Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

Elia

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. - Isa 53:10-12

Bs"d

If anybody wants to know what's going on in Isaiah 53, look here: http://Isaiah53.notlong.com

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Last edited:

beameup

Bs"d

If anybody wants to know what's going on in Isaiah 53, look here: http://Isaiah53.notlong.com
Synopsis of the link on Isa 53: The servant that Isaiah is talking about is the people of Israel
Yet it pleased YHWH to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of YHWH shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. - Isaiah 53:10-12

1) It pleased God to punish Israel
2) Israel made his soul an offering for sin
3) Israel shall see the travail of his soul
4) Israel shall justify many
5) Israel shall bear their iniquities
6) Israel has poured out his soul unto death
7) Israel has born the sins of many
This is the Jewish interpretation of this part of Isaiah 53

Elia

Synopsis of the link on Isa 53: The servant that Isaiah is talking about is the people of Israel

Bs"d

You got the picture! Very good!

1) It pleased God to punish Israel

"For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights."
Prov 3:12

2) Israel made his soul an offering for sin

"Yet for Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
Psalm 44:23

3) Israel shall see the travail of his soul

"For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of Y-H-W-H,
And their offspring with them."
Isaiah 65

4) Israel shall justify many

Israel is justified by accepting the punishment for their sins.

5) Israel shall bear their iniquities

Of course they do. Nobody gets away with anything, and nobody else is going to bear your sins, especially not God.

6) Israel has poured out his soul unto death

Sure, Israel is called in the Tanach "the land of the living".

During the exiles Israel was cut off from the land of the living, as a nation it was dead.

7) Israel has born the sins of many

Israel bears the sins of all the Israelites.

This is the Jewish interpretation of this part of Isaiah 53

And now the Christian interpretation:

“Behold, my servant shall act wisely;” You believe this is JC. You believe JC is god. So God is his own servant?

When God speaks about "His servant", is God then speaking about himself or about somebody else?
Hint: A three year old can come up with the right answer.

“his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance, and his form beyond that of the children of mankind”

When did that happen to JC?

“a man of sorrows, and acquainted with sickness” When exactly was JC sick?

“Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.”

Wasn’t JC a very popular preacher who entered Jerusalem amongst a big crowd of followers?

“He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth;”

He didn’t open his mouth? "When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby struck him in the face. "Is this the way you answer the high priest?" he demanded. "If I said something wrong," Jesus replied, "testify as to what is wrong. But if I spoke the truth, why did you strike me?" John 18:22

When he was hanging at the cross he accused God, that is himself; he cried out: “Why did I forsake myself?”

“At the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?" Mark 15:34

He didn’t open his mouth?

“for the transgression of my people the plague was upon them”

This is a very clear proof it speaks about the Jewish people being punished for their own sins. “The plague was upon THEM”. Plural. So this is not about a singular person, so this is not about the messiah.

The Hebrew word translated as “upon them” is “lamo” The same word “lamo” is also used in Genesis 9:26-27: “God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be THEIR servant."

Deut 32:32; “and THEIR clusters are bitter.” Literally: “For them are bitter clusters.”

Deut 32: 35 “and their destiny will overtake THEM”

Deut 33:2; “"The LORD came from Sinai and dawned OVER THEM from Seir;”

The word “lamo” which means “for them” or “upon them” is also used in Isaiah 16:4, 26:14+16, 35:8, Psalm 119:165.

Some translations, realizing they cannot get around the plural, translate it as: “for the transgression of my people, TO WHOM the stroke was due?” Like this it is translated by the NASB, AMP, ASV, and in the footnote of the NIV.

But this is a very forced translation. There is nothing “due” in verse 8.

“He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence”

Done no violence? “So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.” John 2:15

A grave with the wicked? "When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathe'a, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him. And Joseph took the body, and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn in the rock; and he rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb, and departed " Matt 27:57-60

He was in the tomb of a righteous follower of his, and not in the grave with the wicked.

“And with the rich in his death” The Hebrew word for “death” is written in the plural, again indicating it does not speak about a singular person. Unless of course Christianity wants to say that their god died several times. If you say this talks about a whole people, then there is no problem.
But, if you want to say this speaks about the messiah, then you are in trouble.

And of course, this word is mistranslated in about every Christian translation to be found.

“Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief;” So it was the will of God to crush Himself???

“when he makes his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days” God makes himself an offering for sin? JC sees his offspring? How is he going to do that? He was never married, he never had any offspring.

“He shall prolong his days”
God is going to prolong his days when he makes himself an offering for sin? And if he doesn’t, God is not going to prolong his days?
But didn’t God die when he was 30?

“when he makes his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his offspring”
God needs to make himself an offering in order to be able to forgive his creatures? God first has to be murdered by his creatures, and only then he can forgive them?

“Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong” God is going to give Himself a portion with the strong? When exactly did JC get that?

Is it so hard to see that this is all nonsense? Having two gods, J-H-W-H and JC, and still insisting you have only one, denying you are an idol worshipper? How brainwashed do you have to be?

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

beameup

Bs"d

You got the picture! Very good!

"For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights."
Prov 3:12

Problem is is that "Israel" ceased to exist from 70AD - 1948AD. So, "Israel" had less than 40 years to fulfill your interpretation of Isaiah 53. Actually, the religious leadership spent those 40 years murdering other Jews that became believers in Yeshua Messiah. So much for your delusional psychotic "Messianic Complex"

Elia

I get you now Ella. On a Jewish forum you would be ordinary.

Bs"d

Of course, I give the orthodox Jewish viewpoint, that is very ordinary on a Jewish forum.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Elia

Problem is is that "Israel" ceased to exist from 70AD - 1948AD. So, "Israel" had less than 40 years to fulfill your interpretation of Isaiah 53.

Bs"d

I have news for you: Israel is still alive and kicking!

Israel is even back in its original home land!

HALLELUJAH!!

"Praise Y-H-W-H!
Praise Y-H-W-H, O my soul!
While I live I will praise Y-H-W-H!"

Psalm 146:1

beameup

Bs"d
I have news for you: Israel is still alive and kicking!
Israel is even back in its original home land!

:mock: NEWSFLASH: "Israel" ceased to exist - it was DEAD - from 70 AD - 1948 AD. So, "who" was "suffering" for almost 2,000 years?

Now, all the Gentiles have to do is "obey the 10 commandments" and they are good with God. That's your "gospel" of "light to the Gentiles", right?

Elia

:mock: NEWSFLASH: "Israel" ceased to exist - it was DEAD - from 70 AD - 1948 AD. So, "who" was "suffering" for almost 2,000 years?

Bs"d

The Jews in exile.

Your carpenter is dead for 2000 years. Who is suffering for you the last 2000 years?

Now, all the Gentiles have to do is "obey the 10 commandments" and they are good with God. That's your "gospel" of "light to the Gentiles", right?

No. The Gentiles have to observe the seven Noachide commandments:

Do not worship idols.
Do not blaspheme God.
Do not murder.
Do not engage in illicit sexual relations.
Do not steal.
Do not eat the limb of a live animal.
Establish courts/legal system to ensure obedience to the law.

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

Elia

Bs'd

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.
Isaiah 44:6

beameup

Bs"d

The Jews in exile.
NEWSFLASH: Israel ceased to exist. The prophecies specify Israel (the Nation).

No. The Gentiles have to observe the seven Noachide commandments:

Do not worship idols.
Do not blaspheme God.
Do not murder.
Do not engage in illicit sexual relations.
Do not steal.
Do not eat the limb of a live animal.
Establish courts/legal system to ensure obedience to the law.[/SIZE]

Total Failure. :hammer:
Never even heard of NoaHide Laws until a couple of months ago, as I'm absolutely certain most Christians haven't.
So, God has instructed you to "be a light unto the Gentiles" by telling them to obey NoaHide Laws???
You've successfully HIDDEN this from the Gentiles. God will surely punish you.

Elia

Bs"d

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Elia

Bs"d

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bs"d

Revelation 1:17-18 American Standard Version (ASV)

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last, 18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

Elia

Bs"d

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

God's Truth

Bs"d

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

Jesus isn't another God he is the same.

Elia

Jesus isn't another God he is the same.

Bs"d

The Tanach, for the Christians the OT, teaches very clearly that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H.

People who want to look that over in detail can look here: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/god-of-israel

So if anybody wants to say that Christ was God, or divine, than he has no choice than to say that Christ was Y-H-W-H, because there simply is no other God than Y-H-W-H.

But then you encounter the following problems:

If anybody says Christ is the same as Y-H-W-H then you are stuck with the fact that Y-H-W-H is his own son and at the same time his own father.

Then you are stuck with the fact that when Christ prays to his father, Y-H-W-H is praying to himself.

Luke 22:41-42: “and He knelt down and began to pray, saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

So here Y-H-W-H has a different will than himself???

Even in heaven Christ is subjected to the Father, according to Corinthians 15:28, Matthew 20:23, Fillipens 2:9, and others.

So Y-H-W-H is subjected to himself???

When Christ was hanging at the cross, he cried out: “My God, my God, why did you forsake me?” Matthew 27:46

So Y-H-W-H forsook himself???

Collossians 3:1; “set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.”
Y-H-W-H is sitting at his own right hand???

Y-H-W-H died at the cross, slaughtered by his own creatures?

If so, who resurrected him?

Remember there is only one God: Y-H-W-H who IS one.

By now it should be clear to everybody that it is IMPOSSIBLE that Christ was or is God.

And from that we learn that Christians who worship Christ are idol worshipers.

For more information why Christ was not God and not the messiah, look here: http://MountZion.notlong.com

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

Thus saith YHWH the King of Israel, and His REDEEMER the LORD of hosts;
I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God - Isaiah 44:6

Don't be S.O.S. :hammer: