On Rape

Quetzal

it did

it made me think you were trolling

now, if you'd like to return to the subject matter at hand, which is responsibility for one's actions....

a father allows his children to be babysat by a known pedophile.

The children are molested.

is the pedophile responsible for his actions?

of course

does the father bear any responsibility for putting the children at risk?

Okay, fresh start then. In this situation, yes. He bears some responsibility.

bybee

what does scripture say is the role of the husband?

try selling that crap to Ronda Rousey

580x386

if women want equality, they can't turn around and whine about how unfair it is that they're not equal physically

A woman doesn't whine. Cry babies whine. Like you flooding the penalty box with your petty whining.

bybee

because i used the word butthurt? :freak:

how about this?

predictable from anna - her emotions are still raw from town leaving and the reasons she believes underlie that

If you were a mind reader that statement might have some plausibility?
As it is, perhaps I shall do some mind reading and say that you have never gotten over how inferior you are to TH and that drives your acidic nature?
Of course, I'm not a mind ready so it falls into the realm of surmise? Hmmmmm?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
well, it looks like anna's not interested in the topic, just in satisfying her emotional need to attack me for raising a topic she finds uncomfortable :idunno:

if anybody else would like to take a crack at this, feel free

a father allows his children to be babysat by a known pedophile.

The children are molested.

is the pedophile responsible for his actions?

of course

does the father bear any responsibility for putting the children at risk?

yes, he does.

glassjester

I wouldn't bother, glassjester, the OP is a sociology student vomiting out his class notes.

He seems to be mixing up culpability with mere existence.

Yes, the victim had to exist (in a specific time and place) in order to become a victim of any particular crime.

Yet there is no coherent link to culpability there. At all.

ClimateSanity

The point of my posts were to make you think. To get you to expand your mind. :chuckle: Face it, he got called out on it. Cried like a baby and you are nursing his little ego back to health. :carryon:

You are allowed to make people think but not him?

glassjester

in the context of the conversation, i meant all types of crime, but sure, i'll broaden that to all crime, in that we get the society we allow

So when you say every victim is partially responsible for the crime committed against him, how do you define "responsible" ?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Right, and you do agree that the primary responsibility is still with the criminal? (Feels like a stupid question to ask, but I want to be sure.)

initial response: of course

but.....

maybe not

maybe we get the society we allow, and those of us who have allowed it to come to this bear primary responsibility

how can we have gotten to the point where young men (and women) think it's allowable to act like animals?

remember - i'm speaking from the perspective of being a former high school teacher - i agonize over the possibility that one of my former students will get caught up in this crap - that we missed the opportunity to teach them to be good, moral Godly citizens

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I agree. I have so many lib friends here in Oregon, and I am constantly amazed at how irrational they are on any given number of issues. They make absolutely no sense at all. It's why I always say that the liberal mind has no room for common sense.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

2 Corinthians 10:4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.
5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Ephesians 4:21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, 22 that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, 23 and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wouldn't bother, glassjester, the OP is a sociology student vomiting out his class notes.

no, my class notes would make you vomit - the crap that's currently accepted as politically correct, especially when viewed through the feminist perspective