Paul: "If Christ be not raised your faith is in vain and you are still in your sins"

God's Truth

False statement not found in the scriptures!

Here is the scripture---Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

That scripture calls the Gentiles enemies because they were not circumcised in the flesh.

That scripture is about Jesus saving them and not making them get circumcised before saving them.

beloved57

Here is the scripture---Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

That scripture calls the Gentiles enemies because they were not circumcised in the flesh.

That scripture is about Jesus saving them and not making them get circumcised before saving them.
Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies Rom 5:10' and he died for men and women of all nations to include jews.

God's Truth

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies Rom 5:10' and he died for men and women of all nations to include jews.

Why are you doing that? You falsely thought that I spoke something not in the Bible; and then when I gave you the scripture you go on as if I never gave it to you.

You also add 'unbelievers' to a scripture that does not say 'unbelievers'.

You cannot just add things the scripture does not say.

There is a remedy to what you did, you still have a chance to repent.

beloved57

Why are you doing that? You falsely thought that I spoke something not in the Bible; and then when I gave you the scripture you go on as if I never gave it to you.

You also add 'unbelievers' to a scripture that does not say 'unbelievers'.

You cannot just add things the scripture does not say.

There is a remedy to what you did, you still have a chance to repent.
Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies/unbelievers by His Death Rom 5:10!

God's Truth

It is a big thing that Jesus would save the Gentiles---think about it, they were separate from God---they did not get circumcised and come into the covenant. The Jews are the ones who obeyed and did the works of circumcision---yet, the Gentiles never did those works and got to be saved anyway.

God saved them while they were uncircumcised enemies.

lifeisgood

What in the world have you been doing and how in the world is it that you can't think of all of them?

Remember you say ALL OF THEM.

Do you remember that SIN you COMMITTED on April 5, 1992 at 3:15pm and the one at 2:00 am, how about that one at 12:35 pm?
How about that one on November 3, 1990 at 5:32:03 am?
How about EVERY SINgle sin you committed in the year 1980?
How about EVERY SINgle sin gt committed just yesterday, 3/26/2016?

If the Lord Jesus Christ were to come down from His throne right now and say to gt, 'gt, give me your list including ALL and EVERY SINgle sin you have ever committed', He would most definitely say, 'gt, you forgot that one, and that one also, and this one, and that one' and then you, gt, would then know that your list is awfully incomplete exactly as everybody else's list. But you want to present the works of your hands.

Well, so be it, but you will not be able to say to God that you were not informed that the list(s) you kept were incomplete and were going to be rejected by Him.

If you do not remember EVERY SINgle sin, then you have NOT REPENTED of ALL and EVERY SINgle sin as you so boastfully and vociferously declares you have and continue to present the works of your hands which has already been rejected. The same way you say that gt OBEYS EVERY single saying of Jesus, but wait, 'oh, no, I, gt, CANNOT OBEY that one. That other one I, gt, CANNOT OBEY either.' And so on it goes, with gt.

I know which list I would bring to the fore and you can take to the bank I would not provide my own list for I know my own list is totally and completely and awfully incomplete before God. Yeah, I know it will go over your own working mind and hands for your mind and hands are working so hard to provide your own salvation before God.

lifeisgood

The resurrection of Jesus cannot be separated from His elects

I have asked this from other Calvinists but have not received an answer: "How do you know that you are His elect and one of your children is not and there's absolutely nothing he/she can do about it?"

God's Truth

Remember you say ALL OF THEM.

Do you remember that SIN you COMMITTED on April 5, 1992 at 3:15pm and the one at 2:00 am, how about that one at 12:35 pm?
How about that one on November 3, 1990 at 5:32:03 am?
How about EVERY SINgle sin you committed in the year 1980?
How about EVERY SINgle sin gt committed just yesterday, 3/26/2016?

If the Lord Jesus Christ were to come down from His throne right now and say to gt, 'gt, give me your list including ALL and EVERY SINgle sin you have ever committed', He would most definitely say, 'gt, you forgot that one, and that one also, and this one, and that one' and then you, gt, would then know that your list is awfully incomplete exactly as everybody else's list. But you want to present the works of your hands.

Well, so be it, but you will not be able to say to God that you were not informed that the list(s) you kept were incomplete and were going to be rejected by Him.

If you do not remember EVERY SINgle sin, then you have NOT REPENTED of ALL and EVERY SINgle sin as you so boastfully and vociferously declares you have and continue to present the works of your hands which has already been rejected. The same way you say that gt OBEYS EVERY single saying of Jesus, but wait, 'oh, no, I, gt, CANNOT OBEY that one. That other one I, gt, CANNOT OBEY either.' And so on it goes, with gt.

I know which list I would bring to the fore and you can take to the bank I would not provide my own list for I know my own list is totally and completely and awfully incomplete before God. Yeah, I know it will go over your own working mind and hands for your mind and hands are working so hard to provide your own salvation before God.

I know what all my sins were. If you do not know what you did wrong, what are you sorry for? How are you going to stop doing them?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I have asked this from other Calvinists but have not received an answer: "How do you know that you are His elect and one of your children is not and there's absolutely nothing he/she can do about it?"

Why are you asking me if I'm elect? Allow the words elect to be in the bible and leave it to that.

God's Truth

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:28
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
[ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

1 Thessalonians 1:4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?
Matthew 22:14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

2 John 1:13 The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings.
Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

All who God saves are elected , or chosen for salvation. They are elected /chosen when God saved them and gave them His Holy Spirit. God did not elect us in the predestined way the Calvinists teach, but God elects us when we believe, confess, and call on the name of the Lord to save us.

Know too that not all Bible translations even use the word elect.

Read this scripture that says ‘elect’ and ‘chosen.’ Mark 13:20 “If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.

Notice Revelations 17:14 even uses ‘called,’ and ‘chosen.’

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

1 Thessalonians 1:4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Matthew 24:24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 22:14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

2 John 1:13 The children of your sister, who is chosen by God, send their greetings.

Matthew 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Mark 13:22 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Romans 11:7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened,

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness—
Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

lifeisgood

Why are you asking me if I'm elect? Allow the words elect to be in the bible and leave it to that.

You can't answer either.

I'll keep on telling my children and grandchildren and all that the Risen Lord places in my path to accept Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for if they do they are assured of acceptance into God's predestined plan of salvation; otherwise, they are on their own, and that is not a pretty picture.

lifeisgood

I know what all my sins were.

No, you didn't and you, gt, know you don't.
I know you say you repented.
However, ONLY God can know if YOU repented of ALL of your sins.

It is boastfulness, if not presumptuousness, to say 'I, gt, repented of every single sin I, gt, ever committed in my whole life, but I, gt, would not be able to produce to God my list so that He can compare His list with mine.'

If you do not know what you did wrong, what are you sorry for? How are you going to stop doing them?

I know what I did wrong; however that was not the question was it. The question was 'did you repent of ALL your sins?'

And your answer should have been 'I, gt, did repent of every sin I remembered and I have thrown myself on God's mercy and grace that ALL of them were included even though I do not remember EVERY SINGLE one of them because ONLY God knows if I did or not; and because God is so wonderful, knowing that I, gt, am an imperfect vessel accounted to me God's righteousness because I threw myself at Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary and He, in His mercy and grace, accepted this unworthy vessel and that is an amazing thing to behold.'

You continue to throw yourself over your own hands rejecting Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You can't answer either.

I'll keep on telling my children and grandchildren and all that the Risen Lord places in my path to accept Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary for if they do they are assured of acceptance into God's predestined plan of salvation; otherwise, they are on their own, and that is not a pretty picture.
Off topic

God's Truth

Chosen is self explanatory. Leave the Bible as it is. Don't modify it

Jesus chooses those who obey.

It is to those who do GOOD BEFORE even hearing the gospel.

See Acts 13:26; Acts 10:35; and John 3:21.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."