Other Ways the NT is blocked here

musterion

Well let's not throw the baby out with the baptismal water...

We know that water in the Bible brings refreshment.

We also know that water is emblematic of the Holy Ghost baptism as evidenced by tongues.

The Holy Ghost also took the form of flame at Pentecost.

Jerusalem went up in flames in AD 70.

Flame is a symbol of judgment.

Flames can also be refreshing, as everyone knows.

Therefore, 70 was a time of litero-figurative refreshing, thus fulfilling the times of refreshing. All sound scholarship confirms this as the only possible conclusion.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IP's as bad as the Pentecostals who believe that the times of refreshing is speaking with tongues.

Biblical Pentecostals believe the times of refreshing began in Acts.

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Biblical Pentecostals believe the times of refreshing began in Acts.

Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

LA

Acts 3:20-21 (KJV)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
past and present--

future--

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

past and present--

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

SaulToPaul 2

past and present--

future--

Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

past and present--

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Act 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Times of refreshing=times of restitution of all things
After the LORD returns.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Times of refreshing=times of restitution of all things
After the LORD returns.

Refreshing is not restitution--

LA

Interplanner

Well let's not throw the baby out with the baptismal water...

We know that water in the Bible brings refreshment.

We also know that water is emblematic of the Holy Ghost baptism as evidenced by tongues.

The Holy Ghost also took the form of flame at Pentecost.

Jerusalem went up in flames in AD 70.

Flame is a symbol of judgment.

Flames can also be refreshing, as everyone knows.

Therefore, 70 was a time of litero-figurative refreshing, thus fulfilling the times of refreshing. All sound scholarship confirms this as the only possible conclusion.

Your last line is nonsense. It is an ongoing debate. But I don't know where you get the idea that the refreshing is 40 years later than when he is speaking! Why do you people have such a hard time with them describing what is going on in front of them? The mission to the nations comes and you treat it like it was a plague event instead of a time of refreshing. The DofJ was the greatest disaster of that century; who on earth would call it a time of refreshing?

I know of no connection between the tongues of Acts 2 and Pentecostalism. As I Cor 12's quote of Isaiah says, there needed to be a sign to Jews; they, Jews, were to see the gospel preached in the languages of foreigners; that is a sign that this really was the Spirit; it really was the Messianic mission breaking out; it really was the counter-event to what had happened back at Babel.

All that is as far from Pentecostalism as modern Israel is from Jer 31.

john w

Hall of Fame
You, however, are stuck in literalism.

I know of no connection between the tongues of Acts 2 and Pentecostalism.

Why are you stuck in literalism? Obviously, everyone with a sense of "greek grammar" knows that Acts 2 and Pentecostalism is not literal!!

As I Cor 12's quote of Isaiah says, there needed to be a sign to Jews; they, Jews, were to see the gospel preached in the languages of foreigners; .....at Babel.

Why are you stuck in literalism? Obviously, everyone with a sense of "greek grammar" knows that the prophet Isiah, the reference to Jews, languages, foreigners, and Babel is not literal!!

Why are you stuck in literalism? Obviously, everyone with a sense of "greek grammar" knows that Pentecostalism, Israel, and the prophet Jerimiah, is not literal!!

What else would you like you prove? Let me guess....The cross of Christ was not literal, but just a figurative way of saying that we must all "step it up."

Teach us. Please?

Right Divider

Body part
Thats what it is like talking to STP, RD, GM, Must, Tam, and then they are the hands down experts on what some OT passage means that the NT does NOT quote. Quite a combination.
Once AGAIN, our resident idiot uses this FALLACIOUS logic to create the "cancellationist" theory of scripture. :dizzy:

Interplanner

It's standard cancellationist policy.... nothing we can do about, really.

You two have decided that it is not the coming of the Spirit in Acts, yet every time the restoration of Israel is mentioned, the Spirit is poured out and does unusual things.

You do that because you don't want the messianic mission to the world to be the actual target that all of Israel and its prophecy was working toward.

The expression 'times of refreshing' is coupled with the 'blotting out of sins' which is a bookkeeping term/word picture for justification from sins. Which we know is the common message of both Peter and Paul's one gospel. Except those who are deluded by 2P2P where everything is double or two or another.

You want to impose on us your private understanding of 'times of refreshing'--private meaning 'apart from the AAL. So that you can keep 2P2P going.

Danoh

Your last line is nonsense. It is an ongoing debate. But I don't know where you get the idea that the refreshing is 40 years later than when he is speaking! Why do you people have such a hard time with them describing what is going on in front of them? The mission to the nations comes and you treat it like it was a plague event instead of a time of refreshing. The DofJ was the greatest disaster of that century; who on earth would call it a time of refreshing?

I know of no connection between the tongues of Acts 2 and Pentecostalism. As I Cor 12's quote of Isaiah says, there needed to be a sign to Jews; they, Jews, were to see the gospel preached in the languages of foreigners; that is a sign that this really was the Spirit; it really was the Messianic mission breaking out; it really was the counter-event to what had happened back at Babel.

Hey knucklehead - get a clue: actually; Musti was mocking yours and Lazy's nonsense.

:rotfl:

Interplanner

You might be interested to know that with all the OT expressions marked in the reference tools, 'times of refreshing' from Acts 3 is not. There is no OT expression that he was trying to tie into.

musterion

Amazing how you took all but the last line literally.

You is dense.

Interplanner

Amazing how you took all but the last line literally.

You is dense.

When locusts eat years you have to use some imagination; when you say the destruction of Jerusalem was refreshing, you've got to be kidding.

The refreshing was the work of the Spirit taking the Gospel to save and heal people from sin's debt. But the debate I was referring to was whether Peter doubled-back on that message or not.