Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

Ben Masada

When reading the book of Acts, I don't get that impression at all.

Perhaps because, when you read it, you do with Christian preconceived notions. Take a look at Acts 9:20. I consider the claim that Jesus was a son of God without a biological father worse than the claim that he resurrected being aware of the words of the Prophets of the Most High that, once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.

Apple7

You got that right. That's why I debate them. If not for any other reason, because they were not written by Jews but by Hellenist former disciples of Paul. But we never know. One day, I could be persuaded in favor of the opposite as there is nothing absolute about man.

If you trust The Gospels as truth, then you must also agree that they state that Jesus is God.

Elia

There are three.

There is God the Father who lives in unapproachable light.

There is God the Father who has a body in heaven, who gave up that body for a body of flesh, and then died, rose, and ascended, and received that same body He had before.

There is God the Holy Spirit that is given without limit.

Bs"d

It just doesn't get more absurd than this.

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

God's Truth

These deliberations were pre-RCC and the majority of Bishops were from the eastern churches.

Oh so you have been dabbling in the Eastern Orthodox denominations?

Go ahead and admit it so I can start exposing their wicked doctrines now.

Elia

Who said there was. There is one God, three persons.

Bs"d

There is one God, Y-H-W-H, who IS one, and therefore not made up of three persons.

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

Y-H-W-H, the one and only God who is one.

Beside Him there is no God, no Buddha, no Christ, no David Koresh; NOBODY.

Whoever worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H is an IDOL WORSHIPPER.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs"d

Three divine persons = three gods = polytheism = idolatry.

So...what do you do with these two divine persons, both called YHVH, one on earth speaking to Abraham and one in heaven raining destruction on Sodom?

Gen 18:22 And the men turned from thence, and went toward Sodom; but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said: 'Wilt Thou indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went His way, as soon as He had left off speaking to Abraham; and Abraham returned unto his place.

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;-KJV

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;-JPS
Gen 19:27 And Abraham got up early in the morning to the place where he had stood before the LORD.

Elia

One Trinity.

Bs"d

The usual trinitarian lie.

NOWHERE in the Bible is it written that God is three, three in one, a trinity, or anything like that.

It's a lie made up by man, which flies right in the face of the Biblical fact that God is one.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

Perhaps God revealed Himself gradually, over a long period of time,
through the Tanakh by using various names and appearances
to mankind, as the Hebrew language is very "earthy" and "concrete"
and centered on the senses... and Greek is more apt at expressing
and conveying "abstract" and philosophical concepts (such as a "complex" God)? :idea:

Bs"d

God is not complex, GOD IS ONE.

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”

Elia

Do you believe the only true God is a family? One family?

Bs"d

Of course not. Somebody who worships a whole divine family and then says he only worships one God has serious mental problems.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh so you have been dabbling in the Eastern Orthodox denominations?

Go ahead and admit it so I can start exposing their wicked doctrines now.

I've studied Church history and Patristics.

These deliberations took place also before singular Eastern Orthodoxy.

They were simply early believers wrestling with definitions of words and trying to make sense of the natures or GOD and Christ. No one in history has improved upon their narrow definition of terms and those that regularly depart from those terms inevitably fall into one side of heresy or the other.

Elia

So...what do you do with these two divine persons, both called YHVH, one on earth speaking to Abraham and one in heaven raining destruction on Sodom?

Gen 18:22 And the men turned from thence, and went toward Sodom; but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said: 'Wilt Thou indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went His way, as soon as He had left off speaking to Abraham; and Abraham returned unto his place.

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;-KJV

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;-JPS
Gen 19:27 And Abraham got up early in the morning to the place where he had stood before the LORD.

Bs"d

I don't do anything with that, because there is only one God:

You are trying to take the text: "Then Y-H-W-H rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from Y-H-W-H out of the heavens." to mean that there are 2 Y-H-W-H's, thereby ignoring all the Biblical evidence that tells us that there is only one God, Y-H-W-H who is ONE.

Compare this to the following: "Jack throws the ball to Tom, from Jack near the house".

Would anybody think that here is spoken about two Jacks? Of course not. It might be a little weird use of language, but considering that that Hebrew is 3300 years old, it might sound a bit outdated.

The Hebrew Bible teaches us time and time again that there is only one God, Y-H-W-H, who IS one.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

Bs"d

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Ben Masada

If you trust The Gospels as truth, then you must also agree that they state that Jesus is God.

Anywhere where the gospels say that Jesus "is" God is idolatry of the kind within the 80% of anti-Jewish interpolations to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Therefore, there is nothing of the Truth in them. Hashem is of an absolute Oneness.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps because, when you read it, you do with Christian preconceived notions.

No...I read it many times before I was a Christian with a literal approach, much of the time doubting what I was reading. But when YHVH changed my heart, I believe it now.

Take a look at Acts 9:20. I consider the claim that Jesus was a son of God without a biological father

Too tough a project for your god, huh? But not for YHVH who created the heavens and earth.

worse than the claim that he resurrected being aware of the words of the Prophets of the Most High that, once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.

2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

I'm not claiming that King David could raise the dead under his own personal power.
GOD did work that power through Elijah and others, however.

Job 7:9 As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more.

Spoken from man's hopeless and limited perspective, not from YHVH's, who can do exceedingly more than man in his hopelessness can imagine.

Isa 26:13 O LORD our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.
Isa 26:14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.

Is 26:13 speaks of the tyranny of the nations being lords over the nation of Israel and speaks of YHVH's deliverance from them. Progressive revelation reveals that all the wicked dead will be raised for a final judgement.

Isaiah goes on to speak of Israel's resurrection and deliverance in the next verses.

Isa 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
Isa 26:20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Why would you not want to enter into the chambers of salvation along with others of believing Israel and await the redemption not only of our physical bodies but of the whole creation?

Apple7

Anywhere where the gospels say that Jesus "is" God is idolatry of the kind within the 80% of anti-Jewish interpolations to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Therefore, there is nothing of the Truth in them. Hashem is of an absolute Oneness.

So, you have thus admitted to these things…

A) The Gospels are absolute truth.
B) Jesus is described as being God in the Gospels.
C) Even though Jesus is described as being God in the Gospels, you reject this.
D) You reject Jesus’ divinity out of your own personal worldview.