PARADISE ON EARTH---don't we all really want it?

turbosixx

Yeah, because God knew the Jews very well. They always do things the hard way.

I'm not sure I understand. If the Jews had accepted him, who would have had him killed so he could become our perfect sacrifice? The I don't know of any gentiles that wanted to kill him.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure I understand. If the Jews had accepted him, who would have had him killed so he could become our perfect sacrifice? The I don't know of any gentiles that wanted to kill him.

It was predetermined that Jews would have Him crucified.

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Yet, Christ forgave them from the cross.

Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

This forgiveness makes it possible for Israel to have space to repent.

That repentance is offered at Pentecost and then the Messianic Kingdom is offered to Israel by Peter in Acts 3, dependent on their collective repentance.

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel,
Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Act 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Into Acts 4, the door is still open for Israel to repent and receive Messiah and the eyewitness testimony is right in the face of the leaders of Israel.

Act 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,
Act 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
Act 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.
Act 4:4 Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.
Act 4:5 And it came to pass on the morrow, that their rulers, and elders, and scribes,
Act 4:6 And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.
Act 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?
Act 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
Act 4:9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Israel's answer to GOD's call is a mounting persecution of the church and then with their resistance to the Holy Spirit and the murder of Stephen, the transition from the offer of the Messianic Kingdom to Israel to the saving of Paul by pure grace resulting in a new ministry to the nations has begun.

As Israel is blinded in part and rendered no longer favored nation status, the prophesied Messianic Kingdom to Israel is postponed and GOD begins to bless the nations, not through the rise of Israel, but despite its fall and offers salvation to individual Jews and Gentiles directly by grace through the cross.

When this program is complete(the fullness of the Gentiles), then GOD will resume His prophetic course for national Israel. The King will return to earth, be seated on His glorious throne(the throne of David) and rule the nations with a rod of iron from Jerusalem.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
turbo says:

When the bible tells us something, the reality isn't always what we imagine. For example:
Jn. 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Nicodemus took this literally, but we know it's not literal.

But Jesus explained clearly what He means..

I have shown verses and there are many more that say there is peace on earth through Christ but it's only with those whom God is pleased.
Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.

It is clear that it is talking about God will bring peace to earth using Jesus.

It is another prophesy..

Is no war, no famine, laying with tigers, ect... better than being in Christ and therefore at peace with God and man?

So you deny His people will have second life?

It would help me to see it a literal if you could please point out some NT verses.

I think I analyzed clearly.

Please answer my question then we can proceed from there.

thank you.

turbosixx

So you deny His people will have second life?
No. Born twice, die once. Born once, die twice.

I think I analyzed clearly.

Please answer my question then we can proceed from there.

thank you.

I think it would help us to proceed if you could give me some verses from NT writers that tell us about us about living on a paradise earth. I might be better able to understand your viewpoint.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No. Born twice, die once. Born once, die twice.

I think it would help us to proceed if you could give me some verses from NT writers that tell us about us about living on a paradise earth. I might be better able to understand your viewpoint.

I would like to go down to earth discussion.

So what do we do in second life?

turbosixx

I would like to go down to earth discussion.

So what do we do in second life?

That's a really good question. I've often thought about how we're not given a whole lot of information about the after life. I don't claim to have a firm grasp on this but here's my current understanding.
On this earth God's people gather and offer him worship and praise. I believe it will be the same in heaven.

Paul says flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. He says the earthly body is first then the heavenly.

1 Cor. 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.
I see us going from an earthly body to a heavenly body as he says here.

The Mystery of Resurrection

50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Again, it's not a flesh and blood body so it must be a heavenly body.

Where do you think Jesus will be for eternity? On this earth or heaven?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's a really good question. I've often thought about how we're not given a whole lot of information about the after life. I don't claim to have a firm grasp on this but here's my current understanding.
On this earth God's people gather and offer him worship and praise. I believe it will be the same in heaven.

Paul says flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. He says the earthly body is first then the heavenly.

1 Cor. 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly.
I see us going from an earthly body to a heavenly body as he says here.

The Mystery of Resurrection

50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Again, it's not a flesh and blood body so it must be a heavenly body.

Plenty of prophesy explains about peaceful and loving earth. You seem to be dismissing those prophesy. Those prophesy will be real.

Where do you think Jesus will be for eternity? On this earth or heaven?

In heaven with His Father.

turbosixx

Plenty of prophesy explains about peaceful and loving earth. You seem to be dismissing those prophesy. Those prophesy will be real.

Those prophecies are from the OT looking to Christ. If it were still future for us, wouldn't the NT writers tell at least the Gentiles because they don't know the OT prophecies.

In heaven with His Father.

That's the way I understand it as well. Paul says it's better to be at home with the Lord.

2 Cor. 5:6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight— 8 we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

We are aliens on this earth because our citizenship is in heaven.
Phil. 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.