Jesus became the Christ.

The logos was at the creation, Jesus was not.

keypurr

Do you deny bringing up cloning?

Cloning is based on DNA, do you also deny that?

I am not a scientist on cloning friend, I only know God made his exact image, copy. IT, HE was like God in every way except he/it is a creature, creation, not God. Phil 2 states that it is a form of God, that the best I can give it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Apostle Paul wrote that

All the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form. Colossians 2:9