Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The express image is a single spiritual being not a loose spirit like the Holy Spirit.

Don't you realize that God's Spirit and Christ's Spirit combine to make the Holy Spirit? This is why the Holy Spirit was not available while Christ was human until he was glorified. (John 7:39)

keypurr

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father with a body before coming to earth, and God the Father with a flesh body on earth.

You do not even know that Christ means God.
Christ means anointed of God.

GT, your heart is in the right place but your understanding is not.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Don't you realize that God's Spirit and Christ's Spirit combine to make the Holy Spirit? This is why the Holy Spirit was not available while Christ was human until he was glorified. (John 7:39)

There is only one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

God's Truth

Amen, that is when Jesus received the power of Christ. That is when the spirit son entered into the body prepared for him. That is when Christ took the form of man.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit, even in the womb of Mary Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to John the baptizer when he was in his mother's womb.

God's Truth

Wrong, Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. That is heresy.

Luke 1:39 In those days Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judah, 40 where she entered the home of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.…

Matthew 3:11 But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Notaclue

Wrong, Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. That is heresy.

Acts2:29. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

2Cor.3:17. Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty

Peace.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The true son of God, the express image of the Father.

When Jesus appears will we be just like him? If so, then obviously Jesus is not the only express image of the Father, just the first with more to come.

Why do you limit God to only one express image? (1 John 3:2)

God's Truth

Acts2:29. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

2Cor.3:17. Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty

Peace.

Finally, someone else who understands the truth.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all the same Spirit.

God's Truth

When Jesus appears will we be just like him? If so, then obviously Jesus is not the only express image of the Father, just the first with more to come.

Why do you limit God to only one express image? (1 John 3:2)

Jesus is God the Father with a body that had a body in heaven, then a flesh body on earth, then back to his glorified body when he returned to heaved---that is God with a body all along and called a Son.

We did not come from heaven, our blood will never take away sins of the world, you will never be able to put people in you so that you can put them in the Father.

You are making it as if Jesus is no different than us, and that is not right.

God's Truth

God only tells us of ONE express image. Why would he need more?

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God the Father is invisible. Jesus is God the Father with a body. We are humans with our own spirit inside of us...we are to be conformed to the likeness of Christ, who is God with a body. We do not become Christ, we become like him as we obey him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Finally, someone else who understands the truth.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all the same Spirit.

They are the same in essence, different in person. The Father is not the Son, nor is He the Holy Spirit. Study to show yourself approved. :poly:

John 14:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Role of the Spirit
16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

John 14:26 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

John 15:26New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

John 16:7New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

God's Truth

The Father is not the Son, nor is He the Holy Spirit. Study to show yourself approved.
There are not three different God’s that seem alike. There are three and they are one and the same God---that makes them each the same.
Role of the Spirit
16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
That other Helper is the same Spirit.
Jesus said they know this other Helper because he was LIVING WITH THEM. Who was living with them?! Jesus was living with them!